[ABD] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
ItchyBear

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by ItchyBear »

JoshyPHP wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:09 am I don't think Google Forms is a good fit for embedding. You should look into making a custom BBCode for it instead.
OK thanks.
I can't find any help on custom BBcode in 3.2 for a Google Form, could you point me towards help?
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by JoshyPHP »

I don't know anything about Google Forms, sorry.
I wrote the library that handles markup in phpBB 3.2+.
Carlton2001

Post by Carlton2001 »

Hi JoshyPHP, thx a lot for this extension.

I have a problem with Google Sheets. I don't understand why my links don't work.
I tried with the one you provided there and it's working very well.

Mine have the message "Sorry, this document is not public". But I tried every possible sharing options.

For exemple this link : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... fnhqx2VxP4

My users don't have any problem to see the document using my link.

phpBB 3.2.1, s9e-mediaembed-20170724
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

I've had issues with Google Sheets. Sometimes they are fixed by publishing or republishing the sheet.
Carlton2001

Post by Carlton2001 »

Thx for the quick answer !

You mean publishing it again on our forum or make another sheet ?
Because I can't count the number of time I published it on our forum :)
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

In Google Sheet, maybe in another sheet as you suggested.
Carlton2001

Post by Carlton2001 »

Nothing works :/
nikki605

Post by nikki605 »

Thanks for this great plugin, JoshyPHP! Is there a way to embed Periscope videos?

Example - https://www.pscp.tv/w/1vOxwOgpPmvxB

Thanks
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

As far as I know, Twitter only allows Periscope videos to be embedded as part of a tweet.
nikki605

Post by nikki605 »

OK, that worked, sorta. Embedding the tweet doesn't show the hearts or conversation that show in the direct Periscope link.
dawsonc2

Post by dawsonc2 »

I have a member of my board that is trying to embed a few video liks from xboxdvr.com but they are not showing in preview or in the post. I have checked with the example link you have on the supported links and it doesn't work either. Could you take a look at it when you have a minute please?
Thanks

I'm running phpbb 3.2.1

The links being used:
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/RAEBELIOUZ/video/35644318

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/RAEBELIOUZ/video/35336802

Links are being automatically parsed
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

Apparently they're having some issues with their embedded player going back and forth between HTTP and HTTPS. Nothing I can do about it and I presume they're going to realize it's not working pretty soon.
dawsonc2

Post by dawsonc2 »

JoshyPHP wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:11 am Apparently they're having some issues with their embedded player going back and forth between HTTP and HTTPS. Nothing I can do about it and I presume they're going to realize it's not working pretty soon.
Thanks for the info.
Darkness_demoN

Post by Darkness_demoN »

Is this will support Facebook Events?
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

Probably not, no.

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”