Page 1 of 31

[CDB] Board3 Portal 2.1.0-RC2

Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:14 pm
by Marc
Extension Name: Board3 Portal
Author: Marc, nickvergessen

Extension Description::
Adds a portal with several modules to your forum. You can change the settings, move the modules, add new modules, and more in the ACP.
ImageImage
Extension Version:: 2.1.0-RC2
Required phpBB version:: 3.1.3

Features:
  • Moving, adding, deleting, and customizing modules in the ACP
  • Table-less prosilver layout
  • Unlimited custom blocks - you can add as many custom blocks in the ACP as you want
  • Responsive portal layout in prosilver
  • ...
Screenshots:
Board3 Portal @ Full HD
Image

Board3 Portal @ Nexus 4
Image


Demo URL: none yet

Extension Download:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... ortal_ext/

Issue Tracker & Feature Tracker:
Board3 Portal Github issue tracker

Re: [BETA] Board3 Portal 2.1.0-b1

Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:15 pm
by Marc
Reserved

Re: [BETA] Board3 Portal 2.1.0-b1

Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:30 pm
by Raul [ThE KuKa]
Nice work, and "Responsive" layout, very good. ;)

More translations... :mrgreen:

Re: [BETA] Board3 Portal 2.1.0-b1

Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:37 pm
by watisnf.nl
Nice, looks like I have some testing to do ;) Dutch translation will be made on Github, I will provide a link when we have done some work on it. Thanks for you time and efforts making this extension :D

Re: [BETA] Board3 Portal 2.1.0-b1

Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:32 pm
by PayBas
I'd try to move away from using: <img src="{T_EXT_THEME_PATH}/images/portal/portal_user.png" width="16" height="16" alt="" />

First of all so that it's easier to replace icons without having to edit all the templates (simply assign a CSS class instead, and define the icons in portal.css

Secondly, because {T_EXT_THEME_PATH} doesn't really like template inheritance. If a style inherits from proSilver, it will try to look for files with {T_EXT_THEME_PATH} in the path inside the child's path. This is "good", but having to copy a single .css file to another ext style folder is easier than having to copy all the icons etc. as well.

Re: [BETA] Board3 Portal 2.1.0-b1

Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:33 pm
by Peter77sx
I think in responsive mode it could look more cleaner with 1 column and not more.

Re: [BETA] Board3 Portal 2.1.0-b1

Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:35 pm
by watisnf.nl
PayBas wrote:I'd try to move away from using: <img src="{T_EXT_THEME_PATH}/images/portal/portal_user.png" width="16" height="16" alt="" />

First of all so that it's easier to replace icons without having to edit all the templates (simply assign a CSS class instead, and define the icons in portal.css

Secondly, because {T_EXT_THEME_PATH} doesn't really like template inheritance. If a style inherits from proSilver, it will try to look for files with {T_EXT_THEME_PATH} in the path inside the child's path. This is "good", but having to copy a single .css file to another ext style folder is easier than having to copy all the icons etc. as well.

That might be the reason this extension isn't working well on Prosilver Special Edition, I tried to add the map all and I add all the content of the map prosilver but it still has some issues ;)

Re: [BETA] Board3 Portal 2.1.0-b1

Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:37 pm
by PayBas
watisnf.nl wrote:That might be the reason this extension isn't working well on Prosilver Special Edition
Exactly.
watisnf.nl wrote:I tried to add the map all and I add all the content of the map prosilver but it still has some issues ;)
You don't need to copy files to /all/, since prosilver SE inherits from prosilver. So the templates should work just fine. The problem is that assets (CSS, JS and images) are more difficult to inherit. That's why this ext could use some of the changes I suggested.

Re: [BETA] Board3 Portal 2.1.0-b1

Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:16 pm
by watisnf.nl
Thanks for you explanation Paybas, I didn't no. I was under the assumption that my changes would fix it.

Marc, my 3.0 Board3 Portal is saying that it's outdated and that there is a new version available. It's redirecting to this extension (announcement on your board) please keep in mind that not every user knows that a extension isn't a modification. They might want to try and update it... ;)

Re: [BETA] Board3 Portal 2.1.0-b1

Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:10 pm
by Mess
Great to see this will be ported aswell. Any hope for portalview in this new version :?:

Re: [BETA] Board3 Portal 2.1.0-b1

Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:30 pm
by Marc
PayBas wrote:I'd try to move away from using: <img src="{T_EXT_THEME_PATH}/images/portal/portal_user.png" width="16" height="16" alt="" />

First of all so that it's easier to replace icons without having to edit all the templates (simply assign a CSS class instead, and define the icons in portal.css

Secondly, because {T_EXT_THEME_PATH} doesn't really like template inheritance. If a style inherits from proSilver, it will try to look for files with {T_EXT_THEME_PATH} in the path inside the child's path. This is "good", but having to copy a single .css file to another ext style folder is easier than having to copy all the icons etc. as well.
I think this mainly still exists due to issues with theme paths we had in earlier versions of 3.1.
I'll try to get rid of this.
Peter77sx wrote:I think in responsive mode it could look more cleaner with 1 column and not more.
Derky has mentioned something similar here: https://github.com/board3/Board3-Portal/issues/243
I'll be glad to get more input though.
watisnf.nl wrote:Marc, my 3.0 Board3 Portal is saying that it's outdated and that there is a new version available. It's redirecting to this extension (announcement on your board) please keep in mind that not every user knows that a extension isn't a modification. They might want to try and update it... ;)
Thanks. I forgot that the this would change while updating the version check file. Anyway, more reasons to move to the new json format for RC1.
Mess wrote:Great to see this will be ported aswell. Any hope for portalview in this new version :?:
I first tried to get the portal up and running. There has been no final decision on portalview. I might be able to add it once the portal gets closer to a stable release. However, it might be another extension that requires this one.

Re: [BETA] Board3 Portal 2.1.0-b1

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:50 pm
by JupiterGPL
Peter77sx wrote:I think in responsive mode it could look more cleaner with 1 column and not more.
I completely agree with this.

Is there a way that you could add some type of checkbox in the admin area to designate which modules could show up in a single column mobile mode?

Re: [BETA] Board3 Portal 2.1.0-b1

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:50 pm
by Mess
I'm only using single column even in full width. :)

Re: [BETA] Board3 Portal 2.1.0-b1

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:33 pm
by Peter77sx
Mess wrote:I'm only using single column even in full width. :)
I figured that was possible :) and that maybe not so much this extension fault. I think Prosilver is just aging in front of our eyes.

Re: [BETA] Board3 Portal 2.1.0-b1

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:00 pm
by JupiterGPL
I have noticed that when I create more than 1 custom module in the RIGHT COLUMN. The 2nd and 3rd module is shown below everything as if it was put in to the BOTTOM AREA.

I have 3 custom twitter feeds in this spot. They are all listed in the RIGHT COLUMN. If I move one to the top that top one displays correctly, but the remaining 2 are moved to the BOTTOM. I just added the Calendar Module back in to the RIGHT COLUMN and it is also being moved to the BOTTOM.

See my test portal page here:
http://www.gopherpucklive.com/31testsit ... php/portal