[RC] PM Search

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Satanasov
Name: Stanislav Atanasov

Re: [RC] PM Search

Post by Satanasov » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:26 pm

bitsss wrote:
andreask wrote:Hi,

First create a directory called anavaro in the phpbb directory. (If not exist)
Copy there the extracted directory pmsearch-master.
And rename it to pmsearch
So the structure should be:
/your forum/ext/anavaro/pmsearch/{content of pmsearch-master}
why this file structure is not in the zip-file?
Because you are downloading it from github.
For list of all my extensions go to https://github.com/satanasov
If you want custom functions in some of my products - PM me and we will discuss it.

Tarantino

Post by Tarantino » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:45 am

Thanks for this extension!

I've a doubt. You say "This extension uses ONLY fulltext_native search. It will not provide fulltext_mysql, fulltext_postgres or sphynx support."

Do I need to have fulltext_native search active on the forum so PM Search can work?
Or its independent?

Because I am using fulltext_mysql since I don't want to increase the 400Mb database to 1Gb database :lol:

Cheers

Satanasov

Post by Satanasov » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:30 pm

Tarantino wrote:Thanks for this extension!

I've a doubt. You say "This extension uses ONLY fulltext_native search. It will not provide fulltext_mysql, fulltext_postgres or sphynx support."

Do I need to have fulltext_native search active on the forum so PM Search can work?
Or its independent?

Because I am using fulltext_mysql since I don't want to increase the 400Mb database to 1Gb database :lol:

Cheers
The extension implements the fulltext_native search class for PMs
If you want custom functions in some of my products - PM me and we will discuss it.

Tarantino

Post by Tarantino » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:35 pm

I see. Maybe someone can help on coding this to the other types of search.
Anyway... this should be at the phpbb core... :/

Mickroz

Post by Mickroz » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:38 am

im getting this on a 3.2.x board, since 3.2 dropped the utf_normalizer.php file.

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/anavaro/pmsearch/search/fulltext_native.php on line 135: include(./../includes/utf/utf_normalizer.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/anavaro/pmsearch/search/fulltext_native.php on line 135: include(): Failed opening './../includes/utf/utf_normalizer.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php')
I don't need to "get a life." I'm a Gamer, I have lots of lives!
Q: Whats a hash and a root password?
A: hash gets you high, root password gives you god powers, combine the 2 and you are invincible.

Satanasov

Post by Satanasov » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:18 am

Mickroz wrote:im getting this on a 3.2.x board, since 3.2 dropped the utf_normalizer.php file.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/anavaro/pmsearch/search/fulltext_native.php on line 135: include(./../includes/utf/utf_normalizer.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/anavaro/pmsearch/search/fulltext_native.php on line 135: include(): Failed opening './../includes/utf/utf_normalizer.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php')
This extension have no support for 3.2

Mickroz

Post by Mickroz » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:44 am

Too bad :(
I don't need to "get a life." I'm a Gamer, I have lots of lives!
Q: Whats a hash and a root password?
A: hash gets you high, root password gives you god powers, combine the 2 and you are invincible.

Satanasov

Post by Satanasov » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:23 pm

Mickroz wrote:Too bad :(
I will be converting all my extensions when I have time.

P_I

Post by P_I » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:34 am

I've been searching (pun intended) for this functionality for eons. Thanks. This is very helpful for me as a board administrator who receives a significant volume of PMs.
Satanasov wrote:
Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:52 pm
Extension Description:: The extension gives users the abbility to search trought their personal messages.
A small bug to report, the composer.json has

"description": "Adds support for event medals"
Shouldn't it match the above, after typos are corrected. I think it should read:

"description": "The extension gives users the ability to search through their private messages."
Is there any update on if/when this will be validated and released for phpBB 3.1.x?
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams

Satanasov

Post by Satanasov » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:08 am

This is never going to be submitted for validation - too much work to be compatible with EPV ...

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:27 pm

Satanasov wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:08 am
This is never going to be submitted for validation - too much work to be compatible with EPV ...
When running EPV on your current code in github I see only two issues that actually need to be fixed, namely a missing license.txt (Which is simply putting it in the repo and packaging with it) and a invalid version constraint, which actually provides instruction on how to fix it.

The add_log error are not required to be fixed, the packaging structure error will not occour if your package it correctly when submitting.
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development

P_I

Post by P_I » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:31 pm

Satanasov wrote:
I'd hope you'd reconsider. I'd consider the ability to search PMs a much needed feature to offer my membership.

I'm involved in running a few forums and generally our policy is unmodified phpBB and only approved and released extensions. If it never gets validated and officially released then unfortunately you've stopped me from considering using it.

The forums I'm involved in have been around since the phpBB 2.0.x days and MODs and we've learned the hard way the maintenance effort required when you are changing the core and applying/updating MODs. IIRC one of my co-admins actually produced a couple of MODs back in the day. The phpBB 3.1.x and above philosophy to keep the core unchanged and using extensions has been a godsend in our opinion and has significantly reduced our maintenance workload when applying software updates.

Ultimately the choice is yours, I've given you my reasons and rationale. Again, I appreciate your efforts to make this functionality available and hope that you'll reconsider and get it submitted, validated and released.
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams

Tomba
Name: Steven De Groote

Post by Tomba » Fri May 19, 2017 7:04 am

Satanasov wrote:
Could you maybe outline what needs to be done for this?
I'd be happy to help.

Also, is it by now compatible with 3.2? If not, I'll take a look.

I personally think this should be a core feature of phpBB, rather than an extension, but if we get it approved and published, we could later also create a CR to get it added to phpBB in a future release...

3Di
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di » Fri May 19, 2017 7:40 am

Tomba wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 7:04 am
Satanasov wrote:
Could you maybe outline what needs to be done for this?
I'd be happy to help.
Just some posts behind there is the answer you are looking for
viewtopic.php?p=14638831#p14638831 8-)
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

Satanasov

Post by Satanasov » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:16 am

Still not compatible with 3.2... I hope that there will be a push next week.

Return to “Extensions in Development”