[BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by JoshyPHP » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:41 pm

That's something that needs to be addressed in mChat. Individual BBCodes can be disabled before parsing using the 3.2 API from phpbb\textformatter\parser_interface::disable_bbcode().
I wrote the thing that does the BBCodes in 3.2. Unless it broke yours, in which case it was somebody else with a similar name.

libralion

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by libralion » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:43 am

Hi everybody,
Great plugin! Works like a charm.
There is one issue though that I have.
For certain vk videos I get "Authorization required" or "Video not found". Those are normal videos. Nothing special.
The support from vk can't help me.
For Wordpress there is a solution, the lidplay plugin.
But what can I do on my phpBB boards?
You can see an example here: https://patriciakaas.nl/forum/viewtopic ... =204#p1757
I use the normal code taken from the iframe code given with the video:
https://vk.com/video_ext.php?oid=176215 ... 445c91a713
When I remove the hash I get "Video not found".
When you are logged into your vk account you can watch the video, but of course I want everybody to see that video.
Is there something I can do?

Johanna

ViolaF

Post by ViolaF » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:06 am

Authorization required
Go to vk.com
so its a godgiven fact, that it have this behaviour ;)

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:39 pm

libralion wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:43 am
For certain vk videos I get "Authorization required" or "Video not found".
VK likes to do that sometimes, there's nothing we can do. I looked into LidPlay and apparently it's a third party site that rehosts videos to inject their own ads. That's not something I can rely on or recommend using.
I wrote the thing that does the BBCodes in 3.2. Unless it broke yours, in which case it was somebody else with a similar name.

libralion

Post by libralion » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:53 pm

:o e
JoshyPHP wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:39 pm
libralion wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:43 am
For certain vk videos I get "Authorization required" or "Video not found".
VK likes to do that sometimes, there's nothing we can do. I looked into LidPlay and apparently it's a third party site that rehosts videos to inject their own ads. That's not something I can rely on or recommend using.
That is too bad. But they get the job done and I haven't seen any ads so far. Besides sites like Dailymotion and Youtube show ads too.

Johanna

razzun

Post by razzun » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:59 pm

Is it possible to get Google Docs added?

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:02 pm

What URL did you try that you think it isn't?

razzun

Post by razzun » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:27 pm

JoshyPHP wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:02 pm
What URL did you try that you think it isn't?
That to me or libralion?

I was using: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tHe ... LQA7os7b4k

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:26 pm

You. I tried that URL and it's not currently supported. Google Spreadsheets are supported, other docs aren't. Google Docs is particularly difficult to work with for some reason so there's no plan to add support for those, sorry.

razzun

Post by razzun » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:38 pm

JoshyPHP wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:26 pm
You. I tried that URL and it's not currently supported. Google Spreadsheets are supported, other docs aren't. Google Docs is particularly difficult to work with for some reason so there's no plan to add support for those, sorry.
Sounds good. I have a workaround I am using, just isn't all that pretty.

german-german
Name: Germán A. Sassone

Post by german-german » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:03 am

Nice!!!!!!!!! Thanks man!!

tonyJones

Post by tonyJones » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:28 pm

Hi, alot of the sites listed in the initial post of this long thread do not work.

MLB.com, CNN.com, etc.

Anyone know how to add these?

Thanks.

zorni

Post by zorni » Thu May 04, 2017 10:32 am

Is it possible to parse own things and if yes how? I'm interested in a parser for articles of our own Wiki based on mediawiki. Is there a tutorial how to make this work?

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP » Thu May 04, 2017 11:09 am

No, there's no support for custom sites.

Chrono
Name: Alfonso Camacho

Post by Chrono » Mon May 08, 2017 9:27 pm

Nice job with this extension.

Question, can I embed articles from WP based sites?

Example of embed article:
http://www.degeneracionx.com/2017/03/i- ... do-switch/

Cheers!
www.degeneracionx.com - Anime, Games & Nothing Else.
Anime and Games Hispanic Community (Spanish only)
Sorry for my poor english

Return to “Extensions in Development”