[DEV] Post Love

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
nkyracer
Name: P F

Re: [BETA] Post Love

Post by nkyracer » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:45 am

Satanasov wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:23 pm
I will be doing the fontawesome integration. I just need to get to this extension. I think I have few more before going for this one ...

And yes - I'll be dropping the external images - some CSS fu can create the same effect as them. This will streamline the loading and remove external resources.
I was working on that myself. If i get it finished before you I'll pull it.

Sikander

Post by Sikander » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:18 am

Hello Satanasov, thank you very much for your hard work.

When do you think you will publish this extension ? In a month ? in six months ?
So i could manage my wait and hopes.

Thank you so much

EmmaL

Post by EmmaL » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:29 am

nkyracer wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:41 am
If I remember I'll take a look at the dutch file and see if i forgot to remove an argument in the notification language. That is where I made changes. Can you access the board index with the extension active? Anyone with a postlove notification probably can't access the board.
I think the issue is not in your changes... the warning was there already before fetching the latest changes. I can access the board with my account, the only noticable issue is the warning at the top of the page. I've googled for it but the only hits for similar warnings were for 3.1 boards running on PHP7. Needless to say I'm running 3.2.0 on PHP7 ;)

nkyracer

Post by nkyracer » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:08 pm

nkyracer wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:45 am
Satanasov wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:23 pm
I will be doing the fontawesome integration. I just need to get to this extension. I think I have few more before going for this one ...

And yes - I'll be dropping the external images - some CSS fu can create the same effect as them. This will streamline the loading and remove external resources.
I was working on that myself. If i get it finished before you I'll pull it.
Done. Pull request submitted.

lib_liz

Post by lib_liz » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:02 pm

I'm a little confused. Is there some kind of working version of this extension for 3.2 now? My board is using the default theme in English.

Edit: And if not, any viable alternatives?

null2

Post by null2 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:22 pm

lib_liz wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:02 pm
I'm a little confused. Is there some kind of working version of this extension for 3.2 now? My board is using the default theme in English.

Edit: And if not, any viable alternatives?
Im using this one, in 3.2: viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2259046

In github repository, look for "develop-3.2.x" branch. Dont use "master" branch.
Sorry for my bad english. I'm from USA.

waltersweb

Post by waltersweb » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:49 am

Hi,

I had the older version installed on my 3.1.5 board which didnt work anymore once I switched to 3.2.0.
Now I installed the 1.1.2 version and I am getting one issue:

When you click the heart, it doesn't show the like right away, only after refreshing the page. However, if you click the heart again, it takes 1 away right away without the need to refresh.

Is this a bug or wanted that way?
Thanks
Rene

Dragosvr92
Name: Dragos Valentin Rădulescu

Post by Dragosvr92 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:40 pm

Could be a bug that doesnt load whatever javascript or event needed to change the image.
Formerly known as TheKiller
3.0| Avatar on Memberlist 1.0.3

nkyracer

Post by nkyracer » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:17 am

waltersweb wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:49 am
Hi,

I had the older version installed on my 3.1.5 board which didnt work anymore once I switched to 3.2.0.

When you click the heart, it doesn't show the like right away, only after refreshing the page. However, if you click the heart again, it takes 1 away right away without the need to refresh.

Thanks
Rene
I think I needed to purge the cache after activating the updated version of the extension. I'm also assuming you are meaning the 1.2.x version.

waltersweb

Post by waltersweb » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:53 pm

nkyracer wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:17 am
waltersweb wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:49 am
Hi,

Thanks
Rene
I think I needed to purge the cache after activating the updated version of the extension. I'm also assuming you are meaning the 1.2.x version.
Edited:
I found the newer version hidden on his github and now it is showing as 1.2.x. And guess what: now it is working also :) Thanks!

waltersweb

Post by waltersweb » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:14 pm

Another question now for the newer version:
for me it is showing the x below the heart. usually it should be like this I think:

Code: Select all

1 x *heart* 
for me it is showing like

1 *heart* 
       x
I purged the cache multiple times, tried with other browsers and other users are reporting seeing the same thing.

Thanks!

nkyracer

Post by nkyracer » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:40 pm

I don't have that issue but then I've skinned the plugin to suit my board. Phpbb's default css must've changed with 3.2 and it's probably getting busy postlove's css.

EmmaL

Post by EmmaL » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:22 pm

waltersweb wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:14 pm

1 *heart* 
       x
Same here. Plus, would it be feasible to add the x to the div with the number? It makes it easier to show the members who loved the post, especially when the count is 1.

amiroslo

Post by amiroslo » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:41 pm

Could you make it to show the names of likers if click on the number of likes? and also in notifications, it should tell u the name of the one who liked it? because it doesnt for me currently on phpbb 3.1.10

lotuzwine

Post by lotuzwine » Sun May 28, 2017 1:38 am

I have tried to install this on a 3.2 board I will be soon releasing for production, but the extension did not appear on the extensions panel. Doind anything wrong?

I used the version from this branch: https://github.com/satanasov/postlove/tree/1.2.x

Return to “Extensions in Development”