[3.3][BETA] Custom Code

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
martti

Re: [ALPHA] Custom Code

Post by martti »

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Twig_Error_Loader' with message 'Unable to find template
Did you disable the extension during before upgrade?

The procedure should be
  • disable extension
  • delete contents of the ext/marttiphp/customcode directory
  • put the files of the new version in the ext/marttiphpbb/customcode directory
  • enable extension
First try: purge the cache. (or delete the contents of the /cache folder )
And also, the language variable 'ACP_CUSTOMCODE_CREATE_DELETE' is absent
The mode changed from create_delete to files and the corresponding menu language variable became ACP_CUSTOMCODE_FILES.
Walther

Post by Walther »

- I disabled the plugin
- deleted the contents of ext/marttiphpbb/customcode
- uploaded new content
- enabled the plugin

After that, also empty the cache couple of time after I noticed the undefined variable.

Uploads where done with filezilla ftp client and phpBB version is 3.1.2

edit:

tried it again, now with even purging the cache before uploading new files AND purging it after disabling and enabling again, the situation remain the same
martti

Post by martti »

Most probably after disabling you have to delete the data also (Because the mode changed from create_delete to files). But backup the /store/customcode folder first.
Walther

Post by Walther »

Yes, that did the trick.
Had to purge the cache too in order to get the main site showing the included parts, as expected.

* ISSUE SOLVED *
Last edited by Walther on Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leschek

Post by leschek »

Just a small thing. Seems like word event is translatable, so I would like to ask if you can add to language file line for (E).
martti

Post by martti »

leschek wrote:Just a small thing. Seems like word event is translatable, so I would like to ask if you can add to language file line for (E).
Ok, that's a good idea. I've updated. The language key is ACP_CUSTOMCODE_EVENT_FILE_INDICATOR at the end of the file.
leschek

Post by leschek »

Thank you

EDIT: on ACP - Extensions - Custom Code - Edit is drop down menu and there are still hard coded (E)s.
lws96

Re: [BETA] Custom Code

Post by lws96 »

I was trying to follow the tutorial for the custom header. In the file overall_header_stylesheets_after.html if I put any plain text it saves just fine (though does not display). IF I put HTML like in the example off the first page, I then get:

Code: Select all

Forbidden

You do not have permission to access this document.
I am still trying to figure out where to edit a sidebar. phpBB3 doesn't seem to have an action for it.
marcovo
Name: Marco

Post by marcovo »

martti wrote:
Sippan wrote:Thanks its just what i mean... is it possible to have this like an option in the extension?
Use the editor to put any conditional statements. you can use them without problem in the files. Wrap your content into IF and ENDIF:

<!-- IF [condition_variable] -->

Content here

<!-- ENDIF -->
For a future version, it might probably be a nice idea to include a list of template variables that are set by phpBB (a list of the most useful ones, all of them would be overkill...) for easy reference?
Walther

Post by Walther »

lws96 wrote:...
if I put any plain text it saves just fine (though does not display).
Make sure the path to the image is correct.
Also, different styles might use different names for the headerbar image.

A sidebar event would be nice indeed, but i think that goes beyond the purpose of this extension and asks for a different extension, example a layout extension :idea:
marcovo wrote:For a future version, it might probably be a nice idea to include a list of template variables that are set by phpBB (a list of the most useful ones, all of them would be overkill...) for easy reference?
Love the idea, although Martti collected examples in the second posting of this thread. Might be easier to keep that posting updated ?
martti

Post by martti »

marcovo wrote:For a future version, it might probably be a nice idea to include a list of template variables that are set by phpBB (a list of the most useful ones, all of them would be overkill...) for easy reference?
Walther wrote:Love the idea, although Martti collected examples in the second posting of this thread. Might be easier to keep that posting updated ?
I also feel it's better to put a reference in the second post of this topic.

To start, here's a list of the common template variables from include/functions.php from line 4964. (They are available in any page.)

// The following assigns all _common_ variables that may be used at any point in a template.
	$template->assign_vars(array(
		'SITENAME'						=> $config['sitename'],
		'SITE_DESCRIPTION'				=> $config['site_desc'],
		'PAGE_TITLE'					=> $page_title,
		'SCRIPT_NAME'					=> str_replace('.' . $phpEx, '', $user->page['page_name']),
		'LAST_VISIT_DATE'				=> sprintf($user->lang['YOU_LAST_VISIT'], $s_last_visit),
		'LAST_VISIT_YOU'				=> $s_last_visit,
		'CURRENT_TIME'					=> sprintf($user->lang['CURRENT_TIME'], $user->format_date(time(), false, true)),
		'TOTAL_USERS_ONLINE'			=> $l_online_users,
		'LOGGED_IN_USER_LIST'			=> $online_userlist,
		'RECORD_USERS'					=> $l_online_record,

'PRIVATE_MESSAGE_COUNT'			=> (!empty($user->data['user_unread_privmsg'])) ? $user->data['user_unread_privmsg'] : 0,
		'CURRENT_USER_AVATAR'			=> phpbb_get_user_avatar($user->data),
		'CURRENT_USERNAME_SIMPLE'		=> get_username_string('no_profile', $user->data['user_id'], $user->data['username'], $user->data['user_colour']),
		'CURRENT_USERNAME_FULL'			=> get_username_string('full', $user->data['user_id'], $user->data['username'], $user->data['user_colour']),
		'UNREAD_NOTIFICATIONS_COUNT'	=> ($notifications !== false) ? $notifications['unread_count'] : '',
		'NOTIFICATIONS_COUNT'			=> ($notifications !== false) ? $notifications['unread_count'] : '',
		'U_VIEW_ALL_NOTIFICATIONS'		=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}ucp.$phpEx", 'i=ucp_notifications'),
		'U_MARK_ALL_NOTIFICATIONS'		=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}ucp.$phpEx", 'i=ucp_notifications&mode=notification_list&mark=all&token=' . $notification_mark_hash),
		'U_NOTIFICATION_SETTINGS'		=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}ucp.$phpEx", 'i=ucp_notifications&mode=notification_options'),
		'S_NOTIFICATIONS_DISPLAY'		=> $config['load_notifications'],

'S_USER_NEW_PRIVMSG'			=> $user->data['user_new_privmsg'],
		'S_USER_UNREAD_PRIVMSG'			=> $user->data['user_unread_privmsg'],
		'S_USER_NEW'					=> $user->data['user_new'],

'SID'				=> $SID,
		'_SID'				=> $_SID,
		'SESSION_ID'		=> $user->session_id,
		'ROOT_PATH'			=> $web_path,
		'BOARD_URL'			=> $board_url,

'L_LOGIN_LOGOUT'	=> $l_login_logout,
		'L_INDEX'			=> ($config['board_index_text'] !== '') ? $config['board_index_text'] : $user->lang['FORUM_INDEX'],
		'L_SITE_HOME'		=> ($config['site_home_text'] !== '') ? $config['site_home_text'] : $user->lang['HOME'],
		'L_ONLINE_EXPLAIN'	=> $l_online_time,

'U_PRIVATEMSGS'			=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}ucp.$phpEx", 'i=pm&folder=inbox'),
		'U_RETURN_INBOX'		=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}ucp.$phpEx", 'i=pm&folder=inbox'),
		'U_MEMBERLIST'			=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}memberlist.$phpEx"),
		'U_VIEWONLINE'			=> ($auth->acl_gets('u_viewprofile', 'a_user', 'a_useradd', 'a_userdel')) ? append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}viewonline.$phpEx") : '',
		'U_LOGIN_LOGOUT'		=> $u_login_logout,
		'U_INDEX'				=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}index.$phpEx"),
		'U_SEARCH'				=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}search.$phpEx"),
		'U_SITE_HOME'			=> $config['site_home_url'],
		'U_REGISTER'			=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}ucp.$phpEx", 'mode=register'),
		'U_PROFILE'				=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}ucp.$phpEx"),
		'U_USER_PROFILE'		=> get_username_string('profile', $user->data['user_id'], $user->data['username'], $user->data['user_colour']),
		'U_MODCP'				=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}mcp.$phpEx", false, true, $user->session_id),
		'U_FAQ'					=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}faq.$phpEx"),
		'U_SEARCH_SELF'			=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}search.$phpEx", 'search_id=egosearch'),
		'U_SEARCH_NEW'			=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}search.$phpEx", 'search_id=newposts'),
		'U_SEARCH_UNANSWERED'	=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}search.$phpEx", 'search_id=unanswered'),
		'U_SEARCH_UNREAD'		=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}search.$phpEx", 'search_id=unreadposts'),
		'U_SEARCH_ACTIVE_TOPICS'=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}search.$phpEx", 'search_id=active_topics'),
		'U_DELETE_COOKIES'		=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}ucp.$phpEx", 'mode=delete_cookies'),
		'U_CONTACT_US'			=> ($config['contact_admin_form_enable'] && $config['email_enable']) ? append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}memberlist.$phpEx", 'mode=contactadmin') : '',
		'U_TEAM'				=> ($user->data['user_id'] != ANONYMOUS && !$auth->acl_get('u_viewprofile')) ? '' : append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}memberlist.$phpEx", 'mode=team'),
		'U_TERMS_USE'			=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}ucp.$phpEx", 'mode=terms'),
		'U_PRIVACY'				=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}ucp.$phpEx", 'mode=privacy'),
		'U_RESTORE_PERMISSIONS'	=> ($user->data['user_perm_from'] && $auth->acl_get('a_switchperm')) ? append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}ucp.$phpEx", 'mode=restore_perm') : '',
		'U_FEED'				=> generate_board_url() . "/feed.$phpEx",

'S_USER_LOGGED_IN'		=> ($user->data['user_id'] != ANONYMOUS) ? true : false,
		'S_AUTOLOGIN_ENABLED'	=> ($config['allow_autologin']) ? true : false,
		'S_BOARD_DISABLED'		=> ($config['board_disable']) ? true : false,
		'S_REGISTERED_USER'		=> (!empty($user->data['is_registered'])) ? true : false,
		'S_IS_BOT'				=> (!empty($user->data['is_bot'])) ? true : false,
		'S_USER_LANG'			=> $user_lang,
		'S_USER_BROWSER'		=> (isset($user->data['session_browser'])) ? $user->data['session_browser'] : $user->lang['UNKNOWN_BROWSER'],
		'S_USERNAME'			=> $user->data['username'],
		'S_CONTENT_DIRECTION'	=> $user->lang['DIRECTION'],
		'S_CONTENT_FLOW_BEGIN'	=> ($user->lang['DIRECTION'] == 'ltr') ? 'left' : 'right',
		'S_CONTENT_FLOW_END'	=> ($user->lang['DIRECTION'] == 'ltr') ? 'right' : 'left',
		'S_CONTENT_ENCODING'	=> 'UTF-8',
		'S_TIMEZONE'			=> sprintf($user->lang['ALL_TIMES'], $timezone_offset, $timezone_name),
		'S_DISPLAY_ONLINE_LIST'	=> ($l_online_time) ? 1 : 0,
		'S_DISPLAY_SEARCH'		=> (!$config['load_search']) ? 0 : (isset($auth) ? ($auth->acl_get('u_search') && $auth->acl_getf_global('f_search')) : 1),
		'S_DISPLAY_PM'			=> ($config['allow_privmsg'] && !empty($user->data['is_registered']) && ($auth->acl_get('u_readpm') || $auth->acl_get('u_sendpm'))) ? true : false,
		'S_DISPLAY_MEMBERLIST'	=> (isset($auth)) ? $auth->acl_get('u_viewprofile') : 0,
		'S_NEW_PM'				=> ($s_privmsg_new) ? 1 : 0,
		'S_REGISTER_ENABLED'	=> ($config['require_activation'] != USER_ACTIVATION_DISABLE) ? true : false,
		'S_FORUM_ID'			=> $forum_id,
		'S_TOPIC_ID'			=> $topic_id,

'S_LOGIN_ACTION'		=> ((!defined('ADMIN_START')) ? append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}ucp.$phpEx", 'mode=login') : append_sid("{$phpbb_admin_path}index.$phpEx", false, true, $user->session_id)),
		'S_LOGIN_REDIRECT'		=> build_hidden_fields(array('redirect' => $phpbb_path_helper->remove_web_root_path(build_url()))),

'S_ENABLE_FEEDS'			=> ($config['feed_enable']) ? true : false,
		'S_ENABLE_FEEDS_OVERALL'	=> ($config['feed_overall']) ? true : false,
		'S_ENABLE_FEEDS_FORUMS'		=> ($config['feed_overall_forums']) ? true : false,
		'S_ENABLE_FEEDS_TOPICS'		=> ($config['feed_topics_new']) ? true : false,
		'S_ENABLE_FEEDS_TOPICS_ACTIVE'	=> ($config['feed_topics_active']) ? true : false,
		'S_ENABLE_FEEDS_NEWS'		=> ($s_feed_news) ? true : false,

'S_LOAD_UNREADS'			=> ($config['load_unreads_search'] && ($config['load_anon_lastread'] || $user->data['is_registered'])) ? true : false,

'S_SEARCH_HIDDEN_FIELDS'	=> build_hidden_fields($s_search_hidden_fields),

'T_ASSETS_VERSION'		=> $config['assets_version'],
		'T_ASSETS_PATH'			=> "{$web_path}assets",
		'T_THEME_PATH'			=> "{$web_path}styles/" . rawurlencode($user->style['style_path']) . '/theme',
		'T_TEMPLATE_PATH'		=> "{$web_path}styles/" . rawurlencode($user->style['style_path']) . '/template',
		'T_SUPER_TEMPLATE_PATH'	=> "{$web_path}styles/" . rawurlencode($user->style['style_path']) . '/template',
		'T_IMAGES_PATH'			=> "{$web_path}images/",
		'T_SMILIES_PATH'		=> "{$web_path}{$config['smilies_path']}/",
		'T_AVATAR_PATH'			=> "{$web_path}{$config['avatar_path']}/",
		'T_AVATAR_GALLERY_PATH'	=> "{$web_path}{$config['avatar_gallery_path']}/",
		'T_ICONS_PATH'			=> "{$web_path}{$config['icons_path']}/",
		'T_RANKS_PATH'			=> "{$web_path}{$config['ranks_path']}/",
		'T_UPLOAD_PATH'			=> "{$web_path}{$config['upload_path']}/",
		'T_STYLESHEET_LINK'		=> "{$web_path}styles/" . rawurlencode($user->style['style_path']) . '/theme/stylesheet.css?assets_version=' . $config['assets_version'],
		'T_STYLESHEET_LANG_LINK'    => "{$web_path}styles/" . rawurlencode($user->style['style_path']) . '/theme/' . $user->lang_name . '/stylesheet.css?assets_version=' . $config['assets_version'],
		'T_JQUERY_LINK'			=> !empty($config['allow_cdn']) && !empty($config['load_jquery_url']) ? $config['load_jquery_url'] : "{$web_path}assets/javascript/jquery.min.js?assets_version=" . $config['assets_version'],
		'S_ALLOW_CDN'			=> !empty($config['allow_cdn']),

'T_THEME_NAME'			=> rawurlencode($user->style['style_path']),
		'T_THEME_LANG_NAME'		=> $user->data['user_lang'],
		'T_TEMPLATE_NAME'		=> $user->style['style_path'],
		'T_SUPER_TEMPLATE_NAME'	=> rawurlencode((isset($user->style['style_parent_tree']) && $user->style['style_parent_tree']) ? $user->style['style_parent_tree'] : $user->style['style_path']),
		'T_IMAGES'				=> 'images',
		'T_SMILIES'				=> $config['smilies_path'],
		'T_AVATAR'				=> $config['avatar_path'],
		'T_AVATAR_GALLERY'		=> $config['avatar_gallery_path'],
		'T_ICONS'				=> $config['icons_path'],
		'T_RANKS'				=> $config['ranks_path'],
		'T_UPLOAD'				=> $config['upload_path'],

'SITE_LOGO_IMG'			=> $user->img('site_logo'),
        ));
alhitary
Name: Basil Taha Alhitary

Post by alhitary »

prepend the filename with ../../../../../../store/customcode/
prepend means add the code ../../../../../../store/customcode/ in the file ?
the file should start with or contain ../../../../../../store/customcode/

Just to translate it :D
leschek

Post by leschek »

alhitary wrote:

prepend the filename with ../../../../../../store/customcode/
prepend means add the code ../../../../../../store/customcode/ in the file ?
the file should start with or contain ../../../../../../store/customcode/

Just to translate it :D
It means that it should be written before the name of your file.

Instead:
<!-- INCLUDE my_file.html -->
you should write:
<!-- INCLUDE ../../../../../../store/customcode/my_file.html -->
alhitary wrote:I find ACP_CUSTOMCODE_CREATE_DELETE
If click on it, it goes to white page.
Why ?
I'm not a developer, but try to delete cache and check, if you use last version of language file, because I couldn't find ACP_CUSTOMCODE_CREATE_DELETE in it.
Walther

Post by Walther »

alhitary wrote:I find ACP_CUSTOMCODE_CREATE_DELETE
If click on it, it goes to white page.
Why ?
Here is your solution : viewtopic.php?p=13829121#p13829121

Return to “Extensions in Development”