[CDB] Board3 Portal 2.1.0-RC2

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
FomenkoAndrey

Re: [BETA] Board3 Portal 2.1.0-b1

Post by FomenkoAndrey »

I have a portal is the main page
mysite- portal page (mysite/portal/ but wothout portal in url)
mysite/portal/ - this page is invalid and unacceptable
mysite/index.php - is not the main page is a list of forums, secondary page

i proceed as follows: edited links in header and footer bars of the extension, replace mysite/portal/ to mysite
and put into htaccess code

Code: Select all

DirectoryIndex app.php index.php index.html index.htm
Now it works as I want.

whether the option is added to the admin panel to those settings can be done in extension, not the manual editing of code?

moviehive
Name: Aaron T

Post by moviehive »

moviehive wrote:
HJW wrote:
NickT87 wrote:
HJW wrote:
JupiterGPL wrote:New problem.

I can't delete modules. I just get a message that says "AJAX error Service Unavailable" when I try to delete a module. I also cannot delete and links in the "Links" module. I try to delete but it just brings me back to the main admin page for the portal.
This is since the Update to phpBB 3.1.1
yup i'm getting the same message pop up
https://github.com/board3/Board3-Portal ... 71855744a9
Commit does not work for me even with a purge of the cache.
Downloaded the latest code from Github and it's working fine now.

wkuzma

Post by wkuzma »

NickT87 wrote:
wkuzma wrote:Hi your portal works great, however I found a flaw
when your in the portal and you use the delete all board cookies link
you get this error

AJAX error
Not Found

If you are not in the portal the delete all board cookies works fine.

Oh and the calendar is one day ahead I am assuming that because the 8th is highlighted black that it is showing the date as being one day ahead - when I go to the board index it shows the 7th.
https://github.com/board3/Board3-Portal ... 71855744a9
I checked that link but have no idea what it means.

draky
Name: Gilles W.

Post by draky »

Try to update with this version : https://github.com/board3/Board3-Portal ... -2.1.x.zip

Fresh from source :)

wkuzma

Post by wkuzma »

Thanks I will try that one.

NickT87

Post by NickT87 »

NickT87 wrote:
NickT87 wrote:With the 'top' module you can add forum list. is there a way to add it to the Center column so the left and right side modules go down each side of it? ;)
Any ideas guys? :D
Still trying to figure out a way for this to work :)

Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader
Name: Marc

Post by Marc »

It should be as easy as adding that module to the center column. Make sure that you haven't already added it to your top or bottom module. If you already added the forumlist to a column, you won't be able to add it again.

GregariousJB

Post by GregariousJB »

Just installed this on a phpBB 3.1.1 board and thought I'd write about my experience to help improve a few things.

1. Installation Instructions
There aren't any. I had no idea how to get to my portal page until I found this obscure topic made back in July.

2. Board3 is only immediately compatible with the Prosilver style
Board3 appears with my CSS for my custom style, but none of the images carried over (\board3\portal\styles\prosilver\theme\images). I had to copy/paste the images into the location it looks for them: \board3\portal\styles\Cynthia_child\theme\images. This doesn't effect me much because I know how to fix the issue, but I can imagine the horde of users who want to know why their style doesn't inherit these images automagically - it should. I hope this is planned.

Thank you for this excellent, free portal! I hope my two cents helps to make it a little better for future users.

skibike

Post by skibike »

Does this work with phpBB 3.1.1? Ive uploaded the files into my /ext directory and when I go to Manage Extensions in my ACP....its not listed anywhere. All the Released extensions I uploaded appear without any issue.

HJW

Post by HJW »

Have you created the right path: ext/board3/portal/

skibike

Post by skibike »

HJW wrote:Have you created the right path: ext/board3/portal/
Thanks, that was it. The file I downloaded did not have that structure, so didnt know I needed to create the "board3/portal" part manually.

minimoibientot

Post by minimoibientot »

install successfully
;)

but ajax problem and impossible to remove modules and links
http://www.ltdp.fr - v3.1.3 + prosilver
wordpress :http://www.ltdp.fr/blog + worldsilver
pages + share on + board3 + rules + navbar + add user

Post by ..777.. »

Is there a way to get this working with prosilver_special edition? Some of the portal blocks are messed up when trying to view them.

patito_loko

Post by patito_loko »

hi, my problem!

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/portal.php on line 21: include(./portal/includes/constants.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/portal.php on line 21: include(): Failed opening './portal/includes/constants.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php5-5/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/portal.php on line 22: Use of undefined constant PORTAL_ROOT_PATH - assumed 'PORTAL_ROOT_PATH'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/portal.php on line 23: include(./PORTAL_ROOT_PATHincludes/functions_modules.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/portal.php on line 23: include(): Failed opening './PORTAL_ROOT_PATHincludes/functions_modules.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php5-5/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/portal.php on line 24: include(./PORTAL_ROOT_PATHincludes/functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/portal.php on line 24: include(): Failed opening './PORTAL_ROOT_PATHincludes/functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php5-5/lib/php')
and other problem this: vote invited module error

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/board3/portal/modules/poll.php on line 212: Undefined variable: request

Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader
Name: Marc

Post by Marc »

You seem to have mixed the 2.0.x version of the portal with the 2.1.0 extension version of the portal. Please make sure to remove any remains of the 2.0.x version of the portal before installing Board3 Portal 2.1.0-b1.

Return to “Extensions in Development”