[RC] PM Search

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Satanasov
Name: Stanislav Atanasov

Re: [RC] PM Search

Post by Satanasov » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:18 pm

3.2 Compatible version - pushed. Please test and report.
For list of all my extensions go to https://github.com/satanasov
If you want custom functions in some of my products - PM me and we will discuss it.

Spaldo

Post by Spaldo » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:47 am

Satanasov wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:18 pm
3.2 Compatible version - pushed. Please test and report.
I am going to test this in 3.2. This is a great idea and I hope development will continue & be submitted for review :)

Satanasov

Post by Satanasov » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:39 pm

I have some requests regarding this extension in my own board ... so probably ...
If you want custom functions in some of my products - PM me and we will discuss it.

colnector

Post by colnector » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:35 pm

Any updates here? Any proper version for 3.2?

Satanasov

Post by Satanasov » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:03 pm

colnector wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:35 pm
Any updates here? Any proper version for 3.2?
The current master is working on 3.2

colnector

Post by colnector » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:46 am

Yep. I confirm it does. Thanks :) It there a way to create the index not through ACP? Using ACP and an open browser to create an index for millions of PMs is quite slow and error-prone.

Also, is there a way to quickly see all PMs sent from or to another specific user?

Satanasov

Post by Satanasov » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:21 pm

colnector wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:46 am
Yep. I confirm it does. Thanks :) It there a way to create the index not through ACP? Using ACP and an open browser to create an index for millions of PMs is quite slow and error-prone.

Also, is there a way to quickly see all PMs sent from or to another specific user?
Nope ... the indexing can only be done by ACP ... I think I have done it simple and error free as possible.

As for the all from user - I'll be working on extending this with different PM search and filter functions.

igorbond

Post by igorbond » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:55 pm

colnector wrote:
Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:00 am
You're right, sorry.
Is there an extension that would enable seeing all conversations with a specific user? This extension does freetext search, which is cool, but would still make it harder to view conversations with specific people if their user name is a common word.
When will this request be added?

colnector

Post by colnector » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:44 pm

Satanasov wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:21 pm
As for the all from user - I'll be working on extending this with different PM search and filter functions.
Such a feature would be really great. It can be on the PM search page and also the links to the author in a PM can change to show all messages by that person.

Is there a simple option to add a search box next to the "New PM" button? I believe it would be much more comfortable and intuitive than first clicking "Search in PMs".

And I hope the following motivates you: our forum is multilingual and we have many active volunteering translators. Now that we've installed "PM Search" extension, we've asked them to start translating it. When we compile everything we send it to you for inclusion in the extension's release.

Satanasov

Post by Satanasov » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:18 pm

colnector wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:44 pm
Satanasov wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:21 pm
Such a feature would be really great. It can be on the PM search page and also the links to the author in a PM can change to show all messages by that person.

Is there a simple option to add a search box next to the "New PM" button? I believe it would be much more comfortable and intuitive than first clicking "Search in PMs".

And I hope the following motivates you: our forum is multilingual and we have many active volunteering translators. Now that we've installed "PM Search" extension, we've asked them to start translating it. When we compile everything we send it to you for inclusion in the extension's release.
I will need to request few style events in phpBB core ... I will take care of that as soon as I have some time ... which I don't know when will it be.

colnector

Post by colnector » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:55 am

Satanasov wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:18 pm
I will need to request few style events in phpBB core ... I will take care of that as soon as I have some time ... which I don't know when will it be.
I assume you're referring to the second suggestion. Meanwhile could you suggest the best way to modify phpBB code for it?

With regards to filtering by user, I guess this doesn't need anything from phpBB core so just depends on when you feel like it :) You can see others have made a similar request and I've first requested it some years back. We're all patient :)

minusbrain

Post by minusbrain » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:38 pm

Hi @ all,

I get the following error message. :)

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/anavaro/pmsearch/search/fulltext_native.php on line 135: include(./includes/utf/utf_normalizer.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/anavaro/pmsearch/search/fulltext_native.php on line 135: include(): Failed opening './includes/utf/utf_normalizer.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php')
Here are the specifications:

PHPBB 3.2.1
phpBB 3.1 PM Search
PHP 7.0.19-1
Maria DB 10.3.2

Debian 9 Stretch (raspberrypi 4.9.59-v7+ #1047)
Apache 2

best regards from germany
Minus

colnector

Post by colnector » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:29 am

Satanasov wrote:
We've implemented it on our forums and can share the code changes for the benefit of the community

Satanasov

Post by Satanasov » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:57 am

colnector wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:29 am
Satanasov wrote:
We've implemented it on our forums and can share the code changes for the benefit of the community
Please do.

colnector

Post by colnector » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:35 am

A PM was sent with code allowing searching by members. In addition, a few translations were added. If you find this useful and integrate it into the extension, please add some credit for it for colnect.com team
Thanks again for this fine extension :)

Return to “Extensions in Development”