[3.2][BETA] Custom Code

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
User avatar
martti
Registered User
Posts: 749
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:23 am
Location: Belgium

Re: [RC] Custom Code

Post by martti » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:31 pm

tony kiteboarder wrote:Hi

I totally missed this and upgraded from 3.5 to 3.8 without disabling the extension, I tried deleting it, but obviously that dosen't work.

I'm now getting the following error as I deleted the file

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/class_loader.php on line 160: require(./ext/marttiphpbb/customcode/event/listener.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/class_loader.php on line 160: require(./ext/marttiphpbb/customcode/event/listener.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
If I put it back in and get a bunch of different errors related to its incompatibility with 3.8

Am I right in thinking that I can use one of the workarounds for the extension, put the files back in and my board will start working again?

Many Thanks

Tony
The only way to disable extensions is by the ACP, not by deleting the files!
If you have put back the files of the extension. Then delete only the styles directory of the extension. And then delete the files in your cache directory of the forum. Then you can reach the ACP again in order to disable and delete the data of the extension. After this you can remove the files of the extension.
Then see how you can use the workaround as mentioned in the previous post.

tony kiteboarder
Registered User
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:37 am

Re: [RC] Custom Code

Post by tony kiteboarder » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:01 pm

Hi

I put the folder back in and deleted the styles folder
Emptied all files, except index.hm and .htaccess from the cache (I read that these had to be left there) also the Twig folder is still there
Now getting a blank page?

Many Thanks

Tony

User avatar
Solidjeuh
Registered User
Posts: 522
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:20 pm
Location: Aalst / Belgium
Name: Andy Dm
Contact:

Re: [RC] Custom Code

Post by Solidjeuh » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:05 pm

You needed to disable the extension, NOT delete your style folder.. :?
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

User avatar
martti
Registered User
Posts: 749
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:23 am
Location: Belgium

Re: [RC] Custom Code

Post by martti » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:07 pm

tony kiteboarder wrote:Hi

I put the folder back in and deleted the styles folder
Emptied all files, except index.hm and .htaccess from the cache (I read that these had to be left there) also the Twig folder is still there
Now getting a blank page?

Many Thanks

Tony
Especially the twig folder needs to be deleted or emptied.

User avatar
martti
Registered User
Posts: 749
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:23 am
Location: Belgium

Re: [RC] Custom Code

Post by martti » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:13 pm

Solidjeuh wrote:You needed to disable the extension, NOT delete your style folder.. :?
It's about the styles folder of the extension not the main styles folder. The extension needs to be present to disable it in the ACP, but the styles folder (of the extension) produces errors from phpBB 3.1.6 on. If you did not disable this extension before phpBB 3.1.6, you can suppress the errors by deleting the styles folder of the extension. That way you can get to the ACP and still disable the extension. After that the files of the extension can be removed entirely.

tony kiteboarder
Registered User
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:37 am

Re: [RC] Custom Code

Post by tony kiteboarder » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:14 pm

I'm using FileZilla and keep deleting the twin folder and its contents but tis still there and each time I delete it, I can open it and see several folders with either a letter or number as a name

Tony

User avatar
martti
Registered User
Posts: 749
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:23 am
Location: Belgium

Re: [RC] Custom Code

Post by martti » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:19 pm

tony kiteboarder wrote:I'm using FileZilla and keep deleting the twin folder and its contents but tis still there and each time I delete it, I can open it and see several folders with either a letter or number as a name

Tony
That's ok. If you have removed the styles folder of the extension the forum is working again, isn't it? You can now disable (+ delete data) the extension.

tony kiteboarder
Registered User
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:37 am

Re: [RC] Custom Code

Post by tony kiteboarder » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:19 pm

martti wrote:
Solidjeuh wrote:You needed to disable the extension, NOT delete your style folder.. :?
It's about the styles folder of the extension not the main styles folder. The extension needs to be present to disable it in the ACP, but the styles folder (of the extension) produces errors from phpBB 3.1.6 on. If you did not disable this extension before phpBB 3.1.6, you can suppress the errors by deleting the styles folder of the extension. That way you can get to the ACP and still disable the extension. After that the files of the extension can be removed entirely.

That is the folder I deleted.
So, I backed up my ext, files, images folders and config file before putting all the 3.1.8 files in, except for three files I saved and the config.php. I ran the database update. Ive now put the custom code folder back in and deleted the styles folder from it
Deleted all cache files, but twig won't go
Now still getting a blank screen

Many Thanks
Tony

User avatar
martti
Registered User
Posts: 749
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:23 am
Location: Belgium

Re: [RC] Custom Code

Post by martti » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:25 pm

tony kiteboarder wrote:

That is the folder I deleted.
So, I backed up my ext, files, images folders and config file before putting all the 3.1.8 files in, except for three files I saved and the config.php. I ran the database update. Ive now put the custom code folder back in and deleted the styles folder from it
Deleted all cache files, but twig won't go
Now still getting a blank screen

Many Thanks
Tony
And what's the error message you get in the logs?

tony kiteboarder
Registered User
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:37 am

Re: [RC] Custom Code

Post by tony kiteboarder » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:33 pm

I just downloaded the log file and just looks like lines and lines of logged "Bot" visits

Many Thanks

Tony

User avatar
martti
Registered User
Posts: 749
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:23 am
Location: Belgium

Re: [RC] Custom Code

Post by martti » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:35 pm

tony kiteboarder wrote:I just downloaded the log file and just looks like lines and lines of logged "Bot" visits

Many Thanks

Tony
But you're getting a blank page, so you must have an error.

tony kiteboarder
Registered User
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:37 am

Re: [RC] Custom Code

Post by tony kiteboarder » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:40 pm

OK, so I refreshed the page several times after 16:38 so I could create entries in the log file


Many Thanks

Tony
Last edited by tony kiteboarder on Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tony kiteboarder
Registered User
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:37 am

Re: [RC] Custom Code

Post by tony kiteboarder » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:51 pm

Oops, thats the access log!

tony kiteboarder
Registered User
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:37 am

Re: [RC] Custom Code

Post by tony kiteboarder » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:55 pm

Error log this time
>getCacheKey('@marttiphpbb_cu...')\n#3 /var/www/vhosts/kiteboarder.co.uk/httpdocs/kitesurfing/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(324): Twig_Environment->getTemplateClass('@marttiphpbb_cu...', NULL)\n#4 /var/www/vhosts/kiteboarder.co.uk/httpdoc in /var/www/vhosts/kiteboarder.co.uk/httpdocs/kitesurfing/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php on line 195
[Mon Feb 29 16:53:39 2016] [error] [client 86.151.172.250] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Twig_Error_Loader' with message 'Unable to find template "@marttiphpbb_customcode/event/overall_header_head_append.html" (looked into: ) in "overall_header.html" at line 63.' in /var/www/vhosts/kiteboarder.co.uk/httpdocs/kitesurfing/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php:195\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/vhosts/kiteboarder.co.uk/httpdocs/kitesurfing/phpbb/template/twig/loader.php(107): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->findTemplate('@marttiphpbb_cu...')\n#1 /var/www/vhosts/kiteboarder.co.uk/httpdocs/kitesurfing/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php(138): phpbb\\template\\twig\\loader->findTemplate('@marttiphpbb_cu...')\n#2 /var/www/vhosts/kiteboarder.co.uk/httpdocs/kitesurfing/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(266): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->getCacheKey('@marttiphpbb_cu...')\n#3 /var/www/vhosts/kiteboarder.co.uk/httpdocs/kitesurfing/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(324): Twig_Environment->getTemplateClass('@marttiphpbb_cu...', NULL)\n#4 /var/www/vhosts/kiteboarder.co.uk/httpdoc in /var/www/vhosts/kiteboarder.co.uk/httpdocs/kitesurfing/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php on line 195
[Mon Feb 29 16:53:41 2016] [error] [client 66.249.64.161] PHP Warning: date_default_timezone_get(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'GMT/0.0/no DST' instead in /var/www/vhosts/kiteboarder.co.uk/httpdocs/revive/www/delivery/asyncspc.php on line 173, referer: http://www.kiteboarder.co.uk/kitesurfin ... 07&t=40028
[Mon Feb 29 16:53:44 2016] [error] [client 136.243.36.97] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Twig_Error_Loader' with message 'Unable to find template "@marttiphpbb_customcode/event/overall_header_head_append.html" (looked into: ) in "overall_header.html" at line 63.' in /var/www/vhosts/kiteboarder.co.uk/httpdocs/kitesurfing/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php:195\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/vhosts/kiteboarder.co.uk/httpdocs/kitesurfing/phpbb/template/twig/loader.php(107): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->findTemplate('@marttiphpbb_cu...')\n#1 /var/www/vhosts/kiteboarder.co.uk/httpdocs/kitesurfing/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php(138): phpbb\\template\\twig\\loader->findTemplate('@marttiphpbb_cu...')\n#2 /var/www/vhosts/kiteboarder.co.uk/httpdocs/kitesurfing/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(266): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->getCacheKey('@marttiphpbb_cu...')\n#3 /var/www/vhosts/kiteboarder.co.uk/httpdocs/kitesurfing/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(324): Twig_Environment->getTemplateClass('@marttiphpbb_cu...', NULL)\n#4 /var/www/vhosts/kiteboarder.co.uk/httpdoc in /var/www/vhosts/kiteboarder.co.uk/httpdocs/kitesurfing/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php on line 195

User avatar
martti
Registered User
Posts: 749
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:23 am
Location: Belgium

Re: [RC] Custom Code

Post by martti » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:59 pm

tony kiteboarder wrote:Error log this time
>getCacheKey('@marttiphpbb_cu...')\n#3 /var/www/vhosts/kiteboarder.co.uk/httpdocs/kitesurfing/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(324): Twig_Environment->getTemplateClass('@marttiphpbb_cu...', NULL)\n#4 /var/www/vhosts/kiteboarder.co.uk/httpdoc in /var/www/vhosts/kiteboarder.co.uk/httpdocs/kitesurfing/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php on line 195
[Mon Feb 29 16:53:39 2016] [error] [client 86.151.172.250] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Twig_Error_Loader' with message 'Unable to find template "@marttiphpbb_customcode/event/overall_header_head_append.html" (looked into: ) in "overall_header.html" at line 63.' in /var/www/vhosts/kiteboarder.co.uk/httpdocs/kitesurfing/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php:195\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/vhosts/kiteboarder.co.uk/httpdocs/kitesurfing/phpbb/template/twig/loader.php(107): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->findTemplate('@marttiphpbb_cu...')\n#1 /var/www/vhosts/kiteboarder.co.uk/httpdocs/kitesurfing/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php(138): phpbb\\template\\twig\\loader->findTemplate('@marttiphpbb_cu...')\n#2 /var/www/vhosts/kiteboarder.co.uk/httpdocs/kitesurfing/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(266): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->getCacheKey('@marttiphpbb_cu...')\n#3 /var/www/vhosts/kiteboarder.co.uk/httpdocs/kitesurfing/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(324): Twig_Environment->getTemplateClass('@marttiphpbb_cu...', NULL)\n#4 /var/www/vhosts/kiteboarder.co.uk/httpdoc in /var/www/vhosts/kiteboarder.co.uk/httpdocs/kitesurfing/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php on line 195
[Mon Feb 29 16:53:41 2016] [error] [client 66.249.64.161] PHP Warning: date_default_timezone_get(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'GMT/0.0/no DST' instead in /var/www/vhosts/kiteboarder.co.uk/httpdocs/revive/www/delivery/asyncspc.php on line 173, referer: http://www.kiteboarder.co.uk/kitesurfin ... 07&t=40028
[Mon Feb 29 16:53:44 2016] [error] [client 136.243.36.97] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Twig_Error_Loader' with message 'Unable to find template "@marttiphpbb_customcode/event/overall_header_head_append.html" (looked into: ) in "overall_header.html" at line 63.' in /var/www/vhosts/kiteboarder.co.uk/httpdocs/kitesurfing/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php:195\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/vhosts/kiteboarder.co.uk/httpdocs/kitesurfing/phpbb/template/twig/loader.php(107): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->findTemplate('@marttiphpbb_cu...')\n#1 /var/www/vhosts/kiteboarder.co.uk/httpdocs/kitesurfing/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php(138): phpbb\\template\\twig\\loader->findTemplate('@marttiphpbb_cu...')\n#2 /var/www/vhosts/kiteboarder.co.uk/httpdocs/kitesurfing/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(266): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->getCacheKey('@marttiphpbb_cu...')\n#3 /var/www/vhosts/kiteboarder.co.uk/httpdocs/kitesurfing/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(324): Twig_Environment->getTemplateClass('@marttiphpbb_cu...', NULL)\n#4 /var/www/vhosts/kiteboarder.co.uk/httpdoc in /var/www/vhosts/kiteboarder.co.uk/httpdocs/kitesurfing/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php on line 195
And if you delete the twig folder inside the cache folder again?

Post Reply

Return to “Extensions in Development”