[ABD] Welcome On Index

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
User avatar
Lumpy Burgertushie
Registered User
Posts: 63196
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 3:11 am
Contact:

Re: [RC] Welcome On Index

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:43 pm

ok, fine. however, template stuff is not all that is in the cache.
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.
Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

New phpbb 3.0 support site

User avatar
3Di
Registered User
Posts: 11461
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:09 pm
Location: Milano - Frankfurt
Name: Marco
Contact:

Re: [RC] Welcome On Index

Post by 3Di » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:52 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:ok, fine. however, template stuff is not all that is in the cache.
Sorry, it is not what I meant.
The right meaning is, despite to when you are just editing templates then you need to purge the cache to suddenly see the results (if you don't have sat the "recompile stale style components" in ACP/load settings, suggested to do in dev environments), the migrator takes care of purge the whole cache everytime, so templates too.
Want to compensate me for my interest? You can.
You can pm me only in case of request for paid job. Thx.
MOD conversions, Extensions and Scripts for phpBB.

User avatar
noth
Registered User
Posts: 2431
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:10 pm
Location: North Surrey
Contact:

Re: [RC] Welcome On Index

Post by noth » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:52 pm

is anyone using Black? I am trying to make a better indexbodymarkforumsbefore for Black, has anyone already done that, I'm not getting far :D
UK planning forums got a planning application in the UK?

carloclaessen
Registered User
Posts: 494
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2003 11:55 pm

Re: [RC] Welcome On Index

Post by carloclaessen » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:03 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:try this. upload the extension again to the server.

go into your admin panel and enable it
purge the cache
go back and disable the extension
then delete the data
then delete the extension from your ftp
then purge the cache.


robert
repeated a zillion times error stays

solution what works

open up ext/stoker/welcomeonindex/migrations/module_data.php

Code: Select all

<?php
/**
*
* @package phpBB Extension - Welcome on Index
* @copyright (c) 2014 Stoker
* @license http://opensource.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.php GNU General Public License v2
*
*/

namespace stoker\welcomeonindex\migrations;

class module_data extends \phpbb\db\migration\migration
{
	public function update_data()
	{
		return array(
			array('module.add', array(
				'acp',
				'ACP_CAT_DOT_MODS',
				'ACP_WELCOMEONINDEX'
			)),
			array('module.add', array(
				'acp',
				'ACP_WELCOMEONINDEX',
				array(
					'module_basename'	=> '\stoker\welcomeonindex\acp\welcomeonindex_module',
					'modes'				=> array('settings'),
				),
			)),
		);
	}
	
	public function revert_data()
	{
		return array(
			array('module.remove', array(
				'acp',
				'ACP_CAT_DOT_MODS',
				'ACP_WELCOMEONINDEX'
			)),
			array('module.remove', array(
				'acp',
				'ACP_WELCOMEONINDEX',
				array(
					'module_basename'	=> '\stoker\adsenseads\acp\adsenseads_module',
					'modes'				=> array('settings'),
				),
			)),
		);
	}
}
this is the code of module_data.php of the mod as you see in the revert part there is the reason why

'module_basename' => '\stoker\adsenseads\acp\adsenseads_module',

replace it with


'module_basename' => '\stoker\welcomeonindex\acp\welcomeonindex_module',

save and upload back

TheStigP11GT
Registered User
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:04 am

Re: [RC] Welcome On Index

Post by TheStigP11GT » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:25 am

Will there be any plans to change the welcome messages using the ACP?

carloclaessen
Registered User
Posts: 494
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2003 11:55 pm

Re: [RC] Welcome On Index

Post by carloclaessen » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:33 pm

you allready can do that

User avatar
Stoker 4.0
Registered User
Posts: 1414
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:33 pm
Location: Funen, Denmark
Name: Ulrik Christensen
Contact:

Re: [RC] Welcome On Index

Post by Stoker 4.0 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:09 pm

carloclaessen wrote:
Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:try this. upload the extension again to the server.

go into your admin panel and enable it
purge the cache
go back and disable the extension
then delete the data
then delete the extension from your ftp
then purge the cache.


robert
repeated a zillion times error stays

solution what works

open up ext/stoker/welcomeonindex/migrations/module_data.php

Code: Select all

<?php
/**
*
* @package phpBB Extension - Welcome on Index
* @copyright (c) 2014 Stoker
* @license http://opensource.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.php GNU General Public License v2
*
*/

namespace stoker\welcomeonindex\migrations;

class module_data extends \phpbb\db\migration\migration
{
	public function update_data()
	{
		return array(
			array('module.add', array(
				'acp',
				'ACP_CAT_DOT_MODS',
				'ACP_WELCOMEONINDEX'
			)),
			array('module.add', array(
				'acp',
				'ACP_WELCOMEONINDEX',
				array(
					'module_basename'	=> '\stoker\welcomeonindex\acp\welcomeonindex_module',
					'modes'				=> array('settings'),
				),
			)),
		);
	}
	
	public function revert_data()
	{
		return array(
			array('module.remove', array(
				'acp',
				'ACP_CAT_DOT_MODS',
				'ACP_WELCOMEONINDEX'
			)),
			array('module.remove', array(
				'acp',
				'ACP_WELCOMEONINDEX',
				array(
					'module_basename'	=> '\stoker\adsenseads\acp\adsenseads_module',
					'modes'				=> array('settings'),
				),
			)),
		);
	}
}
this is the code of module_data.php of the mod as you see in the revert part there is the reason why

'module_basename' => '\stoker\adsenseads\acp\adsenseads_module',

replace it with


'module_basename' => '\stoker\welcomeonindex\acp\welcomeonindex_module',

save and upload back
Thanks, will fix that as soon as i get to my computer. Can take a couple of days.

User avatar
John connor
Registered User
Posts: 1341
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:14 pm
Location: U S Of A
Contact:

Re: [RC] Welcome On Index

Post by John connor » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:40 am

Nice. Following.
Having spam problems? Install this extension and/or this this extension
Use this to protect your forum! Use the Pro version, it's free.

User avatar
John connor
Registered User
Posts: 1341
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:14 pm
Location: U S Of A
Contact:

Re: [RC] Welcome On Index

Post by John connor » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:17 am

Hi, I was wondering how I can change this code so that it is white in color to go with my theme?

Code: Select all

$lang = array_merge($lang, array(
    'WELCOMEONINDEX_UPDATED'					=> 'Welcome On Index settings updated',
	'UP_LATE'             		=> 'You\'re up late %1$s, Shouldn\'t you be sleeping?',
    'UP_EARLY'             		=> 'Good Morning %1$s, You\'re up early today',
    'GOOD_MORNING'           	=> 'Good Morning %1$s, What a lovely morning it is',
	'GOOD_DAY'        			=> 'Good day %1$s, We hope you enjoy your time here',
    'GOOD_AFTERNOON'       		=> 'Good Afternoon %1$s, Finally you are here',
    'GOOD_EVENING'           	=> 'Good Evening %1$s, Nice to see you here',
   	'GOOD_NIGHT'           		=> 'Good Night %1$s, time to go to bed',
    'WELCOME_GUEST'           	=> 'Guest',
    'WELCOME_HOUR'           	=> 'Hour',
    'WELCOME_HOURS'           	=> 'Hours',
   	'WELCOME_DAY'           	=> 'Day',
    'WELCOME_DAYS'           	=> 'Days',
    'WELCOME_MONTH'           	=> 'Month',
    'WELCOME_MONTHS'       		=> 'Months',
   	'WELCOME_YEAR'           	=> 'Year',
    'WELCOME_YEARS'				=> 'Years',
	'WELCOME_TO_MOD'			=> 'Welcome to',
	'WELCOME_PLEASE'			=> 'Please',
	'WELCOME_ENJOY'				=> 'to enjoy the full content of this site',
	'WELCOME_OR'				=> 'or',
	'WELCOME_AND'				=> 'and',


And then how could I change this to white as well?

Code: Select all

'WELCOME_YOU'				=> 'You joined',
	'MEMBER_FOR'				=> 'You have been member for:',
));
Thanks!
Having spam problems? Install this extension and/or this this extension
Use this to protect your forum! Use the Pro version, it's free.

User avatar
david63
Jr. Extension Validator
Posts: 12463
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2002 8:08 am
Location: Lancashire, UK
Name: David Wood
Contact:

Re: [RC] Welcome On Index

Post by david63 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:34 am

That is a language file and does not have any colour
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email or as they will be ignored

User avatar
John connor
Registered User
Posts: 1341
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:14 pm
Location: U S Of A
Contact:

Re: [RC] Welcome On Index

Post by John connor » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:58 am

There's no way some PHP code can be added to make it have color?
Having spam problems? Install this extension and/or this this extension
Use this to protect your forum! Use the Pro version, it's free.

Sippan
Registered User
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:23 am
Contact:

Re: [RC] Welcome On Index

Post by Sippan » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:01 am

Test this
only change 706c61 to fit you

Code: Select all

'WELCOME_YOU'            => '<font style="color:#706c61">You joined</font>',
   'MEMBER_FOR'            => '<font style="color:#706c61">You have been member for:</font>',
));

User avatar
david63
Jr. Extension Validator
Posts: 12463
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2002 8:08 am
Location: Lancashire, UK
Name: David Wood
Contact:

Re: [RC] Welcome On Index

Post by david63 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:03 am

John connor wrote:There's no way some PHP code can be added to make it have color?
No.

Colour attributes are set normally in the css files or inline in the template file. You could try putting some inline styling in those language variables but then they would be applied everywhere the variable was used.

There should be no need to change anything for the colour as the template should be using the colours for your style.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email or as they will be ignored

User avatar
John connor
Registered User
Posts: 1341
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:14 pm
Location: U S Of A
Contact:

Re: [RC] Welcome On Index

Post by John connor » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:41 am

Sippan wrote:Test this
only change 706c61 to fit you

Code: Select all

'WELCOME_YOU'            => '<font style="color:#706c61">You joined</font>',
   'MEMBER_FOR'            => '<font style="color:#706c61">You have been member for:</font>',
));

That didn't work. My site loaded as a blank page.
Having spam problems? Install this extension and/or this this extension
Use this to protect your forum! Use the Pro version, it's free.

User avatar
John connor
Registered User
Posts: 1341
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:14 pm
Location: U S Of A
Contact:

Re: [RC] Welcome On Index

Post by John connor » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:42 am

david63 wrote:There should be no need to change anything for the colour as the template should be using the colours for your style.

The text is black. I'm using the AllanStyle-ShadowGlow.
Having spam problems? Install this extension and/or this this extension
Use this to protect your forum! Use the Pro version, it's free.

Post Reply

Return to “Extensions in Development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dsaf, hewmac06, zorni and 26 guests

cron