[CDB] Thanks for posts

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Sisem

Re: [DEV] Thanks for posts

Post by Sisem » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:24 pm

Fair enough, I didn't realise that. :)

SalazarAG

Post by SalazarAG » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:05 pm

rxu wrote:
Sisem wrote:I found the issue where the mod is creating a duplicate class
This is exactly what is the bug about. Fixing it the way you stated is rolling the extension back to the previous state pointed by the link above.
This change was intended really.
Ok, thank you for answering!

I have a question and a suggestion: it would be possible in a future release when you reach for example 50 thanked a popular star appear on your post?
I'm sorry for my English. Google Translator does a bad job. :D

rrbailey89

Post by rrbailey89 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:55 pm

I have installed this ext on my board and I see the options for the top list and thanks list but no options to thank anyone for any posts. Also I dont see a setting in any forum in the ACP to enable thanks for posts in any forum. Also I dont see any permission under users for thanks for posts.

CoinHELP

Post by CoinHELP » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:02 pm

So I need to create a folder with this name gfksx and extract the zip to that then download that to my root?

I am sorry but I am confused. I was able to get all the other extensions to work but no matter what file path I upload this extension to it will not show up nor does the extension checker detect it.

It did, now it doesn't. I am using filezilla so I can manipulate any file, add, delete, change permissions and just about anything but get this extension to appear in my extension manager.

Maybe a screenshot? I know it's going to be me doing something wrong but I can't figure this out.

rxu
Extensions Development Team
Name: Ruslan

Post by rxu » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:06 pm

SalazarAG wrote:it would be possible in a future release when you reach for example 50 thanked a popular star appear on your post?
there's already posts/topics/forums ratings included, you can enable it to see posts rating (represented by stars f.e.) in topics and view the list of posts with thanks sorted by rating etc (see svreenshots in the 1st post of this topic), so I see no point in adding such an option, sorry.
rrbailey89 wrote:I dont see a setting in any forum in the ACP to enable thanks for posts in any forum. Also I dont see any permission under users for thanks for posts
Permissions should apper under the groups forum permissions at the Misc tab (f.e. Can thank for posts), please recheck that.
CoinHELP wrote:So I need to create a folder with this name gfksx and extract the zip to that then download that to my root?
Enter the /ext folder, create the /gfksx/ThanksForPosts folder inside it, enter /ThanksForPosts folder, then extract files from the archive and upload them into the /ext/gfksx/ThanksForPosts folder.
Last edited by rxu on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rrbailey89

Post by rrbailey89 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:07 pm

CoinHELP wrote:So I need to create a folder with this name gfksx and extract the zip to that then download that to my root?

I am sorry but I am confused. I was able to get all the other extensions to work but no matter what file path I upload this extension to it will not show up nor does the extension checker detect it.

It did, now it doesn't. I am using filezilla so I can manipulate any file, add, delete, change permissions and just about anything but get this extension to appear in my extension manager.

Maybe a screenshot? I know it's going to be me doing something wrong but I can't figure this out.

This is the path I uploaded too.

Code: Select all

/ext/gfksx/ThanksForPosts
It shows under the "Manage Extensions" for me. I just have a separate issue

rrbailey89

Post by rrbailey89 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:18 pm

Permissions should apper under the groups forum permissions at the Misc tab (f.e. Can thank for posts), please recheck that.
Okay the permissions are there

So I see now that the option to thank is available in prosilver but not PBTech

rxu

Post by rxu » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:25 pm

rrbailey89 wrote:available in prosilver but not PBTech
Try creating the /ext/gfksx/ThanksForPosts/styles/pbtech folder, copy there the contents of /ext/gfksx/ThanksForPosts/styles/prosilver folder and purge the cache.
I can't guarantee the style of the thanks button will look like pbtech styled posting buttons though.

rrbailey89

Post by rrbailey89 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:36 pm

rxu wrote:
rrbailey89 wrote:available in prosilver but not PBTech
Try creating the /ext/gfksx/ThanksForPosts/styles/pbtech folder, copy there the contents of /ext/gfksx/ThanksForPosts/styles/prosilver folder and purge the cache.
I can't guarantee the style of the thanks button will look like pbtech styled posting buttons though.
Sorry still no luck :(

rxu

Post by rxu » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:45 pm

Sure you copied /template and /theme folders from prosilver to pbtech?
Weird. What if you try disabling/enabling the extension?

rrbailey89

Post by rrbailey89 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:52 pm

rxu wrote:Sure you copied /template and /theme folders from prosilver to pbtech?
Weird. What if you try disabling/enabling the extension?
positive, here are some SS's. enabling and re enabling the extension had no results. deleting the data and re enabling also was not effective.

rxu

Post by rxu » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:02 pm

Ok, as far as I can see, pbtech is for phpBB 3.1.2 so some template events are missing.
You can try similar trick with viewtopic_body_post_buttons_list_after.html for pbtech viewtopic.php?p=14151111#p14151111, purge the cache.

rrbailey89

Post by rrbailey89 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:12 pm

rxu wrote:Ok, as far as I can see, pbtech is for phpBB 3.1.2 so some template events are missing.
You can try similar trick with viewtopic_body_post_buttons_list_after.html for pbtech viewtopic.php?p=14151111#p14151111, purge the cache.
Thanks! that worked. Do you think that you may be able to add this feature to the EXT somehow so that those using the style wont need to manually edit the files? If not I completely understand.

rxu

Post by rxu » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:14 pm

rrbailey89 wrote:Do you think that you may be able to add this feature to the EXT somehow so that those using the style wont need to manually edit the files?
Yeah, I think it will be fixed like that a bit later.

CoinHELP

Post by CoinHELP » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:52 pm

Enter the /ext folder, create the /gfksx/ThanksForPosts folder inside it, enter /ThanksForPosts folder, then extract files from the archive and upload them into the /ext/gfksx/ThanksForPosts folder.[/quote]

Thanks! This did the trick; I was one step away from getting it and you nailed it.

Return to “Extensions in Development”