[DEV] Post Love

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
xjeepguy

Re: [BETA] Post Love

Post by xjeepguy » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:45 pm

ekdikeo wrote:
random_rodder wrote:Is there a way to change the location of the 'love' icons (which I changed to thumbs up)? I have it installed with the Share On social media extension and the Post Love and Share On icons tend to sit on top of each other...

http://www.tandycoco.com/forum
Second this. I just updated my Post Love and Share On to their most recent git commits, and it did move the Share On slightly down from the Post Love, but they are still overlapping a bit.
It would be nice if it were placed where the Ajax Like mod places it . Bottom left of the post .

lordrichy

Post by lordrichy » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:40 am

If it could be optional, then I'd be all for it. However, most "Like" features are on the bottom right of the post, and for good reason I'd think. It simply fits in with the other clickable icons, and is where most people are accustomed to seeing it. But, again, if changing the location could be enabled, I'm all for it.

Satanasov
Name: Stanislav Atanasov

Post by Satanasov » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:39 pm

You guys - I've started working on the Theme Chooser for this extension. You will be able to submit new themes or build your own. You could send me few custom ones to add them for the first release - just archive your postlove styles folder and send it to me with the name you wish to give to your theme, a screenshot of single post and short descrition.

You will not find new pushes until I am finish with the whole bunch. (there will be new strings for translation)

P.S.: I think I have forgotten my English at home ... so sorry for the bad wording in this post.

P.P.S.: You can review the changes here - https://github.com/satanasov/postlove/tree/1.1

The themes system should be working. You will need to allow web server to write in ext/anavaro/postlove/styles

P. P. P. S. : Please do not update live board to 1.1until I merge it in master!
For list of all my extensions go to https://github.com/satanasov
If you want custom functions in some of my products - PM me and we will discuss it.

Satanasov

Post by Satanasov » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:36 pm

Adding themes to the extension:

It is now possible to add themes to the extension. This can be done by pushing a PR or sending me a zip file with your theme.

What should the theme look like?

You can see the structure of the theme here.

About the JSON:

The JSON file describes the theme.

Code: Select all

{
	"name": "Default",
	"author": "Stanislav Atanasov",
	"description": "Default Post Love Theme!",
	"support": [
		"ProSilver"
	],
	"preview": "preview.jpg"
}
The file should have the same name as the theme folder. This name will be the theme unique string. The preview image is not necessary but it will give some basic info for how the theme looks like.

Tests:

You should write your tests. Add your theme in tests/functional/postlove_theme_test.php after the first test. Start creating ...
If you want custom functions in some of my products - PM me and we will discuss it.

Satanasov

Post by Satanasov » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:13 pm

OK. With today's push you get list of all like activities related to the user ... I will be doing some functional tests ...

Still not fully stable but stable enough.

ItchyBear

Post by ItchyBear » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:08 pm

Thanks for your effort, our forum eagerly awaits this extension. All the best 8-)

Satanasov

Post by Satanasov » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:03 am

1.1 is out!

What's new?

You could Add styles (please review the default theme)
You now have list of all actions (likes and liked) in user profiles

ItchyBear

Post by ItchyBear » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:23 am

It's not stable for me I'm afraid. I use Arty's Black theme and get various errors including an inability to return to the board index from ACP... that scared me as it's a production board. So reluctantly un-installed.

We really would love post love (pardon the pun), but we would need the users total number to display below contacts & ACP stability must be rock solid.

For info. I also got a strange theme issue where it reverted to a blank default and that threw up sql errors above the ACP section titles :/

No doubt this relates to my setup but in it's current form I can't use it unfortunately.

Satanasov

Post by Satanasov » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:26 am

ItchyBear wrote:It's not stable for me I'm afraid. I use Arty's Black theme and get various errors including an inability to return to the board index from ACP... that scared me as it's a production board. So reluctantly un-installed.

We really would love post love (pardon the pun), but we would need the users total number to display below contacts & ACP stability must be rock solid.

For info. I also got a strange theme issue where it reverted to a blank default and that threw up sql errors above the ACP section titles :/

No doubt this relates to my setup but in it's current form I can't use it unfortunately.
Please provide additional information. What URL issue? What SQL issue?

ItchyBear

Post by ItchyBear » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:17 am

Lucifer4o wrote:Please provide additional information. What URL issue? What SQL issue?
I'll re-install and try to replicate for you.

Could you tell me where I need to make changes to order the total posts liked so that it appears below contact in the users details section of each post?

ItchyBear

Post by ItchyBear » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:18 am

Lucifer4o wrote:Please provide additional information. What URL issue? What SQL issue?
I'll re-install and try to replicate for you.

Could you tell me where I need to make changes to order the total posts liked so that it appears below contact in the users details section of each post please?

Satanasov

Post by Satanasov » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:21 am

Ofcourse I will ...

ItchyBear

Post by ItchyBear » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:55 am

MaFeSa wrote:Thanks for this great extension!
Just a suggestion, it is better to reverse and put hearts under contacts.

Before
After

Thanks again
Could you tell me how you achieved this please? I'll be able to re-install & give it another try with this.

Satanasov

Post by Satanasov » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:16 pm

Please review the modify_post_row function in Event and the appropriate event in style ...

waynerh155

Post by waynerh155 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:42 pm

I've had a problem with the extension of losing notifications after I added added other ext that use java script.
The ext were Ajax Chat, Lightbox and Timezoneclock. All three seem to be working well with other. I tried removing one at a time but it seems that if any of them were loaded the notifications would stop.

This was with with rev 1.0.3. I tried loading 1.1 and that was a total disaster. I ended up with database problems and had to reload.

I have upgraded to phpbb 3.1.6 but not had time to retest yet.

It should be noted that the post love would update the count and show the names of the members. It's just the notification.
Windows 10 Pro X64 | PHPBB 3.2.8 | PHP 7.2.23 | MySQL 5.7.27 | IIS10 | IE11 | Firefox 47.0.3

Return to “Extensions in Development”