[3.3][BETA] ReIMG Image Resizer

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Re: [ALPHA] ReIMG Image Resizer

Post by DavidIQ »

Darloup wrote:I think that the "zoom option to open in a new window" would do the same thing as option 2, no? I mean, it would open in a new window and, if the window were too small to show the original image, you'd still have to click again to expand it, no?
Not exactly, no. Using lightbox you would have the carousel of all images that you can scroll through. The "open in new window" option takes you away from the page and then you have to close the new window to get back.
Darloup wrote:Check the second image in this thread of my forum http://www.darloup.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6910#p6910

When you click on it, it shows perfectly in a new window although it's fairly large (1600 x 898). But then my screen resolution is 1920 x 1080.
I don't know what I'm supposed to see here. The size of an image presented by itself within the browser is controlled by the browser itself. If the browser detects that an image can be enlarged within the confines of its window you will have some way of zooming in provided by the browser (magnifying glass, plus symbol, something else). This extension does nothing to change that as that is a browser function.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
Darloup
Name: Henry

Post by Darloup »

Hello David,
DavidIQ wrote:
Darloup wrote:I think that the "zoom option to open in a new window" would do the same thing as option 2, no? I mean, it would open in a new window and, if the window were too small to show the original image, you'd still have to click again to expand it, no?
Not exactly, no. Using lightbox you would have the carousel of all images that you can scroll through. The "open in new window" option takes you away from the page and then you have to close the new window to get back.
Fair enough!
Darloup wrote:Check the second image in this thread of my forum http://www.darloup.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6910#p6910

When you click on it, it shows perfectly in a new window although it's fairly large (1600 x 898). But then my screen resolution is 1920 x 1080.
DavidIQ wrote:If the browser detects that an image can be enlarged within the confines of its window you will have some way of zooming in provided by the browser (magnifying glass, plus symbol, something else). This extension does nothing to change that as that is a browser function.
Argh, so the magnifying glass isn't part of your extension?! My mistake then!

Regards,

Henry
shortmort37
Name: Dan Morton

Post by shortmort37 »

DavidIQ wrote:I don't think I mentioned it but only the lightbox option works at the moment and I believe it works exactly as it did in the MOD version where if one wanted to zoom in it would enlarge within the confines of the lightbox. Can't really enlarge the image to its full size any other way that I can think of, unless you have a different/better idea.

I did change code to enable the other two plugins [Colorbox and Magnific Popup] on my local Dev copy but haven't committed those changes yet since I haven't looked at how both plugins behave by default. However they will behave much in the same manner as the one that works now but with different effects, unless there is some other suggestion on zooming in to the actual image size.
David, when you enable Magnific Popup - will you enable content types besides images? On my forum, I permit the posting of mp4's - it would be great to be able to arrow through the content of a post without excluding video, and MP permits you to mix content types.

Thanks
Dan
DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

shortmort37 wrote:David, when you enable Magnific Popup - will you enable content types besides images? On my forum, I permit the posting of mp4's - it would be great to be able to arrow through the content of a post without excluding video, and MP permits you to mix content types.

Thanks
Dan
I don't see why not. Could just be a setting for MP. Could you maybe add that to the issues list so I can take a look at some point? Thanks. :geek:
shortmort37
Name: Dan Morton

Post by shortmort37 »

Done!

Thank you for considering, David.

Dan
Bruce Banner

Post by Bruce Banner »

Hi. I just installed this extension but I have no options for setting the maximum dimensions.

My only options are normalize landscape/portrait, resize signature images, apply to image attachments, zooming link, zooming method, and apply to all posted images. Where are the options for maximum width and height?
DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

Bruce Banner wrote:Hi. I just installed this extension but I have no options for setting the maximum dimensions.

My only options are normalize landscape/portrait, resize signature images, apply to image attachments, zooming link, zooming method, and apply to all posted images. Where are the options for maximum width and height?
Because prosilver in phpBB 3.1 and pretty much all related styles already resize inline posted images there was no need to have those settings.
Bruce Banner

Post by Bruce Banner »

DavidIQ wrote:
Bruce Banner wrote:Hi. I just installed this extension but I have no options for setting the maximum dimensions.

Because prosilver in phpBB 3.1 and pretty much all related styles already resize inline posted images there was no need to have those settings.
Ah, OK. Well do you know what code I have to change if I want images to be displayed at a certain width?

EDIT: It's OK. I've figured it out now. I wanted images to display no wider than 750px. Here's what I had to do.

Download styles/prosilver/theme/content.css

Then I had to change the following code from that file,

Code: Select all

.postbody img.postimage {
	max-width: 100%;
	-webkit-box-sizing: border-box;
	-moz-box-sizing: border-box;
	box-sizing: border-box;
}
to this,

Code: Select all

.postbody img.postimage {
	max-width: 750px;
	-webkit-box-sizing: border-box;
	-moz-box-sizing: border-box;
	box-sizing: border-box;
}
Then I reuploaded content.css, purged the board's cache, went back to the thread where I'd posted the image, hit Ctrl+F5 (hard refresh), and the image (that's really 1,950px wide) was resized to 750px wide. For some reason, when I then clicked on the image that didn't do anything. It was as if I'd disabled your extension. So I went back to the extension's configuration, resubmitted the settings I wanted, went back to the thread, edited out the image, then reedited it back in again, and this time, the extension worked perfectly. Thanks again.
Last edited by Bruce Banner on Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

Bruce Banner wrote:Ah, OK. Well do you know what code I have to change if I want images to be displayed at a certain width?
I believe it's this line:
https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/blob/3.1 ... t.css#L277
Bruce Banner

Post by Bruce Banner »

DavidIQ wrote:
Bruce Banner wrote:Ah, OK. Well do you know what code I have to change if I want images to be displayed at a certain width?
I believe it's this line:
https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/blob/3.1 ... t.css#L277
Thanks. That is the one. See above edit. Apparently, that one line works for signatures too. Or perhaps the combination of that line and your extension is what caused the image I tested in my signature to resize perfectly to 750px wide. Anyway, thanks again.
Geepers
Name: Glenn

Post by Geepers »

OK, pardon my ignorance with this....and most things php :D
However, can I use this with phpbb 3.1.9 now, and will it resize and save some server space.
Is anyone using it on their forum and does it work OK from a users stand point?
DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

Geepers wrote:OK, pardon my ignorance with this....and most things php :D
However, can I use this with phpbb 3.1.9 now, and will it resize and save some server space.
Is anyone using it on their forum and does it work OK from a users stand point?
You can use this extension in 3.1.9 but this does nothing to uploaded images to save you space. This is resizing on the client (browser) side.
Geepers

Post by Geepers »

DavidIQ wrote: You can use this extension in 3.1.9 but this does nothing to uploaded images to save you space. This is resizing on the client (browser) side.
Bugger. :D
I wasn't sure whether it would or not. Thanks.
Galixte de EzCom
Name: Raphaël M.

Post by Galixte de EzCom »

Hi,
Geepers wrote:
DavidIQ wrote: You can use this extension in 3.1.9 but this does nothing to uploaded images to save you space. This is resizing on the client (browser) side.
Bugger. :D
I wasn't sure whether it would or not. Thanks.
For the uploaded image files, use this option in ACP => “Attachment settings”:
Maximum image dimensions:
Maximum size of image attachments. Set both values to 0px by 0px to disable dimension checking.
This will reduce the dimensions of the images files uploaded by the attachment system. I think, only, the futher images uploaded will be reduced.
Communau EzCom
📖 « Traductions d’extensions & styles pour phpBB 3.2.x & 3.3.x ».
📋 Lists of all extensions identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.
📋 Lists of all styles identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.
Image Tu as un forum et tu veux aussi un site web ? Regarde par ici.
Geepers

Post by Geepers »

Galixte de EzCom wrote:
For the uploaded image files, use this option in ACP => “Attachment settings”:
Maximum image dimensions:
Maximum size of image attachments. Set both values to 0px by 0px to disable dimension checking.
This will reduce the dimensions of the images files uploaded by the attachment system. I think, only, the futher images uploaded will be reduced.
Yes, but doesn't this raise the old chestnut of the user having to then resize large file images before posting? :D
I'm using the VSE Lightbox Extension at present to control the displayed image size.
How does this (ReIMG) Extension differ from the VSE one then....if it resizes before upload why isn't the stored image file size smaller? or is it only changing the displayed size not file size.
Having trouble getting my head around this :D
All I know is that Users don't like using Photbucket and it's permeation's, or having to reduce their file size before posting.

Return to “Extensions in Development”