[CDB] [Official Extension] Auto Groups

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
John connor
Name: Aaron

Re: [DEV] [Official Extension] Auto Groups

Post by John connor »

This sounds like a good extension, but also need something to delete warnings at a specific set time.

VSE
Extensions Development Coordinator
Name: Matt Friedman

Post by VSE »

John connor wrote:This sounds like a good extension, but also need something to delete warnings at a specific set time.
This extensions has nothing to do with adding/deleting warnings.
Official phpBB Extensions ⭐️ My Extensions & MODs 🔔 YES!!! They ALL work with phpBB 3.3.x 🔔
Please do not PM me for support.

potku

Post by potku »

VSE wrote: No, you can set up a user to be added to a group based on how long they have been a member using min and max values. So they can be added to group1 after being a member for 1 year, and removed from that group after being a member for 2 years (and then added to group2), for example.
OK, that sounds great, but what we are looking for is a time limit. One of our groups has a membership period of one year, so it would be nice to have that automated instead of having to write down the exact joining date for each member and then removing them manually one by one.
Potku.net

"Before I speak, I have something important to say."

- Groucho Marx

VSE

Post by VSE »

potku wrote:OK, that sounds great, but what we are looking for is a time limit. One of our groups has a membership period of one year, so it would be nice to have that automated instead of having to write down the exact joining date for each member and then removing them manually one by one.
This extension will not do that, as that requires a bunch of other changes outside the scope of this extension.
VSE wrote:Can be easily extended by other extensions to add more possible auto group rules, ie: a PayPal Donation extension could extend Auto Groups to add donors to a special donor usergroup, or a Thanks for Posts extension could add users to a special group after reaching a reputation milestone. Or add-on extensions can be made that add users to groups in ways we didn't think of.
But somebody else could write a group time limit based extension that also has integration with this extension to make adding/remove automatic.
Official phpBB Extensions ⭐️ My Extensions & MODs 🔔 YES!!! They ALL work with phpBB 3.3.x 🔔

sopi

Post by sopi »

"User has an avatar" would then also be a different extension which has integration with this auto-group-extension?

vileninja

Post by vileninja »

what is the status of this ext?

VSE

Post by VSE »

vileninja wrote:what is the status of this ext?
In development.

vileninja

Post by vileninja »

Ok was not sure if it was still in development or not. I cant wait for the release of it.

yakimchuk

Post by yakimchuk »

install extension, but how it configure? ;)

HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

yakimchuk wrote:install extension, but how it configure? ;)
Github Repository: https://github.com/phpbb-extensions/autogroups
This extensions is in development and can not be installed yet. We will update this space when it is ready for Beta testing.

Ancient Viking

Post by Ancient Viking »

It would be awesome if you could manage the different permission roles some group has in ACP in this extension.

Perhaps it's too complicated or require too much work.
My local forum: egetforum.nu - Offline Forum Online!

Geronimoz

Post by Geronimoz »

Hi,

I want to thank you so much for the future release of this extension.
I follow this topic :)

Thanks

Cordialy,
Geronimo(z)
"Nothing is not inside nothing"
SCS MODS FR

01i

Post by 01i »

Would it be possible to add an optional password/recognition code for each group, that can be managed from the edit group page by a group leader?

This could then combine with a hidden profile field visible only to the user and administrators, where they can enter a list of codes that they might have been issued (either when registering, or via the ucp post-registration), and these codes automatically add them to the groups each code is associated with?

VSE

Post by VSE »

01i wrote:Would it be possible to add an optional password/recognition code for each group, that can be managed from the edit group page by a group leader?

This could then combine with a hidden profile field visible only to the user and administrators, where they can enter a list of codes that they might have been issued (either when registering, or via the ucp post-registration), and these codes automatically add them to the groups each code is associated with?
What you are basically asking for is something like an invite system. This extension won't be doing anything like that. However, it will be extendable meaning an extension that does provide an invite style system (or something like what you are asking for) would be able to include auto grouping features when used in conjunction with this extension.

Volksdevil
Name: Neil

Post by Volksdevil »

I'm starting to look more forward to this, are there plans to work on it more anytime soon? :)
My phpBB Extensions
Finally found great Website Hosting from Image KUALO!
Do NOT use 123-reg.co.uk - Incapable of running phpBB!
:ugeek: TekNeil - Streamer on Mixer | My Volkswagen Corrado G60

Return to “Extensions in Development”