[ABD] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
nikki605

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by nikki605 »

Oh well. I was hoping I was missing something simple. Thanks for looking.
nikki605

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by nikki605 »

I've found yet another problem Brightcove video on a different website. Any hope I can get this one embedded?

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/sport/m ... dway-world

Code: Select all

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/sport/motorsport/just-makes-nascar-driver-tony-stewart-such-legend-in-speedway-world

Code: Select all

<iframe src='//players.brightcove.net/963482464001/HJiGOMree_default/index.html?videoId=5670720568001' allowfullscreen frameborder=0></iframe>
Nully

Post by Nully »

Hello,
Here is the link to my today's post which may be is on wrong place:
viewtopic.php?p=14893956#p14893956
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

If you post the Twitter link here I'll take a look at it but I expect this will be a Twitter issue that neither of us can control.
I wrote the library that handles markup in phpBB 3.2+.
Nully

Post by Nully »

The link:
https://twitter.com/thevocaleurope/stat ... 3897459712

Edit: it seems to work here. Why not on my board?
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

Please take a moment to reflect on the fact that you mentioned a Twitter link not working without providing the link, then after finding out that the link works, you mentioned the link not working on your board without providing the URL demonstrating the link not working on your board. Without context, the most likely answer is you didn't enable the extension.
Nully

Post by Nully »

I have your extension since years. It is activated.
The same link on my board gives message "Media cannot be read" when I click on the video.

My board is not completely public.
Here is link to a forum that guests can read:

Please try to clic on the video.

Edit: link removed to avoid 404 error.
Last edited by Nully on Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

The video works fine in my browser Chromium 64.0.3282.39. It's probably an issue with your browser. My guess is your Firefox is configured to block Twitter's analytics.

You can try watching the video on Twitter's site directly at https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/944864913897459712
Nully

Post by Nully »

Bravo JoshyPHP :D
It works fine with Chrome and Opera.
Unfortunately I did not yet found how and if I configured to block Twitter's analytics :oops:
Nully

Post by Nully »

I found how to solve the problem about Mozilla Firefox.
about:config
"security.csp.enable" must be "false"
potku

Post by potku »

JoshyPHP wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:19 am
feruchio wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:08 am Is it possible to be made every video to be 100% shown, responsively?
In your style's CSS you can set [data-s9e-mediaembed] { max-width: 100% !important; }
Sorry, this is a n00b question, but to which CSS file (under Theme) should that code snippet be added? :)
Potku.net

"Before I speak, I have something important to say."

- Groucho Marx
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

Any CSS file that's included on every page should do, I presume. Try asking in the style forum which one is most appropriate.
Bine1860

Post by Bine1860 »

Does this show the videos etc..also on an android device or on iPhones?
Nully

Post by Nully »

Yes it does. On Android. I dont know for iPhone, I don't have it.
lifeguard81

Post by lifeguard81 »

Still one of the best extensions.
Bye phpBB, hello Compo.sr A complete website package with news, forum, chat, gallery and much more!

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”