[CDB] TinyMCE Add-On for Pages extension

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Myllox

Re: [RC] TinyMCE Add-On for Pages extension

Post by Myllox » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:09 pm

John P wrote:@Myllox

Yes test please, waiting for validating.
Well can't test more than i have, from my point of view i have utilized every feature availabe and have no problems detected in IE11, Chrome nor FF.

I did expect there to be problems using bbcode extensions, but both extensions installed and no problems.

If requests for features are open then being able to apply classes to objects would be awesome.

sorry for a poor test report :/ ..

Cant wait to set it in production when released.

many thanks

//Myllox

VSE
Extensions Development Coordinator
Name: Matt Friedman

Post by VSE » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:07 am

John P wrote:@VSE
All the 3.1 extension are versioned 3.1.... simply to have difference between the 3.1 and 3.0 versions. It's just a number so it's saying nothing but for me it's handy in my db. More authors have a different version-system I saw.
I'm not sure what you mean by "All the 3.1 extension are versioned 3.1" unless you're speaking of just yours. Of course you can make your versions whatever you want. But doesn't it seem better for them to actually make sense, and be easy to follow and understand?

This extension has no 3.0 counterpart. In fact it has no predecessors at all. That would make it a 1.0.0 if anything. It will also be extremely confusing to users to see an add-on labeled v3.1.0 to an extension that is v1.0.0.

Calling this (and upload extensions) 3.1.0 implies this is a minor revision to the third major release of an existing mod/extension. It would actually be better to more closely follow the versioning of the extension (Pages) you are extending, making it easier for users to keep track, and by the way, this add-on is already gonna be broken due to changes currently merged (but not yet released) to Pages because we re-named template events.

It also has the negative effect of confusing people, because they will think maybe this, being 3.1.0, will only work with phpBB 3.1.0, and perhaps not work with 3.1.1 or later.

And it can also confuses them because it blurs the distinction between this extension's version number and phpBB's version number.

The phpBB MOD/Extension team has long had a soft internal policy against intentionally versioning the same as a phpBB release. It won't lead to an insta-deny, but it is frowned upon for some of the reasons I just mentioned.

Anyway, that's just my 2cents, as I'm just trying to be helpful.
Dictated but not read.
Official phpBB Extensions My Extensions & MODs
Please do not PM me for support.

infamanious

Post by infamanious » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:47 am

What a great twist..truly hope this gets validated! Saved me a bunch of time. This allows me to create a better looking news homepage completely editable in the ACP..coupled with pagination..its perfect.

Myllox

Post by Myllox » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:15 am

infamanious wrote:What a great twist..truly hope this gets validated! Saved me a bunch of time. This allows me to create a better looking news homepage completely editable in the ACP..coupled with pagination..its perfect.
spot on :)

infamanious

Post by infamanious » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:45 am

Myllox wrote:
infamanious wrote:What a great twist..truly hope this gets validated! Saved me a bunch of time. This allows me to create a better looking news homepage completely editable in the ACP..coupled with pagination..its perfect.
spot on :)
I may have spoke to soon..or my experience with css/html still tad bit under-developed. I'm trying to separate the content portion from the title, however, i want the content in separate containers.

TINYMCE gives me the ability to paginate as well as more html commands. I could use a transparent background on css class .panel and use TINYMCE to create separate divs for the content but i'm hoping....Frankly, i'm a bit confused on what exactly i want to accomplish. Here is an illustration.

example :

title
content,
content,
content,
content,
pagination

Code: Select all

<div class="panel">
	<div class="inner">
		<h2 class="pages-title">{PAGE_TITLE}</h2>
		<div class="content pages-content">
			{PAGE_CONTENT}
		</div>
		<!-- EVENT pages_after_page_content -->
	</div>
</div>

John P
Name: John

Post by John P » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:07 pm

Is it this what you want?

Code: Select all

<div style="width: 50%; text-align: center; border: thin solid #000;">NEWS</div>
<div style="width: 50%; margin-top: 5px; border: thin solid #000;">Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Mauris eleifend at libero nec fermentum. Nam ut lorem turpis. Nullam in dui augue. Fusce congue diam finibus, cursus lorem at, faucibus odio. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Duis vehicula lacinia velit a luctus. Ut aliquam suscipit augue eu rutrum. Integer imperdiet tincidunt malesuada. Sed hendrerit sit amet tortor at tincidunt.</div>
<div style="width: 50%; margin-top: 5px; border: thin solid #000;">Fusce luctus dictum quam in dictum. Fusce id gravida leo. Morbi turpis mauris, suscipit ut pretium interdum, commodo eu risus. Cras nec viverra eros, viverra ultricies urna. Vivamus vestibulum sem a sem faucibus, vel venenatis justo dignissim. Vestibulum vel nisi sed nisi varius sagittis a ut nisi. Nunc est felis, cursus in purus lobortis, ullamcorper fermentum enim.</div
Add it in source code in tinymce
Webhosting, Custom MODs, Technical management, MOD installation and Webdesign

Tuqe

Post by Tuqe » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:33 pm

Don't work.
:oops:

Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:26 pm

Tuqe wrote:Don't work.
:oops:
You should explain a bit more.......
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

VSE
Name: Matt Friedman

Post by VSE » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:21 pm

In the composer display name, it could benefit from being updated to "Pages Addon..." instead of "Page Addon..."
Dictated but not read.
Official phpBB Extensions My Extensions & MODs
Please do not PM me for support.

Tuqe

Post by Tuqe » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:26 pm

Yesssss!
:lol:
Thanks a lot..
:ugeek:

John P
Name: John

Post by John P » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:15 am

Updated for Pages 1.0.1, so please wait until Pages 1.0.1 is available.
Webhosting, Custom MODs, Technical management, MOD installation and Webdesign

Return to “Extensions in Development”