[BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Darkness_demoN

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by Darkness_demoN » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:07 pm

kk Thanx for reply :)

rxu
Extensions Development Team
Name: Ruslan

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by rxu » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:31 pm

Is it possible to embed a single Twitter video (without the tweet, like https://dev.twitter.com/web/embedded-video)?

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:45 pm

No, they don't have specific URLs so it's impossible to tell the difference between tweets and videos.
I wrote the thing that does the BBCodes in 3.2. Unless it broke yours, in which case it was somebody else with a similar name.

eduardo_nl

Post by eduardo_nl » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:02 pm

Has the Imgur/Gifv API changed? Those animated images/videos no longer work, now only shows a static image.

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:31 pm

It works for me, so I don't know. If there is an issue with your local install, it may be fixed in the next phpBB release when its dependencies are updated.
I wrote the thing that does the BBCodes in 3.2. Unless it broke yours, in which case it was somebody else with a similar name.

delmuerte

Post by delmuerte » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:43 am

This stopped working for me with the 3.2.1 update. Any chance there's a newer version somewhere?

Edit: Sorry, did not notice all these more recent replies. Looking through them now.

Gubkin
Name: Alexander

Post by Gubkin » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:14 am

delmuerte wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:43 am
This stopped working for me with the 3.2.1 update
try this ext https://www.phpbbguru.net/community/vie ... 70#p509870

feruchio

Post by feruchio » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:08 am

Is it possible to be made every video to be 100% shown, responsively?

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:19 am

delmuerte wrote:
This stopped working for me with the 3.2.1 update. Any chance there's a newer version somewhere?
It works for me. Try to reinstall maybe?
Gubkin wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:14 am
try this ext https://www.phpbbguru.net/community/vie ... 70#p509870
I'd rather you advertise those third party scripts outside of this thread. I don't want users to mistakenly assume I have any idea what that extension is or what it does.
feruchio wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:08 am
Is it possible to be made every video to be 100% shown, responsively?
In your style's CSS you can set [data-s9e-mediaembed] { max-width: 100% !important; }

feruchio

Post by feruchio » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:37 am

In your style's CSS you can set [data-s9e-mediaembed] { max-width: 100% !important; }
Thank you that worked great.
Now I am wondering can you make images from captured with this program (https://app.prntscr.com/en/index.html) to show in the forum? Also is there a way to embed GitHub code in the forum, like in you did with Pastebin?

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:41 am

You can just use the [img] BBCode. That's the best way to display images.

Gist snippets are supported, I don't think that GitHub code is.

feruchio

Post by feruchio » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:07 am

Okay git snippets work but how do I make for example this to show https://github.com/Arxero/Drawing-Figur ... Program.cs on the forum, sorry, but I don't wanna do every code I have into a snippet and post it like that, don't know maybe GitHub sucks.
And what I meant for lightshot is when I post this url https://prnt.sc/gr48n0 to show as an image, not to go in link and get the .png link, thanks.

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:04 am

I don't think GitHub provides a way to embed whole files from a repository. Even if they did, that's not something I would like to enable by default because it would interfere with linking to GitHub pages.

About prnt.sc, that's not the kind of things I want to add to this extension. If you're motivated you can implement it as a custom extension using this API.

feruchio

Post by feruchio » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:54 am

Thank you, man, you are really helpful. :)

delmuerte

Post by delmuerte » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:18 pm

JoshyPHP wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:19 am
delmuerte wrote:
It works for me. Try to reinstall maybe?
Weird; this is a brand new install, not an update. Example thread: http://www.reeelapse.com/viewtopic.php? ... tart=38300

Return to “Extensions in Development”