[CDB] RH Topic Tags

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
combuster

Re: [DEV] Topic Tags

Post by combuster »

leschek wrote: 1. Button in settings to allow tagging in all forums at once (something like in "Post settings" for the quick reply).
https://github.com/RobertHeim/phpbb-ext ... /issues/18
2. Tag cloud in section where the "Who is online", "Birthdays" and "Statistics" are. I can imagine setting in ACP to allow it. There also could be option to show there 20 (or so) most used tags (instead to show all tags).
https://github.com/RobertHeim/phpbb-ext ... /issues/19
3. I would like to have some option, which allow admin to control what tags are used.
https://github.com/RobertHeim/phpbb-ext ... /issues/20
BTW will the tag "battery" (with small letter) find topic tagged as "Battery" (with capital letter)?
see features, adding "true" to the tag-route is case-sensitive, while false is case-insensitive (default).
4. Permission who can add tags to topics.
https://github.com/RobertHeim/phpbb-ext ... /issues/17
5. I believe that some users who will use this extension use in phpBB 3.0.x Topic SEO description and keywords mod. It would be awesome if the tags from that MOD could be imported into your extension.
not planned
combuster

Post by combuster »

Hey,

some updates in new pre-release, featuring several new ACP options and an advanced tag cloud =)

download: see first post
screenshots:. see first post
change log: see 2nd post in this thread

full feature list:
https://github.com/RobertHeim/phpbb-ext ... s#features

todo:
https://github.com/RobertHeim/phpbb-ext ... ags/issues
FomenkoAndrey

Post by FomenkoAndrey »

tag cloud with usage-count disabled
not bad, but too much unused space. inefficient use of page space.
responsive design tag cloud with usage count enabled
does not like.

Tags can be displayed in topics, perhaps at the bottom of the first message.
but not in the list of topics.

I apologize for my English.
combuster

Post by combuster »

FomenkoAndrey wrote:Tags can be displayed in topics, perhaps at the bottom of the first message.
but not in the list of topics.
Yes, tags are displayed in the first message at the bottom as well as in topic-lists. Do you mean that you don't see Tags in the list of topics (viewforum)? Have you enabled topic-tags for the forum you are viewing? And have you actually tagged some topics there?
FomenkoAndrey

Post by FomenkoAndrey »

Do you mean that you don't see Tags in the list of topics (viewforum)?
no, i mean: tags dont need in the list of topics.
only tag cloud in the index page and in the topics in first message at the bottom.
combuster

Post by combuster »

ah ok I see, I will add an option, so you can disabled it: https://github.com/RobertHeim/phpbb-ext ... /issues/21
FomenkoAndrey

Post by FomenkoAndrey »

thank you for your decision.
although, based on experience with other engines, where the tags are de facto standard, I believe that in the list of topics - tags are not needed.
but you decide. thank you.
MattF
Extensions Development Coordinator
Extensions Development Coordinator
Name: Matt Friedman

Post by MattF »

Interesting extension

You should review the coding guidelines https://area51.phpbb.com/docs/31x/codin ... lines.html

I see a lot of issues with your code that could be easily cleaned up (too many empty lines. whitespace issues, crazy tab indents, curly braces usage), if you ever plan to get this extension validated/released.
Formerly known as VSEMy ExtensionsPlease do not PM me for support.
leschek

Post by leschek »

Great update. Here is some feedback:

1. In forum settings the option "Enable RH Topic Tags:" always shows "No" even if it was set to "Yes" just moment ago and in forum is allowed tagging.

2. Tag cloud on the index - Could you add the link to main page (app.php/tags) with all tags? I guess it could be done in the same way as the "Who is online" link.

3. In file \ext\robertheim\topictags\styles\all\template\event\viewtopic_body_postrow_post_content_footer.html is hardcoded word "Tags":

Code: Select all

<strong>Tags:</strong>
4. In language file en/topictags_acp.php is a few lines that looking same:

'TOPICTAGS_DISABLE_IN_ALL_FORUMS_ALREADY' => 'Tagging is already disabled for all forums.',
and
'TOPICTAGS_DISABLE_IN_ALL_FORUMS_DONE' => array(
0 => 'Tagging is already disabled for all forums.',

and it is the same in case of enabled tagging. I mean is it used for 0 plural? If tagging is already disabled for all forums there is not option (No) to "redisable" it again.

5. When I disable tagging in all forums I still can see tags in tag cloud, which I find confusing (especially when I click on tag with assigned number of topics (in brackets) and it shows me that there are not any topics tagged with this tag). This probably would be difficult to code, but it would be great if tags displayed in tag cloud are only from forums with enabled tagging (working tags).

6. Number in brackets behind tags (in tag cloud) are almost invisible when hover mouse over tag.
SB_1

Post by SB_1 »

Really like where this extension is going. I have another suggestion. Could you allow tags with spaces, which then will be shown as app.php/tag/tag-with-spaces. This would make it more user friendly and also more similar to tag systems in other software like e.g. Wordpress.
combuster

Post by combuster »

Thx for feedback and suggestions, I dont have time right now... see you sunday!!

PS if someone wants to contribute, feel free to create a PullRequest on github, I will review/integrate.
combuster

Post by combuster »

Ok, thank you again, I added all the suggestions and bugs to github-issues: https://github.com/RobertHeim/phpbb-ext ... ags/issues

There you can follow coding status =)

Most of the suggestions are great an planned for RC1.
combuster

Post by combuster »

Jo here we go! Implemented all suggestions and fixed all bugs 8-) :D :shock:
  • added user permission for adding tags and mod/admin permissions for editing as well
  • added whitelist & blacklist
  • allow whitespaces and convert them to "-" by default + ACP option to disable this
  • removed redundant language entries
  • fix bug where forum setting "Enable RH Topic Tags" was always "No"
  • count of tags in tag cloud does not include tags from tagging-disabled forums anymore
  • made tag-count in tag cloud readable
  • link from index to /tags (showing all tags)
  • worked on conforming to coding guidelines
  • fixed several bugs
see first post for new ACP screenshot and Downloads!!
FomenkoAndrey

Post by FomenkoAndrey »

Put the extension.
Most positive impressions!
There was not enough of such a functional earlier.

I want to offer you a system of input tags, as in the screenshots.
Very convenient realization tags in Joomla.
start typing a tag, you can with the first character (2,3, ...) to display a list of existing tags, from which you can select the desired one.
or enter manually, then it will create a new tag.
no commas or other separators.
each tag in its own container.

and of course, the ability to search and edit / delete tags (with the correct removal in posts), at least in the admin panel.
(or I could not find such an option).
combuster

Post by combuster »

Hey FomenkoAndrey,

Thank you!
FomenkoAndrey wrote:I want to offer you a system of input tags, as in the screenshots.
That would be awsome! You mean "offer"(you implement and make PullRequest on github) or "suggest" (I implement -> not in v.1.0.0 because I dont have enough free time)?
If you want to help, contact me via PN or on github, there we can discuss details.

Return to “Extensions in Development”