[CDB] Upload Extensions 3.1.2

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
LavIgor

Re: [RC3] Upload Extensions 3.1.2

Post by LavIgor »

Hello, guys!
Some news for you.
Two new releases are now available!

Extension's webpage: http://boardtools.github.io/upload/

Extension's Version:
For phpBB 3.1.x: 3.1.2-RC3 (download from GitHub)
For phpBB 3.2.x: 3.2.0-dev (download from GitHub)

Release notes for the version 3.1.2-RC3:
This update includes support for the new types of links from the CDB on phpbb.com as well as JavaScript fixes.

You can use Upload Extensions Updater to install the new update - see instructions in the first post of this topic.

Release notes for the version 3.2.0-dev:
The extension is now compatible with the latest alpha release of phpBB 3.2 branch.
All previous functionality should work in the same way.
Please let me know if you find any issues (because phpBB 3.2 is still in development).

Upload Extensions 3.2.0-dev will continue to be updated for the following releases of phpBB 3.2.
Alpha/beta releases (as well as the possibility to update them with Updater) will be available when phpBB 3.2 reaches at least the RC stage.

Important note:
Upload Extensions 3.1.2 and higher comes only with British English language package.
Information about translations and other language packages can be found here.
Rhino.Freak

Post by Rhino.Freak »

awesome stuff man! Really, really impressive! This should come pre-installed in all phpbb 3.1 onwards releases!
You have my respect for this :)
Anuj Dhawan

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Excellent work indeed. Using it on my test and live board; no problem so far.

Thanks for your work! :)
Thanks,
leschek

Post by leschek »

I would like to ask, if would be possible to make dropdown menu for selecting language ISO names (in language upload form) where admins would be able to choose language codes from languages installed on board. For example if user have on board installed German and English language it would show only de and en.
LavIgor

Post by LavIgor »

leschek wrote:I would like to ask, if would be possible to make dropdown menu for selecting language ISO names (in language upload form) where admins would be able to choose language codes from languages installed on board. For example if user have on board installed German and English language it would show only de and en.
Ok, but I think that the ability to upload other language packages should remain too.
I think it can be possible to add a dropdown field with an ability to type your own text.
You can subscribe to the issue on GitHub: https://github.com/BoardTools/upload/issues/33.
leschek

Post by leschek »

Thank you.
LavIgor wrote:Ok, but I think that the ability to upload other language packages should remain too.
Sure, I agree with you. I just would like to have something faster than writing language codes.
LavIgor

Post by LavIgor »

leschek wrote:Thank you.
LavIgor wrote:Ok, but I think that the ability to upload other language packages should remain too.
Sure, I agree with you. I just would like to have something faster than writing language codes.
Maybe add a "quick option" instead?

E.g. support the following format of packages:

Code: Select all

ZIP_ROOT/ISO_CODE1/files...
--------/ISO_CODE2/files...
To be able to upload several language packages at once without typing ISO codes at all.

Or even implement the standard for uploading language packages for several extensions at once...

You can suggest your ideas, I think that the second "quick option" that can be a new checkbox can be even better than a dropdown list.
leschek

Post by leschek »

LavIgor wrote: Maybe add a "quick option" instead?

E.g. support the following format of packages:

Code: Select all

ZIP_ROOT/ISO_CODE1/files...
--------/ISO_CODE2/files...
To be able to upload several language packages at once without typing ISO codes at all.
This would be handy.
LavIgor wrote: Or even implement the standard for uploading language packages for several extensions at once...
Personally I very rarely need to upload language files for more than one extension. I guess it also would depend on packing of translations. It can be useful, if all translators would pack files in the same way.
LavIgor wrote:You can suggest your ideas, I think that the second "quick option" that can be a new checkbox can be even better than a dropdown list.
Well, at first I thought it would be enough, if browser remember the content of ISO field and offer me some options to choose from.
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

just tried this extension out on one of my test boards as i had a lot of extensions to disable and found this extension saved me so much time and works great :D

awesome work :D
wkuzma

Post by wkuzma »

spaceace wrote:just tried this extension out on one of my test boards as i had a lot of extensions to disable and found this extension saved me so much time and works great :D

he has worked so hard and made such a great extension - it should be a part of phpbb
supanet

Post by supanet »

wkuzma wrote:
spaceace wrote:just tried this extension out on one of my test boards as i had a lot of extensions to disable and found this extension saved me so much time and works great :D

he has worked so hard and made such a great extension - it should be a part of phpbb
I'll second that, make it happen guys. :idea:
Rhino.Freak

Post by Rhino.Freak »

supanet wrote:
wkuzma wrote:

I'll second that, make it happen guys. :idea:
Thirded :P XD
Talonos

Post by Talonos »

now this is how extensions are truly changing phpbb. the information inside of this mod is sooo extensive and the structing is great aswell. its now my fav extension. thank you.
Creating a world of warcraft website? check the sites out below for board3 compatable mods
Talonos: Pretereo Guild on stormrage EU
3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

Congratulations, great job. :) Extension has been validated
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
koraldon

Post by koraldon »

Really great - +1 on this being added to core, huge enhancement to phpbb.

Return to “Extensions in Development”