[3.1][3.2][BETA] ReIMG Image Resizer

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Shaneee

Re: [DEV] ReIMG Image Resizer

Post by Shaneee » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:29 pm

Hi. Not bugging just wondering if there is an update on this?

Thanks

Solidjeuh
Name: Andy Dm

Post by Solidjeuh » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:12 am

Same question.. I use 'lightbox' at the moment
But the attachment are not being re-sized with that extension.

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :lol:
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

trilobyte550m

Post by trilobyte550m » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:36 am

I'm interested, too

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Re: [ALPHA] ReIMG Image Resizer

Post by DavidIQ » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:13 am

Alpha 1 release just published (finally!). See first post for download link. Might be a very rough first alpha release so the more bugs reported the better the final product will be.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

sakm
Name: Stu

Post by sakm » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:44 am

looking forward to trying this although I will wait for RC!

This used to work so much better than the rest in 3.0

supanet

Post by supanet » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:47 am

Awesome will test it later today. 8-)

Darloup
Name: Henry

Post by Darloup » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:07 am

Hello,

At long last, the extension that I've been waiting for for months! ;)

I wonder what are the optimal settings for a forum like mine where I regularly publish fairly large images.

The perfect example is this post: http://www.darloup.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6906 (the second image). Now, the second image is 980 pix wide x 1553 pix high.

I've set ReIMG as follows:

Are those the optimal settings for what I'm trying to achieve?

I have five zooming options:

1) Normal link

When I click on the image, it opens up (scaled down) in the same window. If I click again on the image, it is indeed enlarged and I can scroll down to view the bottom of the image (remember it has a height of 1553 pix).

2) New window

Actually, the same thing happens as with 1) with the change that it opens (scaled down) in a new window. If I click again on the image, it is indeed enlarged and I can scroll down to view the bottom of the image.

3) Image Lightbox

That's the worst option. The image opens up in a fixed lightbox-like window. If I click on the magnifying glass, the fixed windows doesn't expand and, in order to view the original image, I have thus to scroll both horizontally and vertically - not very user-friendly.

4) Colorbox

Here again, absolutely the same as with 1) since it opens in the same window.

5) Magnific Popup

Again, the same results as 1) and 4) since it opens in the same window.

In conclusion:

1), 4) and 5) do the same thing.
2) is the same as 1), 4) and 5) except that it opens in a new window.
3) is the least friendly option.

I hope these helps!

Regards,

Henry

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:25 am

Darloup wrote: In conclusion:

1), 4) and 5) do the same thing.
2) is the same as 1), 4) and 5) except that it opens in a new window.
3) is the least friendly option.

I hope these helps!

Regards,

Henry
I don't think I mentioned it but only the lightbox option works at the moment and I believe it works exactly as it did in the MOD version where if one wanted to zoom in it would enlarge within the confines of the lightbox. Can't really enlarge the image to its full size any other way that I can think of, unless you have a different/better idea.

I did change code to enable the other two plugins on my local Dev copy but haven't committed those changes yet since I haven't looked at how both plugins behave by default. However they will behave much in the same manner as the one that works now but with different effects, unless there is some other suggestion on zooming in to the actual image size.

3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:44 am

DavidIQ wrote:I don't think I mentioned it but only the lightbox option works at the moment
You did. In the Topic starter.
DavidIQ wrote:IMPORTANT: Currently only the imglightbox plugin is working. The rest will soon come.
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
👨‍🏫 | Take a tour to | The Studio | 👨‍🏫

Darloup

Post by Darloup » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:58 am

Hello David,

Well, you're doing a fantastic job with this extension, and I'm certainly not going to complain - quite the opposite in fact, I do wish you all the best!
I don't think I mentioned it but only the lightbox option works at the moment and I believe it works exactly as it did in the MOD version where if one wanted to zoom in it would enlarge within the confines of the lightbox.
I never used the MOD version as, under phpBB 3.0.x, the images zoomed perfectly if you clicked on them. Unfortunately, you can't do that under phpBB 3.1.x.

The confines of the lightbox (option 3) are much too restrictive for large images. If you visited the address I posted http://www.darloup.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6906, you'll see that the second image simply doesn't show well within the confines of the lightbox which are far too small for my image (and one has therefore to scroll both horizontally and vertically to see the original image).

This is why I liked your option 2)... It opens the (scaled down) image in a new window, then you can click on it to see it in its original size. This is a short-cut to right-click on the mouse which not every user knows.

Ideally, it'd be nice to have a zoom option that when, you click on an image in the forum, it automatically opens (in a new window or not) with its original sizes. In other words, it would save having to click twice on an image in order to see it in its original size.

Take care!

Henry

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:02 am

Darloup wrote: I never used the MOD version as, under phpBB 3.0.x, the images zoomed perfectly if you clicked on them. Unfortunately, you can't do that under phpBB 3.1.x.
That must have been a MOD because 3.0 didn't do that out of the box at all, unless you mean actual attachments.
Darloup wrote:Ideally, it'd be nice to have a zoom option that when, you click on an image in the forum, it automatically opens (in a new window or not) with its original sizes. In other words, it would save having to click twice on an image in order to see it in its original size.

Take care!

Henry
Hmmm...ok so maybe I can add an option for that. Default is to zoom in within the box and another zoom option would be to open in a new window. Does that sound like it would be what you'd expect?

koraldon

Post by koraldon » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:09 am

Hi,
What image quality is used for the resize?
I know that WordPress done a "research" and selected 82 :). https://make.wordpress.org/core/2016/03 ... press-4-5/

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:13 am

koraldon wrote:Hi,
What image quality is used for the resize?
I know that WordPress done a "research" and selected 82 :). https://make.wordpress.org/core/2016/03 ... press-4-5/
None. This is resizing done on the client side (browser) via JavaScript. Attachment resizing for display of a thumbnail on the page is done by the phpBB core.

koraldon

Post by koraldon » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:42 am

Do you have some data about file size after resize? i.e. if I take a 1600x1200 image and resize to 800x600 what is the final file size?

Darloup

Post by Darloup » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:37 am

Hello,
DavidIQ wrote:
Darloup wrote: I never used the MOD version as, under phpBB 3.0.x, the images zoomed perfectly if you clicked on them. Unfortunately, you can't do that under phpBB 3.1.x.
That must have been a MOD because 3.0 didn't do that out of the box at all, unless you mean actual attachments.
To be honest, I don't remember!
Darloup wrote:Ideally, it'd be nice to have a zoom option that when, you click on an image in the forum, it automatically opens (in a new window or not) with its original sizes. In other words, it would save having to click twice on an image in order to see it in its original size.

Take care!

Henry
Hmmm...ok so maybe I can add an option for that. Default is to zoom in within the box and another zoom option would be to open in a new window. Does that sound like it would be what you'd expect?
I think that the "zoom option to open in a new window" would do the same thing as option 2, no? I mean, it would open in a new window and, if the window were too small to show the original image, you'd still have to click again to expand it, no?

Check the second image in this thread of my forum http://www.darloup.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6910#p6910

When you click on it, it shows perfectly in a new window although it's fairly large (1600 x 898). But then my screen resolution is 1920 x 1080.

One suggestion if I may: the little magnifying glass icon at the top-left corner of a zoomable image can be easily missed. I would definitely make it bigger and of a different, bright color to show that you can expand the image.

Anyway, this extension is great!

Regards,

Henry

Return to “Extensions in Development”