[RC] phpBB Gallery

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Satanasov
Name: Stanislav Atanasov

Re: [BETA] phpBB Gallery

Post by Satanasov » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:17 am

Siava wrote:Satanasov, you make great work, thank you!

I found one....
When search in album (/gallery/search) using username field (search by author) getting SQL-error.
Please provide a screenshot.

Last day ... deamn it!
For list of all my extensions go to https://github.com/satanasov
If you want custom functions in some of my products - PM me and we will discuss it.

Satanasov

Post by Satanasov » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:39 am

Siava wrote:Satanasov, you make great work, thank you!

I found one....
When search in album (/gallery/search) using username field (search by author) getting SQL-error.
Please update!

Reseting the "Bug Timer" ...
If you want custom functions in some of my products - PM me and we will discuss it.

herewego

Post by herewego » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:19 am

Ok, I can confirm the error.

Satanasov

Post by Satanasov » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:31 am

herewego wrote:Ok, I can confirm the error.

Please update. I did fix it 3 hours ago.

herewego

Post by herewego » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:14 pm

ah sorry, thought you mind update screenshot.:(

worked for me the fix. :)
thanks for the fast fix!

petereeles

Post by petereeles » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:37 pm

Satanasov wrote:Reseting the "Bug Timer" ...
What?! Despite this particular bug, the gallery looks good to release to me. No software is bug-free (I work in the software industry and know this to be the case) so it seems strange that all bugs are considered show-stoppers. Is there a definition of severity applied, or are all bugs considered equal?

I would have thought that the 3.0 branch being end-of-life far outweighs the fact that there's an SQL error on searching.

Cheers,

- Pete

Satanasov

Post by Satanasov » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:03 pm

petereeles wrote:
Satanasov wrote:Reseting the "Bug Timer" ...
What?! Despite this particular bug, the gallery looks good to release to me. No software is bug-free (I work in the software industry and know this to be the case) so it seems strange that all bugs are considered show-stoppers. Is there a definition of severity applied, or are all bugs considered equal?

I would have thought that the 3.0 branch being end-of-life far outweighs the fact that there's an SQL error on searching.

Cheers,

- Pete
I am not a software developer. Just want everything to work. Not all bugs are equal - small things like the front end (CSS and HTML stuff) are not important (for me), but all core based stuff like the SQL error are for me.

The EOL is away for the moment. The gallery will be out before that ...

If you think 14 days a re way to much time - let's make it 7. This way everybody can test and report new things ... and I will have time to work on the coverage of the code.

petereeles

Post by petereeles » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:06 pm

It's your call, Satanasov! I was just trying to ease the pressure on you! I really appreciate what you've done - very impressive. I feel a lot more confident now that I've made a test upgrade from 3.0.12 and incorporated the new gallery!

I'm not a developer (any more) but do appreciate that, in IT, "perfection" is the enemy of "good enough" :)

Cheers,

- Pete

Satanasov

Post by Satanasov » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:17 pm

This code is way away from perfection. There are so much "hacked" in stuff that I shiver thinking of this project ... It's working on magic ... or LAN cable and Scotch tape (as we say in my part of the world).

I'm using the gallery for about 7 months on live board with over 5000 photos with few added each day ... so I can say it's solid enough ... but I can't think of it as software product ... I wasn't even going consider it for EDB if it wasn't for you guys.

All this sh*t with the time with no bugs is just ... I don't know ... my own way to be sure that the code is good enough ...

Siava

Post by Siava » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:17 pm

Satanasov wrote:I'm using the gallery for about 7 months on live board with over 5000 photos with few added each day ...
I have 18657 photos in 223 albums...
Have you seen how many sql-queries on main album page?
Time: 0.395s | Queries: 659 | Peak Memory Usage: 8.96 МБ
This only from recent photos. Last comments disabled, because time of load album main page becomes more than 1-2sec..

Satanasov

Post by Satanasov » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:15 pm

Siava wrote:
Satanasov wrote:I'm using the gallery for about 7 months on live board with over 5000 photos with few added each day ...
I have 18657 photos in 223 albums...
Have you seen how many sql-queries on main album page?
Time: 0.395s | Queries: 659 | Peak Memory Usage: 8.96 МБ
This only from recent photos. Last comments disabled, because time of load album main page becomes more than 1-2sec..

You want to know the best part - I have almost the same amount ... I will need to optimize this sh*t a lot ... 650 + queries ... what the hell have I been thinking?

Siava

Post by Siava » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:04 pm

Now search by author is ok!
But where no pagination in search results.

Fast_Eddie
Name: Ed

Post by Fast_Eddie » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:33 pm

Images gone over night

I'm hoping someone can help with this. I had gallery working good. Set for use with personal albums only. All permissions working good. 27 total images. Everything was displaying as expected. Now over night with NO changes made to anything It seems permissions have gone haywire. No images is displayed to anyone. I have triple checked the permissions ( custom group permissions also) I think all images are still there.

Code: Select all

/files/phpgallery/core/source

I think I read somewhere images are stored ext/phpgallery/albums/users
If this is the case then all images are gone, as i have no /users folder. It seems gallery thinks the images are there as all stats are still there. Like views, comments, ratings....etc. It's just displaying the default no image icon

any ideas?

Satanasov

Post by Satanasov » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:11 pm

Siava wrote:Now search by author is ok!
But where no pagination in search results.
No paggination?

I will dig in to this.

Satanasov

Post by Satanasov » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:14 pm

Fast_Eddie wrote:Images gone over night

I'm hoping someone can help with this. I had gallery working good. Set for use with personal albums only. All permissions working good. 27 total images. Everything was displaying as expected. Now over night with NO changes made to anything It seems permissions have gone haywire. No images is displayed to anyone. I have triple checked the permissions ( custom group permissions also) I think all images are still there.

Code: Select all

/files/phpgallery/core/source

I think I read somewhere images are stored ext/phpgallery/albums/users
If this is the case then all images are gone, as i have no /users folder. It seems gallery thinks the images are there as all stats are still there. Like views, comments, ratings....etc. It's just displaying the default no image icon

any ideas?
Image files are located at $phpbb_root_path/files/phpbbgallery/core/source

Please view your images table if by some reason the images are marked as missing.

Return to “Extensions in Development”