[CDB] Thanks for posts

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
rxu
Extensions Development Team

Re: [DEV] Thanks for posts

Post by rxu »

This is because you didn't follow the removing extension procedure. You have to upload files back and then complete the steps described here https://www.phpbb.com/extensions/installing/#removing
moredik

Post by moredik »

thanks, i was confused, i made it work with a new index.php file.

can i use this ext with 3 1 10? why did i have problems in the first place? should i try installing it again or it will make problems?

sorry for my English, and thanks for your reply.
moredik

Post by moredik »

I tried my luck and reinstalled it, cleared the data, and the enabled it, and the forum shut down again, i wasn't even able to disable it, so i deleted the files again, and the board works again.

Can someone tell me pls why i get this error? may it be because i have other languages and ext's installed?
this page isn't working, its unable to handle this request
http error 500
I have no other styles installed, and it's the 3.1.10 version.

My site is http://shtible.com/index.php

david63

Post by david63 »

moredik wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:23 am can i use this ext with 3 1 10?
Yes - in a test/development environment, not on a live forum.

This extension is marked as [DEV] so this applies
No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Galixte de EzCom
Name: Raphaël M.

Post by Galixte de EzCom »

moredik wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:22 am i installed this ext on my forum 3 1 1 10. and when i enabled it, the acp has stoped working, so i deleted the ext file, now i cant get to my forum at all, the whole forums stoped working,

sorry for my english.

please help.

shtible.com
Hi,
  1. Re-upload the extensions files/folders on your FTP,
  2. Go to phpMyAdmin and run this SQL query:

Code: Select all

UPDATE phpbb_ext SET ext_active = 0 WHERE ext_name = 'gfksx/ThanksForPosts'
  3. Delete extensions data (it’s a click action),
  4. Delete extensions files/folders from your FTP.
Communau EzCom
📖 « Traductions d’extensions & styles pour phpBB 3.2.x & 3.3.x ».
📋 Lists of all extensions identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.
📋 Lists of all styles identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.
Image Tu as un forum et tu veux aussi un site web ? Regarde par ici.
david63

Post by david63 »

Running that query is not the correct way to disable an extension as all it is doing is setting a marker as to where the extension appears on the Extension Management page. Whilst in many cases this will not be a problem there are a growing number of extensions where this will not only not disable the extension but will create further errors rendering the board unusable.

Currently the only way to correctly disable an extension if you cannot access the ACP is via the CLI.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
rxu

Post by rxu »

moredik wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:23 am can i use this ext with 3 1 10?
Yes if you download the archive from this branch https://github.com/rxu/thanks_for_posts/tree/master
moredik

Post by moredik »

Thank you all for your reply's, i downloaded the master version and it's working great.

My problem was that i installed the newer one on a 3.1 board.

Thank you, and sorry for my English
olalavui
Name: Bui Thanh Tung

Post by olalavui »

Still working with 3.2.x?
rxu

Post by rxu »

Yes.
Toxyy

Post by Toxyy »

Здравствуйте, Палыч и rxu.

I have an idea for an extension in mind, and yours would work very well with it and I am thinking about making it required.

Is there a variable in the mysql table that keeps track of a posts "score"? Kind of like reddit. You can up vote or down vote topics, and posts would receive plus or minus one point with each vote.

For the extension I have in mind, I'll need this functionality. Would this be possible for you? Or do you add anything to the posts table?

Edit: also, does this work with 3.2?
Edit again: just checked, saw your 3.2 version. My question still stands.
Would you be willing to add a down vote button if you don't have one? I could try to add one myself and commit the github.
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

Some of my extensions:
[3.3][BETA] Post Form Templates || [3.3][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][3.3][BETA] ACP Merge Child Forums || [3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad || [3.2][DEV] User Delete Topics || [3.3][DEV] Moderate While Searching || [3.3][RC] Short Number Twig Extension
rxu

Post by rxu »

Toxyy wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:48 am Is there a variable in the mysql table that keeps track of a posts "score"?
Toxyy wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:48 am Or do you add anything to the posts table?
No. All the data is tracked using a separate 'thanks' table.
Toxyy wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:48 am I could try to add one myself and commit the github.
Feel free to make a PR, and I'll try to look into it. Don't forget to follow phpBB coding standarts though, otherwise there's no chance for PR to be merged ;)

Палыч is not available anymore so I'm alone with the extension and my time at its development is limited.
Toxyy

Post by Toxyy »

I spent a lot of today to make this:

http://updevl.uk/post/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=2#p2

I'll be developing this extension further there. Making that responsive was quite hard, but it works for all resolutions pretty well. No functionality yet. Now that I have the buttons up, I'll look into adding +1/-1 value for each button. I used ➧ for the arrow and rotated it so it should be viewable by most anything. Numbers are a placeholder for now, though they have the same style as p.author so that should help with style compatibility.

I'll also be adding functionality for a downvote button as you had it placed, and I'll add an ACP option whether to view the buttons the way I created, or your default way.

Edit:

removed confirmation for removing thanks, will make an option for this in the ACP.

Side arrows now functional, but you can't like/dislike your own posts (yet), and dislike still isn't added.
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

Some of my extensions:
[3.3][BETA] Post Form Templates || [3.3][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][3.3][BETA] ACP Merge Child Forums || [3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad || [3.2][DEV] User Delete Topics || [3.3][DEV] Moderate While Searching || [3.3][RC] Short Number Twig Extension
rxu

Post by rxu »

Looks good, but I'm afraid that will be absolutely different extension with the current one.
Toxyy

Post by Toxyy »

The main thing I'm trying to do is add a dislike feature. These edits I've made are only my preference for styling to be honest.

Edit:

Just converted the entirety of prosilver to twig syntax. Should be compatible with 3.1 as well because I used 3.1 compatible loops.

Columns in place to hold value/total data.

Todo: Need to make a separate link for disliking, making sure removing thanks works for each button correctly (have it run if the same url for both and update columns accordingly), and have the opposite button work if you have already thanked/disliked (only updating values rather than removing thanks).

When all of that is done, I will add a permanent button for voting up or down and make sure they don't invert, I'll add a counter where I have already placed it and for another location for the default setup as well. Then I will make an ACP option for either style, and whether or not disliking is enabled. If it is enabled, I am contemplating changing the "Given thanks" and "Been thanked" to something more appropriate, such as "given ratings" and "been rated" or something.

I'll also add an option to disable confirmation page for removing thanks, as I already have implemented.

When everything works and looks good, I'll make the buttons use jquery or ajax or something to update the page and relevant contents automatically, without refreshing.

Edit again: up and down are working, removing up and down work, counter updates properly, and buttons shaded properly. Down thank icon added, it is always rotated 180 degrees of the original. I'll add proper shading later.

Edit again: acp options included for enabling down thanking, enabling side panel (only works with down thanking), and enabling the top bar (if down thanking is disabled, it will always be shown). Options are functional. Migration file almost updated all the way, need to work on notifications next. Ajax for last.

Some of my extensions:

Return to “Extensions in Development”