[RC] phpBB Gallery

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
jjoosterbaan

Re: [BETA] phpBB Gallery

Post by jjoosterbaan »

What kind of information do you need ?

After i did a first install, i got the same message. I made some albums, because i was learning the extension, i deleted after wards all albums, also the private albums and wanted to start over with building albums. I got the same error. After that i complete deleted the extension, activated again, after that the error was gone. So far i understand now are there no problems with other members than the one who reported me the error. He could make his persoanl album. I can see it, but het gets the error.
BB1955

Post by BB1955 »

Lucifer4o wrote:
BB1955 wrote:Enabled all the exts starting with phpBB Gallery.

I still have to old Gallery in the DB

Went to ACP > Extensions > PHP Gallery > Overview (to check if everything is OK) and I get the following:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Are you sure you have all modules from the old version removed?
No, I'll check it again and get back to you.

Thank you...

BB
BB1955

Post by BB1955 »

BB1955 wrote:
Lucifer4o wrote:

Went to ACP > Extensions > PHP Gallery > Overview (to check if everything is OK) and I get the following:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Thank you...

BB
I removed gallery and I still had utc_Gallery module in UCP. I remove them and all the "children":. Reloaded Gallery, and the same thing. I removed it again.

This was a great feature for our forum, but I guess something happened when I updated to 3.1.x

I'm not very impressed with 3.1.x upgrade at all.

BB
Kinsman

Post by Kinsman »

Highly recommend you run the modission script in this thread right after updating, before installing ANY extensions.

It will find most 3.0 problems left behind.

viewtopic.php?t=2301871&f=466
Wardormeur

Post by Wardormeur »

BB1955 wrote:
BB1955 wrote:
Lucifer4o wrote:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Thank you...

BB
I removed gallery and I still had utc_Gallery module in UCP. I remove them and all the "children":. Reloaded Gallery, and the same thing. I removed it again.

This was a great feature for our forum, but I guess something happened when I updated to 3.1.x

I'm not very impressed with 3.1.x upgrade at all.

BB
May i remind you it's still a beta? That's for a specific reason that he's working on tests.
FYI, there is 2 kind of things you must look after : 1) the extension (that give you the classes to execute the code & w/e) , 2) the modules that are loaded, to display the options & etc .
ALas, the old extension doesn't deactivate the old modules (at least, it didn't on my install), so you have to manually delete them from the extensions page, by going to the "System" tab> Module Management>Admin Panel>Extensions & do the dirty work.
GoBieN

Post by GoBieN »

Or you could do as I did, before upgrading to 3.1
I removed all the files (backup first ofc) uploaded clean 3.0 files, then used the STK to cleanup the database and remove all non standard tables and fields. After that my forum was completely stock again. No modules, no tables in DB left behind.
I did the upgrade to 3.1 flawlessly. Of course you then have to start from scratch with the phpBB Gallery.
BB1955

Post by BB1955 »

I wish I had done the above (or knew it).

This is a test forum, and I have a large and very active forum I I have never touched yet (3.0.14).

Problem is now on the small test forum is, I'm already upgraded to 3.1.2. Can I remove my Extension I have on it and then run "modission script:, or am I too late?

At least I'm learning on the test forum what to do and not to do.

I'd like to be able to keep the old Gallery photos if I can.

Even If I just post them in a thread or something, and not sure how to figure out what is what as it changes the images names when it files them.

BB
Satanasov
Name: Stanislav Atanasov

Post by Satanasov »

BB1955 wrote:I wish I had done the above (or knew it).

This is a test forum, and I have a large and very active forum I I have never touched yet (3.0.14).

Problem is now on the small test forum is, I'm already upgraded to 3.1.2. Can I remove my Extension I have on it and then run "modission script:, or am I too late?

At least I'm learning on the test forum what to do and not to do.

I'd like to be able to keep the old Gallery photos if I can.

Even If I just post them in a thread or something, and not sure how to figure out what is what as it changes the images names when it files them.

BB
Please go manualy trough your admin panel and remove all modules. This is how I did it. You will have to go from section to section one by one and remove every module manualy ...

OK. I told you few months back that I will not make Upgrade script ... When I'm OK with the tests I will do a small script to clean all old phpBB Gallery modules from the db. I will have to do some tests and checks, but I will do something for you.
For list of all my extensions go to https://github.com/satanasov
If you want custom functions in some of my products - PM me and we will discuss it.
elawrenc

Post by elawrenc »

That would be great or, at least, a list of the gallery rows in the modules table that aren't needed.

I suppose I could uninstall the mod (which would delete the new gallery entries in the modules table) and then any rows pertaining to the gallery that are left over should be deleted. Does that sound right?
Satanasov

Post by Satanasov »

elawrenc wrote:That would be great or, at least, a list of the gallery rows in the modules table that aren't needed.

I suppose I could uninstall the mod (which would delete the new gallery entries in the modules table) and then any rows pertaining to the gallery that are left over should be deleted. Does that sound right?
Give me time until tomorrow - I've got a bakup of the DB ...

If you have working backup, could you test something for me. Just execute thefollowing SQL commands:

DELETE FROM phpbb_modules WHERE base_module LIKE '%gallery%';
DELETE FROM phpbb_modules WHERE module_langnameLIKE '%GALLERY%';

Then install ...
If you want custom functions in some of my products - PM me and we will discuss it.
scoub29

Post by scoub29 »

Lucifer4o wrote:
scoub29 wrote:Hello Lucifer4o ;)

I think, there is a little bug in the recents-comment
The mini picture don't work on the right of comment :
A small screenshot for explaining ( with firefox debug ) :

I think app.php is missing before /gallery/ path of the "mini" picture.

Best regards,

Johann
I will take a look when I'm back from uni. But I'm almost sure I've used route there(it should work).
Yes, i don't know why i have this problem. I have uninstall/resinstall phpbbgallery, clear the cache, but i have always this bug
ejenner

Post by ejenner »

Just an idea. Would it be possible to run the original gallery from your 3.0.x board alongside the new 3.1.x forum?

So you don't migrate from 3.0.x to 3.1.x but run both together so your legacy gallery continues to function in the background and new images are added to the new database?
Satanasov

Post by Satanasov »

ejenner wrote:Just an idea. Would it be possible to run the original gallery from your 3.0.x board alongside the new 3.1.x forum?

So you don't migrate from 3.0.x to 3.1.x but run both together so your legacy gallery continues to function in the background and new images are added to the new database?
Easy answer - No.

Long answer - the old and the new gallery use same DB structure but diferent files. More over - you can't make 3.0.x modification work with 3.1 core ... you can but this means a lot of moding to the core ...
Satanasov

Post by Satanasov »

Hello all.

I'm not dead. Just a heads up - I've added the EPV (Extension Pre-Validation) - this are the tests that are passed on extension upload. When this is fixed - I will submit the extension it EDB (extension DB) and will wait for validation (while going on with the big list of 1.2.1 optimizations).

See ya.
Kinsman

Post by Kinsman »

Great news, thanks for the continuing work. :mrgreen:

Return to “Extensions in Development”