This extension will allow administrators to easily give simple announcements for their board. These announcements will be displayed on all pages for every user. Users can close announcements so that they individually do not see them any longer.
Release Candidate 1
phpBB 3.1.0-RC2 or newer
PHP 5.3.3 or newer
We have come up with our target list of features for the extension:
- Announcement text customisable in ACP
- Single announcement/notice
- Customisable colour for background of announcement container
- Dismiss notice
- Ability for admin to reset all dismissals of notice (for example on changing it)
- BBcode Support
- Unzip the downloaded release, and change the name of the folder to
- In the
extdirectory of your phpBB board, create a new directory named
phpbb(if it does not already exist).
- Copy the
phpBB/ext/phpbb/(if done correctly, you'll have the main extension class at (your forum root)/ext/phpbb/boardannouncements/ext.php).
- Navigate in the ACP to
Customise -> Manage extensions.
- Look for
Board Announcementsunder the Disabled Extensions list, and click its
- Set up and configure Board Announcements by navigating in the ACP to
Extensions -> Board Announcements.
All are welcome to contribute to the extension by forking our repository and submitting a Pull Request through Github.