Author: Extensions Development Team
Extension Description: The Extensions Development Team is working on an Auto Groups extension, the runner up voted for by the community (poll results).
This extension will allow administrators to configure conditions, e.g. reaching a high post count, membership milestone, or number of warnings, that will add users automatically to usergroups.
- Add users to group(s) based on post counts.
- Add users to group(s) based on the length of their membership.
- Add users to group(s) based on the number of warnings received.
- Add users to group(s) based on their age/birthday.
- Users will be added to a group by reaching the minimum value.
- Users can be removed from a group by exceeding the optional maximum value.
- Groups can be set to become the user's new default usergroup.
- Groups can be excluded from default status changes (ie: moderator and administrator groups).
- Can be easily extended by other extensions to add more possible auto group rules, ie: a PayPal Donation extension could extend Auto Groups to add donors to a special donor usergroup, or a Thanks for Posts extension could add users to a special group after reaching a reputation milestone. Or add-on extensions can be made that add users to groups in ways we didn't think of.
Beta 1 (Requires phpBB-3.1.0)
Github Repository: https://github.com/phpbb-extensions/autogroups
- Unzip the downloaded release, and change the name of the folder to
- In the
extdirectory of your phpBB board, create a new directory named
phpbb(if it does not already exist).
- Copy the
phpBB/ext/phpbb/(if done correctly, you'll have the main JSON file at (your forum root)/ext/phpbb/autogroups/composer.json).
- Navigate in the ACP to
Customise -> Manage extensions.
- Look for
Auto Groupsunder the Disabled Extensions list, and click its
- Set up and configure Auto Groupsby navigating in the ACP to
Users and Groups -> Manage Auto Groups.
All are welcome to contribute to the extension by forking our repository and submitting a Pull Request through Github.