[CDB] Thanks for posts

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
rxu
Extensions Development Team

Re: [DEV] Thanks for posts

Post by rxu »

cangor wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:48 pm Ouch, just checked it again and it might be that I was using this mod:
I don't think I ever implemented convertion from the MOD you pointed to. I could look into the possibility of such a convertion if someone provides me with that MIOD source code (installation instruction).
Last edited by rxu on Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cangor

Post by cangor »

Thanks for your offer. I just wrote a small script which converted it - did work. Thanks again for your help and your extension!
Forex Station

Post by Forex Station »

This extension rocks.
Thanks developer I've got it working with 3.2 and Ravaio theme by Gramziu (who provided a free support pack). Bless them (and bless you too).
Last edited by Forex Station on Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Highly-customized PhpBB board voted as one of the most influential trading sites in the world: forex-station.com 💬
nhseacoast

Post by nhseacoast »

Do we need to set the forum permissions for each forum individually?

Edit: Also, would it be possible to not have it redirect when thanking/unthanking?

Great extension btw! Thanks!
http://nhgunforum.com phpBB v3.2.1
http://wtprise.org phpBB v3.3.2
Forex Station

Post by Forex Station »

nhseacoast wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:19 pm Do we need to set the forum permissions for each forum individually?

Edit: Also, would it be possible to not have it redirect when thanking/unthanking?

Great extension btw! Thanks!
Agreed. That would be good aye.
Highly-customized PhpBB board voted as one of the most influential trading sites in the world: forex-station.com 💬
rxu

Post by rxu »

nhseacoast wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:19 pm Do we need to set the forum permissions for each forum individually?
That is how forum permissions work.
nhseacoast wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:19 pm would it be possible to not have it redirect when thanking/unthanking?
Yes it would... someday :)
nhseacoast

Post by nhseacoast »

Nice extension just the same.
http://nhgunforum.com phpBB v3.2.1
http://wtprise.org phpBB v3.3.2
JustChise

Post by JustChise »

Can you clarify if this extension that's in DEV is gonna be merged with the similar Thanks for Posts that seemed to have been forked from this DEV one here --- viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2423931 ? I guess I'm just wondering why there are two different ones when the RC one linked above seems to have been derived from the original authors mod/extension.
Holger

Post by Holger »

rxu wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:39 pm
nhseacoast wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:19 pm would it be possible to not have it redirect when thanking/unthanking?
In the 3.0.x version there is no redirect. Or was that an addon-solution?
Forex Station

Post by Forex Station »

That is how forum permissions work.

Boss is there a way to enable guests to see which members thanked each other in posts?

I've tried to enable it in User Permissions but people who aren't logged in cannot see who thanked who still.
Galixte de EzCom
Name: Raphaël M.

Post by Galixte de EzCom »

See this: viewtopic.php?p=14223716#p14223716, there are only 4 permissions, so by default it’s not permit to guests to see these informations.
I suggest you to add my message above explaining permissions in the first post. It’s not the first time that i have to indicate this. ;)
Last edited by Galixte de EzCom on Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Communau EzCom
📖 « Traductions d’extensions & styles pour phpBB 3.2.x & 3.3.x ».
📋 Lists of all extensions identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.
📋 Lists of all styles identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.
Image Tu as un forum et tu veux aussi un site web ? Regarde par ici.
rxu

Post by rxu »

Galixte de EzCom wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:06 pm I suggest you to add my message above explaining permissions in the first post
Added, thanks :)
JustChise

Post by JustChise »

Again since the original extension author didn't answer...
JustChise wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:43 am Can you clarify if this extension that's in DEV is gonna be merged with the similar Thanks for Posts that seemed to have been forked from this DEV one here --- viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2423931 ? I guess I'm just wondering why there are two different ones when the RC one linked above seems to have been derived from the original authors mod/extension.
Bermudez
Name: Juan Antonio

Post by Bermudez »

JustChise wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:49 am Again since the original extension author didn't answer...
JustChise wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:43 am Can you clarify if this extension that's in DEV is gonna be merged with the similar Thanks for Posts that seemed to have been forked from this DEV one here --- viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2423931 ? I guess I'm just wondering why there are two different ones when the RC one linked above seems to have been derived from the original authors mod/extension.
I would also like that he clarify to us.
Regards.

PS: I believe that moderators should control this type of things so that parallel developments of the same extension do not occur.
Forex Station

Post by Forex Station »

Galixte de EzCom wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:06 pm See this: viewtopic.php?p=14223716#p14223716, there are only 4 permissions, so by default it’s not permit to guests to see these informations.
I suggest you to add my message above explaining permissions in the first post. It’s not the first time that i have to indicate this. ;)
rxu wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:48 pm
Galixte de EzCom wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:06 pm I suggest you to add my message above explaining permissions in the first post
Added, thanks :)
Thanks developer. If you could add the ability for it to be seen by guests as well that would be fantastic. Please try!

Return to “Extensions in Development”