[CDB]Ajax Shoutbox

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
mrgtb

Re: [BETA]Ajax Shoutbox

Post by mrgtb »

It's a really good shoutbox mod, less bloated than mChat - but I've ended up removing it yesterday. It desperately needs the delete shouts added seeing as permissions are there for it to be used. And only allowing a certain limit of shouts to be stored in database table (trims old ones away after a set limit) is a real must, otherwise you have to manually go into table using phpMyAdmin to delete old shouts.

How comes you based user permissions on User Roles and not Usergroup Permissions. As there is no option using User Roles to show it to guests or let them use it.
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

Because the extension is simply still in development. The next beta will contain a delete function, but implementing simply costs time.
strelok-by
Name: Stanislav

Post by strelok-by »

If you attempt to delete a post error:

Code: Select all

The controller must be a callable (Array(0 => Object(paul999\ajaxshoutbox\controller\main_controller), 1 => delete) given).
Paul

Post by Paul »

Don't use the development release. The delete function is still in development and not working yet.
Steve
Name: Steven Clark

Re: [DEV]Ajax Shoutbox

Post by Steve »

VSE wrote:Sweet! Will this be an Mchat killer? ;)
Haha very funny! Mchat is on it's way to phpbb 3.1.x ,only way this mod could be as good as Richards mchat if it included private chats ,which I have implemented via mchat and the pm system with in mchat ... Good luck though :)
mrgtb

Re: [DEV]Ajax Shoutbox

Post by mrgtb »

vectra-mods wrote:
VSE wrote:Sweet! Will this be an Mchat killer? ;)
Haha very funny! Mchat is on it's way to phpbb 3.1.x ,only way this mod could be as good as Richards mchat if it included private chats ,which I have implemented via mchat and the pm system with in mchat ... Good luck though :)
Both chat mods are different and will appeal to different users. While mChat is far more feature packed this is still a very good shoutbox when finished for those wanting something more basic offering less options. It also uses Ajax, does mChat use JavaScript. I have used it before but not sure if it's Ajax or Java based
noth

Post by noth »

I tried it out

I found that in Chrome, Firefox the messages when posted to the shoutbox appears within seconds]

I found that in IE11 the messages when posted to the shoutbox just don't appear, if you REFRESH using the "recirculate" icon at the top of the IE browser they then appear but this applies to all messages in IE11 not just your own, did anybody else use IE11 to test this please? :D

BTW great great permission system in place there, allows you to choose who views it, who posts, who is allowed to use BBcode etc, very impressive indeed!!
travel

Post by travel »

Can't wait to see next steps (->delete function).
I like Ajax Shoutbox, it's simple and easy to use.
Paul

Post by Paul »

noth wrote:
I found that in IE11 the messages when posted to the shoutbox just don't appear, if you REFRESH using the "recirculate" icon at the top of the IE browser they then appear but this applies to all messages in IE11 not just your own, did anybody else use IE11 to test this please? :D
The cause was not IE11, but wrong cookie settings at my board in combination with a missing SID in some form. It should work now fine at my demo board.
mrgtb

Post by mrgtb »

I spotted a problem with this other day downloading it and installing. You changed the delete error message to a pop upbox. But when I was logging out forum and trying to log back in again. At times that same Error box was being displayed (while still logging me in). Think it shows up when logging out as well.
Sshadow
Name: Chris C.

Post by Sshadow »

mrgtb wrote:I spotted a problem with this other day downloading it and installing. You changed the delete error message to a pop upbox. But when I was logging out forum and trying to log back in again. At times that same Error box was being displayed (while still logging me in). Think it shows up when logging out as well.
Pretty sure he has covered that by saying
Paul wrote:Don't use the development release. The delete function is still in development and not working yet.
mrgtb

Post by mrgtb »

I know the delete function doesn't work, did you read what I actually said?

I have been following the mod and installed it before the change was made with delete button now showing an error "pop-up box" instead of showing an "error page" like before with a path name displayed on it. I'm simply pointing out in-case he's unaware of this with latest changes made. That the error pop-up box is also getting shown at times when you login or logout forum.
travel

Post by travel »

Paul,
any new activities in Ajax Shoutbox? ;)
Paul

Post by Paul »

What kind of activities do you expect?
travel

Post by travel »

- Ajax ShoutBox in official [3.1.x] Extension Database Releases?
- Delete function without errors?

Return to “Extensions in Development”