[ABD] [DEV] Post Love

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
abravorus

Re: [DEV] Post Love

Post by abravorus »

One more question.
How to find the ACP page of this extension? I see only the page with information. But somewhere should be the ACP page for configuration of the extension, as I understand. For example, I would like to remove the summary block from the forum page.
v12mike

Post by v12mike »

abravorus wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:13 pm Latest version of master branch of Post Love from GitHub works for me too.

The update from previous version 1.2.0 was not smooth (may be because it was done on existing installation of phpBB 3.3.0).
First attempt to switch the extension on led to infinitive "wait till the extension will be initialized" on the extension's administration page (and forum didn't work during this process).
After 10 minutes I decided to reload that page and repeat "switch on" of the extension and this was successful, it works now. Even all data were preserved.

Thanks for support.
The database migration for this upgrade does a lot of manipulation of the posts_likes table, and due to phpBB rules on database compatibility, they are not very efficient, but on my test data and server, it only took about 20 seconds to run.

How many 'likes' are in your database? How powerful is the server that it runs on?
v12mike

Post by v12mike »

abravorus wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:47 pm One more question.
How to find the ACP page of this extension? I see only the page with information. But somewhere should be the ACP page for configuration of the extension, as I understand. For example, I would like to remove the summary block from the forum page.
The ACP for this extension is where it has always been... on the left hand panel of the ACP Extensions tab.

To disable the summaries on the index and forum pages, set to 0 all of the "How many ... posts to show" settings.
pszyman

Post by pszyman »

Links from the users likes page are not working? Link gets app.php before viewtopic part.

http://www.domain.com/forum/app.php/viewtopic.php?t=18183

Here is a fix.

editt the file ..\ext\anavaro\postlove\controller\lovelist.php

find

Code: Select all

$post_link = '<a href="' . $this->root_path.($short == 1 ? '' : ($page > 1 ? '../../../' : '../')) .'viewtopic.php?p=' . $row['post_id'] . '#'. $row['post_id'] .'" target="_blank" >' . $row['post_subject'] . '</a>';
				$topic_link = '<a href="' . $this->root_path.($short == 1 ? '' : ($page > 1 ? '../../../' : '../')) .'viewtopic.php?t=' . $row['topic_id'] . '" target="_blank" class="topictitle">' . $row['topic_title'] . '</a>';
and replace with

$post_link = '<a href="' . $this->root_path.'../'.($short == 1 ? '' : ($page > 1 ? '../../../' : '../')) .'viewtopic.php?p=' . $row['post_id'] . '#'. $row['post_id'] .'" target="_blank" >' . $row['post_subject'] . '</a>';
				$topic_link = '<a href="' . $this->root_path.'../'.($short == 1 ? '' : ($page > 1 ? '../../../' : '../')) .'viewtopic.php?t=' . $row['topic_id'] . '" target="_blank" class="topictitle">' . $row['topic_title'] . '</a>';
mlankton

Post by mlankton »

I changed the heart pngs to something else, but when I clear phpbb cache and clear browsing data on my browser I still see the hearts, even though they no longer exist. I feel like an idiot but I can't figure out why. Tried web browsers I normally don't use so they don't have any data cached for this extension. Someone nudge me in the right direction please
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

Do you use cloudflare or other cache system?
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
mlankton

Post by mlankton »

janus_zonstraal wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:54 pm Do you use cloudflare or other cache system?
no
mlankton

Post by mlankton »

I'm dumb. Changed the images but not the css. Problem solved and sorry for not giving myself an hour before posting.
mlankton

Post by mlankton »

I am experiencing some issues with notifications. I am getting notifications for some, but not all.
EmmaL

Post by EmmaL »

v12mike wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:06 pm
The database migration for this upgrade does a lot of manipulation of the posts_likes table, and due to phpBB rules on database compatibility, they are not very efficient, but on my test data and server, it only took about 20 seconds to run.

How many 'likes' are in your database? How powerful is the server that it runs on?
Migration here took quite some time as well, some 7 minutes or so. Fortunately I run my own MariaDB so I could run mysqladmin proc stat and saw that there was a large inefficient update running.

MariaDB [t_db]> select count(*) from posts_likes;
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
|    60068 |
+----------+
1 row in set (0.01 sec)
And then I got bitten by the postlove_hide bug as well... what's strange is that even when hidden you still get the x on the post.

Anyway I fixed it with two simple queries:

alter table profile_fields_data alter pf_postlove_hide set default 0;
and

update profile_fields_data set pf_postlove_hide=0;
as it turned out that the profile field was hidden from users anyway so nobody could have set it to '1' on purpose.
yusufemird

Post by yusufemird »

Where can I edit this place?
Screenshot_20.png
Screenshot_20.png (2.09 KiB) Viewed 2774 times
v12mike

Post by v12mike »

yusufemird wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:28 pm Where can I edit this place?

Screenshot_20.png
If you install the lastest version from github https://github.com/satanasov/postlove, you get the option to move the like button to the top of the post, where it doesn't conflict with anything.
pl_button.png
yusufemird

Post by yusufemird »

v12mike wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:02 am
yusufemird wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:28 pm Where can I edit this place?

Screenshot_20.png
If you install the lastest version from github https://github.com/satanasov/postlove, you get the option to move the like button to the top of the post, where it doesn't conflict with anything.

pl_button.png
ahahahah. This is not what I asked, the profile features part has shifted a bit. I asked him to fix it
Hervé
Name: Rudy

Post by Hervé »

Hi,
I would like to use PostLove for something a little bit different, can you help me to make the mod ?

Current operation
  • When you clic on the heart : it becomes transparent and the counter is incremented
  • If you click again the counter is decremented and your heart becomes full red
  • if somebody else (but not you) has clicked on the heart : you see the incremented counter but your hard is full red
Desired operation
  • When you clic on the heart : it becomes transparent and the counter is incremented (no change)
  • If you click again there is no change (you may only click once)
  • if somebody else (but not you) has clicked on the heart : you see the incremented counter and your hard is also transparent
In other words, you can only click once and the heart is transparent as soon as somebody has clicked i.e. as long as the counter is not zero.
Feasable ?

Why do I want such a modification ?
For the health of a forum each message must be read by at least one moderator.
Currently each of our 4 moderators reads each message even if it has already been read by another moderator, this is a waste of time.
I would like tu use PostLove so that, after reading, a moderator clicks on the heart so that the 3 other knows they are not obliged to read the post.
PostLove would only be visible by moderator, this is done already.

Thanks a lot in advance
Forum www.LeForumRecifal.com phpbb 3.3.0
v12mike

Post by v12mike »

Which version of post love are you currently using?

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”