[CDB]Ajax Shoutbox

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
warex

Re: [RC]Ajax Shoutbox

Post by warex » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:27 am

you can fix this ?, thanks.

Style: Modern-silver

viewtopic.php?f=476&t=2281531

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:32 am

I only support prosilver. You will need to modify the css yourself to make it work in other styles.
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development

warex

Post by warex » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:57 pm

ok.

bttan

Post by bttan » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:36 pm

Enable guest to post is not working. Pls check

Paul

Post by Paul » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:37 pm

bttan wrote:Enable guest to post is not working. Pls check
It is not supported.
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

bttan

Post by bttan » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:50 pm

Tks for the reply.

Hope u can consider to add an option for guest to shout in future.

peteetongman

Post by peteetongman » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:05 pm

Thanks very very much for the hard work, but when I enable the extension I get this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'RuntimeException' with message 'Unable to create the cache directory (./cache/twig//8f/da).' in /home/content/61/11294661/html/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php:1206 Stack trace: #0 /home/content/61/11294661/html/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(323): Twig_Environment->writeCacheFile('./cache/twig//8...', '<?php??/* overa...') #1 /home/content/61/11294661/html/phpbb/template/twig/environment.php(151): Twig_Environment->loadTemplate('overall_footer....', NULL) #2 /home/content/61/11294661/html/cache/twig/91/9b/b3f07583619e7efbb187a71f572d.php(316): phpbb\template\twig\environment->loadTemplate('overall_footer....') #3 /home/content/61/11294661/html/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Template.php(264): __TwigTemplate_919bb3f07583619e7efbb187a71f572d->doDisplay(Array, Array) #4 /home/content/61/11294661/html/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Template.php(238): Twig_Template->displayWithErrorHandling(Array, Array) #5 /home/content/61/11294661/html/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(299) in /home/content/61/11294661/html/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Template.php on line 279

GoBieN

Post by GoBieN » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:11 pm

You need to set write access on the cache directory and all folders beneath it.

peteetongman

Post by peteetongman » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:36 am

GoBieN wrote:You need to set write access on the cache directory and all folders beneath it.
thanks very much

what should the settings be?

****edit i figured out that it was Group Permissions / Misc tab

Another
Name: Andrea

Re: [DEV]Ajax Shoutbox

Post by Another » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:44 am

Paul wrote:Paul
@Paul in the next release there will be the EDIT and QUOTE button?

Thanks and sorry for my english.

mrgtb

Post by mrgtb » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:40 pm

Had a problem with this yesterday testing it. After installing I went into my profile settings to change hide my onlne status to show it, and it wouldn't save the page. Not sure if this mod was linked with that happening, but when removing the mod afterwards I was able to save my profile page for that setting

mrgtb

Post by mrgtb » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:53 am

You should really put the shoutbox below navbar instead. When you allow guests to view shoutbox and login and password boxes gets displayed above shoutbox to them. There is no spacing between those login boxes and shoutbox. As can be seen on your own forum running it displayed to guests.

Also, what about the guest permissions not working allowing them to use shoutbox. I see permissions are there for guests to set doing it but don't work in having any effect. So it makes no sense having guest permissions listed that don't even work when you set them. Why not simply have no guest permissions used at all in that case, better than having them there doing nothing apart from allowing them to view shoutbox

noth

Post by noth » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:35 pm

it just looks like the guests need to log in to the shoutbox, who cares?

The basic shoutbox works great for multiple members all at the same time :P tried and tested!

I don't know why people say it's not the same as mchat? just what is the difference? it doesn't display avatars? it's a working chat machine :mrgreen: and aside from a couple of known issues that we can cope with, this is a great asset for any 3.1 board

When it gets validated it will be perfect and I am looking forward to that :D

Paul

Post by Paul » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:41 am

mrgtb wrote:You should really put the shoutbox below navbar instead. When you allow guests to view shoutbox and login and password boxes gets displayed above shoutbox to them. There is no spacing between those login boxes and shoutbox. As can be seen on your own forum running it displayed to guests.

Also, what about the guest permissions not working allowing them to use shoutbox. I see permissions are there for guests to set doing it but don't work in having any effect. So it makes no sense having guest permissions listed that don't even work when you set them. Why not simply have no guest permissions used at all in that case, better than having them there doing nothing apart from allowing them to view shoutbox
Posting is simply not supported for guests. However, phpBB simply doesn't support not displaying a specific permission for a user, so there is not much I can do about that.
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

Another
Name: Andrea

Post by Another » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:30 am

Paul wrote: Also, what about the guest permissions not working allowing them to use shoutbox. I see permissions are there for guests to set doing it but don't work in having any effect. So it makes no sense having guest permissions listed that don't even work when you set them. Why not simply have no guest permissions used at all in that case, better than having them there doing nothing apart from allowing them to view shoutbox
Posting is simply not supported for guests. However, phpBB simply doesn't support not displaying a specific permission for a user, so there is not much I can do about that.[/quote]

@Paul in the next release there will be the EDIT and QUOTE button?

Return to “Extensions in Development”