[RC] phpBB Gallery

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Nikola
Name: Nikola

Re: [BETA] phpBB Gallery

Post by Nikola »

well. this is what i am installing: http://prntscr.com/7oig5f
Everything what was provided in the main post.
"What would happen if the autism gene was eliminated from the genetic pool?

You would have a bunch of people standing around in a cave, chatting and socializing and not getting anything done."

- Dr. Temple Grandin, A Personal Look at Autism and Asperger's Syndrome.
Satanasov
Name: Stanislav Atanasov

Post by Satanasov »

So all this folders should reside in phpbbrootpath/ext/phpbbgallery ...
For list of all my extensions go to https://github.com/satanasov
If you want custom functions in some of my products - PM me and we will discuss it.
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

Lucifer4o wrote:So all this folders should reside in phpbbrootpath/ext/phpbbgallery ...
and that is where they are. See; http://prntscr.com/7onebf

You would have a bunch of people standing around in a cave, chatting and socializing and not getting anything done."

Satanasov

Post by Satanasov »

NikolaCR wrote:
Lucifer4o wrote:So all this folders should reside in phpbbrootpath/ext/phpbbgallery ...
No no no no ... Have you read the install instruction?

$phpbb_roo_path/ext/phpgallery/

There you should have folloing folders:

acpcleanup
acpimport
core
exif
tests
travis
.travis.yml
README.md
README.old.md
phpunit.xml.dist
If you want custom functions in some of my products - PM me and we will discuss it.
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

Lucifer4o wrote:
NikolaCR wrote:
No no no no ... Have you read the install instruction?

$phpbb_roo_path/ext/phpgallery/

There you should have folloing folders:

acpcleanup
acpimport
core
exif
tests
travis
.travis.yml
README.md
README.old.md
phpunit.xml.dist
I did all this: http://prntscr.com/7onmqp
Like I do every other ext.

Fast_Eddie
Name: Ed

Post by Fast_Eddie »

Hello, and THANK YOU for taking up this all time phpbb mod / extension! I have it enabled and seems to be working ok. I am having problems with permissions. Admin level's seem to be working fine. But any other groups can only use the private album function. They can not see or add to any public content. I have gone over and over the permissions and just can't work it out. I did see early on in topic that this was a issue. So is it me or the extension ?
This is installed on a fresh install of phpbb 3.1.5
NOT getting any error's just no access for users. Just me the admin can see it. And like member: GoBieN I have permissions for users set to:
You can view images in this album
You can upload new images in this album
You can edit your images in this album
You can delete your images in this album
You can post comments to images in this album
You can rate images in this album
Oh and I read and followed the install instructions and the directory tree is correct.

I really like this ext. and hoping I can get users access to it! Any ideas? please? :)

EDIT: Think I got it working now after i went and added permissions to all groups!
Last edited by Fast_Eddie on Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jammy Johnny
Name: John

Post by Jammy Johnny »

Installed and working great. Thanks ;)
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

Thanks Lucifer4o, it all worked out.

Satanasov

Post by Satanasov »

It apears that EXT Uploader is not doing so well with the whole "package" thig ... so either zip each folder separatly or use other methods to upload.
Satanasov

Post by Satanasov »

I just got the googleanalytics_id notice ... I will fix it in few days.
Smithgb

Post by Smithgb »

must say i like this extension...very much
but i would like to say several bad problems i came on so far.

1. under image you view space for 1 comment is insane huge like half of page...why nto simply put name of person who comment, time and others without avatar and using post profile field? i mean i had to disable to commenting because people told me its so confusing and so large just to post few words...somezjing like xxx X 80 for each comment would be more than enough...currenttly not practical with post page and avatars and whole pafe of only 10 word small comment.

2. i have problems creating with new albuns. i create new category called my pics and under that category i criated 4 albums. When i click on "my pics" category i dont see any album but i have them 4 there? i have all permission set for me but still not see those 4 albuns in 1 category.

3. I was surprised that there is no "slide-show". looks really weird when you have to click back button..go out of gallery and again isntead of simply pressing left and right and X if you want to close it...but at least some sort of magnifier for image not opening new page...

4. Under image i put i can see direct link and bbcode it says [img]1[/img] and i dont knopw how to remove it and it looks very weird.

5. when you iopen some image and use "back" button in browser it gives error image cannot be displayed because it contains errors but only shjows on back button...

- that is my experience so far but must say im really happy with this extension generally. i will look for more if update for these problems comes...so far i had to disable comments because they are way of. Keep it up, looks very promising. i hope you will update this...this has potential.
Satanasov

Post by Satanasov »

Smithgb wrote:must say i like this extension...very much
but i would like to say several bad problems i came on so far.

1. under image you view space for 1 comment is insane huge like half of page...why nto simply put name of person who comment, time and others without avatar and using post profile field? i mean i had to disable to commenting because people told me its so confusing and so large just to post few words...somezjing like xxx X 80 for each comment would be more than enough...currenttly not practical with post page and avatars and whole pafe of only 10 word small comment.

2. i have problems creating with new albuns. i create new category called my pics and under that category i criated 4 albums. When i click on "my pics" category i dont see any album but i have them 4 there? i have all permission set for me but still not see those 4 albuns in 1 category.

3. I was surprised that there is no "slide-show". looks really weird when you have to click back button..go out of gallery and again isntead of simply pressing left and right and X if you want to close it...but at least some sort of magnifier for image not opening new page...

4. Under image i put i can see direct link and bbcode it says [img]1[/img] and i dont knopw how to remove it and it looks very weird.

5. when you iopen some image and use "back" button in browser it gives error image cannot be displayed because it contains errors but only shjows on back button...

- that is my experience so far but must say im really happy with this extension generally. i will look for more if update for these problems comes...so far i had to disable comments because they are way of. Keep it up, looks very promising. i hope you will update this...this has potential.

Hello,

Let me start answering your concerns one by one:

1. You could be right about the coment field, but this is something that is left from the original code. I have stated a lot of times that the initial relese will be only migration to 3.1.x ... I will reduce normal comment field to the size of quick comment in the board, but this will have to wait after the validation submission.

2. You are the second one to report the category debocle ... but I don't see it. Never the less testing for it just found new bug - if you have more then one category, the second and so on will be displayed as albums ... which is strange and I will correct it.

3. Slide show will be added in 1.2.1

4. ACP -> gallery configuration -> Image configuration -> show image url on imagepage (I think this is how it is translated on english).

5. I don't see the back button issue (just can't reproduce it)
Smithgb

Post by Smithgb »

Lucifer4o wrote: Hello,

Let me start answering your concerns one by one:

1. You could be right about the coment field, but this is something that is left from the original code. I have stated a lot of times that the initial relese will be only migration to 3.1.x ... I will reduce normal comment field to the size of quick comment in the board, but this will have to wait after the validation submission.

2. You are the second one to report the category debocle ... but I don't see it. Never the less testing for it just found new bug - if you have more then one category, the second and so on will be displayed as albums ... which is strange and I will correct it.

3. Slide show will be added in 1.2.1

4. ACP -> gallery configuration -> Image configuration -> show image url on imagepage (I think this is how it is translated on english).

5. I don't see the back button issue (just can't reproduce it)
hey thanks lucifero.

1. thanks for fixing the comments....its really weird..
2. well i dont know lucifero. i criated new catefory and 4 albums in it. when i click on that category i cant see anything i only see name of category and keep clicking on it all over...like a loop but no album there...
3.thank you
4. got it thanks-
5. it is when you open some image and open it on full view...when doing that press back button in your browser- ot gives me error there.

and thanks so much for considering this. very nice work but i do agree that needs some foundamental fixing. thanks once again. happy to test it!
elawrenc

Post by elawrenc »

I'm getting this error when I try to access the Configure Gallery module.

I originally unistalled the Gallery, deleted all entries to the old Gallery from the database (In reference to our earlier conversation) re-installed and started adding the modules back. They did not load automatically on their own.

General Error
No mode specified.

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/ext/phpbbgallery/core/acp/config_module.php
LINE: 27
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 674
CALL: phpbbgallery\core\acp\config_module->main()

FILE: [ROOT]/adm/index.php
LINE: 81
CALL: p_master->load_active()
Howy

Post by Howy »

It is good to use!! thanks

Return to “Extensions in Development”