[RC] phpBB Gallery

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
cpg-at-work

Re: [BETA] phpBB Gallery

Post by cpg-at-work » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:43 am

Hallo,

what file calls
Uncaught exception 'Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Exception\InvalidArgumentException' with message 'The service definition "notification.type.phpbbgallery_new_comment" does not exist.'
Regards
cpg

Satanasov
Name: Stanislav Atanasov

Post by Satanasov » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:31 am

cpg-at-work wrote:Hallo,

what file calls
Uncaught exception 'Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Exception\InvalidArgumentException' with message 'The service definition "notification.type.phpbbgallery_new_comment" does not exist.'
Regards
cpg
You will need to go inside your database using phpMyAdmin or some other tool and delete the pesky notification ... or you can reactivate the the gallery extension and make the admin clear it by itself and then reactivate it ... somethnig got stuck ...
For list of all my extensions go to https://github.com/satanasov
If you want custom functions in some of my products - PM me and we will discuss it.

cpg-at-work

Post by cpg-at-work » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:31 pm

Hallo,

my forum is repaired and ok now. Thank you for your replies!
I try it later to install the gallery; maybe I have than more luck.

Regards
cpg

Satanasov

Post by Satanasov » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:20 am

Just found ... resource issue, that I will have find a way to fix (probably offloading it to user side) - it appears that if you upload an image larger then max width or height the gallery should resize it ... which is cool ...

But here comes the issue - if uploaded image width + max width or image height + max height is more then 8648 px the PHP script will try to allocate more then 128MB of RAM (this is the default value for my server and I presume most of the servers).

So be advised that if on upload the upload breaks while resizing - you have to up you RAM limit.
If you want custom functions in some of my products - PM me and we will discuss it.

Kinsman

Post by Kinsman » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:55 am

128Mb is quite generous for PHP (but also what i use on my test box). My Cpanel Host is more typical and uses the following.

memory_limit 64M
upload_max_filesize Maximum allowed size for uploaded files. 24M

it might be better if a warning to the uploader was generated at (X)Mb with X being adjustable thru ACP if thats feasible.

Different strokes for different hosts and all that.

Satanasov

Post by Satanasov » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:07 am

It appears it is not related to the file size, but to the size of the image in pixels. I tried wit different images. I have tested it only on the given earlier parameters.

I have to test with different options ...

petereeles

Post by petereeles » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:06 pm

I appreciate all of the hard work that has gone into this extension, Satanasov, and, like you, consider it a critical part of my website. In fact, I'm surprised this gallery is not part of the core phpBB release.

Now that the 3.0 branch is end of life (viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2302466) is it at all possible to give an indication of when we're likely to see this extension released? I'm getting concerned that I'm falling further and further behind keeping my board up to date (not just getting to the 3.1 branch, but there's also talk of 3.2 and 4.0). I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I appreciate the effort that has gone into this and do let me know how I can help move it along. If the answer is "testing" then let me know.

Cheers,

- Pete

Satanasov

Post by Satanasov » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:15 pm

petereeles wrote:I appreciate all of the hard work that has gone into this extension, Satanasov, and, like you, consider it a critical part of my website. In fact, I'm surprised this gallery is not part of the core phpBB release.

Now that the 3.0 branch is end of life (viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2302466) is it at all possible to give an indication of when we're likely to see this extension released? I'm getting concerned that I'm falling further and further behind keeping my board up to date (not just getting to the 3.1 branch, but there's also talk of 3.2 and 4.0). I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I appreciate the effort that has gone into this and do let me know how I can help move it along. If the answer is "testing" then let me know.

Cheers,

- Pete
Testing is all that is needed. Last bug fix commit was 8 days ago, this means that in 6 days if nobody reports any bug that version 1.2.0 is ready for submission to EDB.

As per 3.2 and 4.0 ... I hope I will be ready to migrate ASAP. I think there aren't going to be a lot of changes related to the extension function, but add of php7 support and some core optimizations in 3.2 ... I will really want to see PHP7 support (I read great things for the speed and memory usage).

On a offtopic (just don't want to post one more post for no particular reason):

The task list for 1.2.1 just reached 47 tasks ...

petereeles

Post by petereeles » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:17 pm

Excellent news - and thanks. I'll get to testing in the next few days and will report back.

Cheers,

- Pete

Satanasov

Post by Satanasov » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:30 am

So, hopefully, I will make PR to the repo that will fix the travis tests. This push will be almost test related, but there are few small optimizations of the code (very small). Don't be afraid - this will not reset the 14 days (from which there are 5 left) no bugs period before I start preparing it for EDB.

Fast_Eddie
Name: Ed

Post by Fast_Eddie » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:20 am

Gallery on mobile phone

I was wondering if anyone has had issues with gallery not displaying images on a smart phone?
It was pointed out to me yesterday it's not working when viewed with a smart / cell phone, so i checked it out myself and sure enough all I am seeing is the default no image icon where there should be a image.

EDIT: Gallery is working on cell phone on my other board, so would it be a setting I am missing? I don't think its a permission issue as you can see images when on a computer

Satanasov

Post by Satanasov » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:42 pm

Fast_Eddie wrote:Gallery on mobile phone

I was wondering if anyone has had issues with gallery not displaying images on a smart phone?
It was pointed out to me yesterday it's not working when viewed with a smart / cell phone, so i checked it out myself and sure enough all I am seeing is the default no image icon where there should be a image.

EDIT: Gallery is working on cell phone on my other board, so would it be a setting I am missing? I don't think its a permission issue as you can see images when on a computer
I'm seeing images on mobile. If you send me a link to your board I can review the issue.

matej268

Post by matej268 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:52 pm

Hello,

I've a problem with the extension that I am trying to solve...

I also use phpBB SEO URL extension, so I added the following line to .htaccess:
RewriteRule ^gallery /app.php/gallery [NC,L]
- after accessing mydomain.com/gallery I get a 500 error.

I can access the gallery by typing mydomain.com/app.php/gallery, but then all of the images and urls don't work - because the invalid URL/SRC.
Here are some examples:
  • href="gallery/album/464" -> mydomain.com/app.php/gallery/gallery/album/464
  • src="gallery/image/5478/mini" -> mydomain.com/app.php/gallery/album/gallery/image/5478/mini
I hope somebody can help. Thank you in advance!

Satanasov

Post by Satanasov » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:07 pm

matej268 wrote:Hello,

I've a problem with the extension that I am trying to solve...

I also use phpBB SEO URL extension, so I added the following line to .htaccess:
RewriteRule ^gallery /app.php/gallery [NC,L]
- after accessing mydomain.com/gallery I get a 500 error.

I can access the gallery by typing mydomain.com/app.php/gallery, but then all of the images and urls don't work - because the invalid URL/SRC.
Here are some examples:
  • href="gallery/album/464" -> mydomain.com/app.php/gallery/gallery/album/464
  • src="gallery/image/5478/mini" -> mydomain.com/app.php/gallery/album/gallery/image/5478/mini
I hope somebody can help. Thank you in advance!
I think you should use the internel rewrite engine ...

matej268

Post by matej268 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:17 pm

Satanasov wrote:I think you should use the internel rewrite engine ...
Thank you for your answer. I use SEO URL to rewrite forums and topics. Aren't these two (phpBB Gallery and SEO URL) compatible?

Return to “Extensions in Development”