Page 21 of 85

Re: [DEV] phpBB Gallery

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:51 pm
by leschek
Lucifer4o on 24 Dec 2014 wrote:While the site was down, I did some work:
....
Just added the little trick to disable all Add-ons on disabling the core.
...
I would like to ask if would be possible to do something similar for enabling. I mean if user accidentally enable some of the add-ons first he/she will get error.

Re: [BETA] phpBB Gallery

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:00 pm
by Satanasov
Give me few minutes.

Re: [BETA] phpBB Gallery

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:16 pm
by Satanasov
leschek wrote:
Lucifer4o on 24 Dec 2014 wrote:While the site was down, I did some work:
....
Just added the little trick to disable all Add-ons on disabling the core.
...
I would like to ask if would be possible to do something similar for enabling. I mean if user accidentally enable some of the add-ons first he/she will get error.
leschek wrote:
Lucifer4o on 24 Dec 2014 wrote:While the site was down, I did some work:
....
Just added the little trick to disable all Add-ons on disabling the core.
...
I would like to ask if would be possible to do something similar for enabling. I mean if user accidentally enable some of the add-ons first he/she will get error.
Done

Re: [BETA] phpBB Gallery

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:33 pm
by leschek
Thank you.
Should I (and probably others) report also smaller issues with gallery now? For example there are some missing variables in language files etc.

Re: [BETA] phpBB Gallery

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:37 pm
by Satanasov
leschek wrote:Thank you.
Should I (and probably others) report also smaller issues with gallery now? For example there are some missing variables in language files etc.
Sure - go for it. All reports are welcomed while I create tests.

Re: [BETA] phpBB Gallery

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:20 pm
by leschek
OK. It seems that some language variables are (I wouldn't say hardcoded) loaded only from English language file. I'm trying to translate gallery_notification.php and the language strings (in notification settings) are not updated even if I upload the files on server. I can see translated strings only if I replace original English language file with my non English translation (so it mean that I use Czech language, but it read language strings from English language file). This is not everywhere, just in notification and link on phpBB header to Gallery (file info_acp_gallery.php)

in language file gallery_notification.php:

Code: Select all

'NOTIFICATION_PHPBBGALLERY_IMAGE_FOR_APPROVAL'	=> '%2$s uploaded images for approval in album <strong>%1$s</strong>',
I think this should be also singular (in case that user uploaded only one image). I didn't check it, but I guess it apply for these string too:

'NOTIFICATION_PHPBBGALLERY_IMAGE_APPROVED' => 'Images in album <strong>%1$s</strong> were approved',

'NOTIFICATION_PHPBBGALLERY_NEW_IMAGE' => 'New images were uploaded to album <strong>%1$s</strong>',

I think the following string:

'NOTIFICATION_TYPE_PHPBBGALLERY_NEW_COMMENT' => 'New comments',

should be more descriptive, because users will not know that it means comments in Gallery. I think it should be something like: 'NOTIFICATION_TYPE_PHPBBGALLERY_NEW_COMMENT' => 'Someone send new comments to Gallery',

While speaking about notification - it would be nice if it is divided into categories. For example Images waiting for approval and New image report should be in "Moderation Notifications".

Re: [BETA] phpBB Gallery

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:16 pm
by Satanasov
I don't have the language issues - all languages are loaded from the files ... have you tried clearing the cache?

Oh this ... I use plural because user may have loaded few images at once ...

If this bugs you so much - I can work on it. If not - I can make it wait 1.2.1

Re: [BETA] phpBB Gallery

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:08 pm
by Bernd R.
I`d install the gallery version 1.2.0 on a 3.1.3 board. Most things work, I see all images and albums from my 3.0.13 board. But if I enter the board and now klick click the gallery link I will see a white page: Fatal error: Class 'phpbb_gallery' not found in /www/htdocs/***/****/testforum/gallery/index.php on line 20 and the adress-line of the browswer shows http://www.xxx.net/testforum/gallery/ instead of http://www.xxx.net/testforum/app.php/gallery. If I visit a forum first and use the gallery-link now, it works correctely. Any idea what to do?

Re: [BETA] phpBB Gallery

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:16 pm
by Satanasov
There is bug report in JIRA for this issue. It is not related to the gallery.

https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/pull/3392

Re: [BETA] phpBB Gallery

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:17 pm
by Bernd R.
Thanks for this quick reply!

Re: [BETA] phpBB Gallery

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:21 pm
by leschek
Lucifer4o wrote:I don't have the language issues - all languages are loaded from the files ... have you tried clearing the cache?
Yes I cleared the cache. I also try to replace the Czech language file gallery_notifications.php with Bulgarian and it still shows notification settings in English even if I change language to Czech (it suppose to be in Bulgarian).

Is possible to download somewhere Bulgarian pack for phpBB 3.1 (I didn't find it among language packs here on phpBB.com)? I can try to install it and see. Maybe there is some issue with my Czech language pack.
Lucifer4o wrote:Oh this ... I use plural because user may have loaded few images at once ...

If this bugs you so much - I can work on it.
No. It's just small thing, it doesn't need to be changed.

Re: [BETA] phpBB Gallery

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:26 pm
by Satanasov
leschek wrote:
Lucifer4o wrote:I don't have the language issues - all languages are loaded from the files ... have you tried clearing the cache?
Yes I cleared the cache. I also try to replace the Czech language file gallery_notifications.php with Bulgarian and it still shows notification settings in English even if I change language to Czech (it suppose to be in Bulgarian).

Is possible to download somewhere Bulgarian pack for phpBB 3.1 (I didn't find it among language packs here on phpBB.com)? I can try to install it and see. Maybe there is some issue with my Czech language pack.
Lucifer4o wrote:Oh this ... I use plural because user may have loaded few images at once ...

If this bugs you so much - I can work on it.
No. It's just small thing, it doesn't need to be changed.
There is no Bulgarian yet.

You could try copying EN as Chez (this is how I do it on my test board).

Re: [BETA] phpBB Gallery

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:29 pm
by leschek
Lucifer4o wrote:You could try copying EN as Chez (this is how I do it on my test board).
What is Chez?

Re: [BETA] phpBB Gallery

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:31 pm
by Satanasov
leschek wrote:
Lucifer4o wrote:You could try copying EN as Chez (this is how I do it on my test board).
What is Chez?
Czech language

I am really sorry. It was unintentional mistake (I know how much I upset about making mistake with my country so I apologize)

Re: [BETA] phpBB Gallery

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:11 pm
by leschek
Oh. It's not a problem at all. I don't care much about such things. I thought you used some term I don't know and didn't think it could be misspelling.

Now to the issue. Not sure if we understand each other. Here is what I have:
  • I'm using as phpBB language my own translation (cs_alt). So far I didn't have any problem with it and other extensions I translated to it.
  • I translated gallery and have in gallery language folder cs_alt with the translation. There is not problem with my gallery translation in ACP and on gallery page (except a few missing variables).
  • Problem I have discovered so far is with link in header file info_acp_gallery.php where I have line
    'GALLERY' => 'Galerie',
    but it shows "Gallery" (it's loaded from English language file). Interesting thing is that strings in ACP are loaded from this file correctly.
    And I have the same issue also on notification settings page. I set language of board to cs_alt. I translated partially file gallery_notifications, but when I look into notification settings it shows me English lines that I translated (rest of gallery is OK as I mentioned above). I thought it can be problem with my translation, so I replace original English language file with mine and now I can see the lines I translated (on notification settings page), but they are loaded from English language files and not cs_alt, because I didn't change board language (it still is cs_alt).
I can upload my language files (for board and gallery) somewhere if you want to try it yourself.