[3.2][BETA] Custom Code

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
John connor

Re: [3.2][BETA] Custom Code

Post by John connor » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:14 pm

I have been using this from day one. I couldn't live without it. I have audio played to a banned account and set my footer items with this code. I'm scared to update though as I don't want anything to break. I do use parameter template vars I think it's called as well.

martti

Post by martti » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:23 pm

John connor wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:14 pm
I have been using this from day one. I couldn't live without it. I have audio played to a banned account and set my footer items with this code. I'm scared to update though as I don't want anything to break. I do use parameter template vars I think it's called as well.
So you're still on phpBB 3.1.5 ?

It's easy to replace those parameter template vars.
Just search for
CUSTOMCODE_PARAM_
and replace with
marttiphpbb_customcode.query.
Then turn the PARAMETERNAME to lowercase parametername.

John connor

Post by John connor » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:45 pm

No, I'm on 3.2.2 and just use the extension in my FTP. It has no GUI in the Extensions tab. I modify the code manually through the FTP. However, I'm very code stupid so I have no idea what you just said there. You were the one to help me use my footer and banned audio code. The banned audio code apparently needed that parameter template code extension.

martti

Post by martti » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:56 pm

John connor wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:45 pm
No, I'm on 3.2.2 and just use the extension in my FTP. It has no GUI in the Extensions tab. I modify the code manually through the FTP. However, I'm very code stupid so I have no idea what you just said there. You were the one to help me use my footer and banned audio code. The banned audio code apparently needed that parameter template code extension.
Ok, so you are not using this extension because version pre-2.0.0 dioesn't work together with phpBB 3.1.6+.
Probably you are using an empty extension where you manually create the files for the events. And you are using also the Parameter Template Variables extension.

John connor

Post by John connor » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:56 pm

Yeah, I think if I can remember right now that the extension didn't work back then and I reverted back to what you had before in the beginning. That is, it's an extension so to speak that I enabled in the ACP, but I have to edit the files manually in the FTP under marttiphpbb/inserttemplatecode/styles/all/template/event.

In there are the 12 HTML files I can add code to.

How would I proceed to update to your latest without losing my code now?

I have to thank you, Martii for creating this extension. It's been fantastic thus far and I have to thank you for the code help as I'm very code stupid. :lol: I once had random audio play on my index which was pretty cool. But I got rid of that since I thought it would be annoying to my visitors. I do have audio that plays to banned accounts though.

I also use your paramtempvars I think it is that allows me to hide the contact bubbles from guest viewing, and thus far it works great. I couldn't have done it without you.

To make it easier, this is what I'm using.

John connor

Post by John connor » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:02 pm

Okay, this might help you out. I'm using version 0.1.0. Yeah, quite old indeed, but it works.

martti

Post by martti » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:14 pm

The advantage of "Custom Code" is that you can edit in the ACP. But the disadvantage is that it has only 12 template events:
  • forumlist_body_category_header_before.html
  • overall_footer_after.html
  • overall_footer_body_after.html
  • overall_footer_copyright_append.html
  • overall_footer_page_body_after.html
  • overall_header_body_before.html
  • overall_header_content_before.html
  • overall_header_head_append.html
  • overall_header_page_body_before.html
  • overall_header_stylesheets_after.html
  • topiclist_row_append.html
  • viewtopic_body_postrow_post_after.html
If you do things manually, like you do now, you can chose any of the phpBB template events.
So it's up to you what you like to use. You could of course stay with the solution that you have now. If it works, why not? Or, you could also enable Custom Code, and move stuff there (gradually). But in any case, just backup the files before you do anything. Also note that this new version of Custom Code is fresh and needs testing. Quite a lot has changed internally.

John connor

Post by John connor » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:21 pm

martti wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:14 pm
Also note that this new version of Custom Code is fresh and needs testing. Quite a lot has changed internally.
Ah, and that's where I'll wait. So far what I have now works great.

Return to “Extensions in Development”