[CDB] [Official Extension] Auto Groups

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
VSE
Extensions Development Coordinator
Name: Matt Friedman

Re: [DEV] [Official Extension] Auto Groups

Post by VSE » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:11 pm

Volksdevil wrote:I'm starting to look more forward to this, are there plans to work on it more anytime soon? :)
It's always being worked on. ;)
Dictated but not read.
Official phpBB Extensions My Extensions & MODs
Please do not PM me for support.

Volksdevil
Name: Neil

Post by Volksdevil » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:20 pm

Great stuff, cheers :) I wasn't implying that it wasn't by the way! :D
My phpBB Extensions
Finally found great Website Hosting from Image KUALO!
Do NOT use 123-reg.co.uk - Incapable of running phpBB!
:ugeek: TekNeil - Streamer on Mixer | My Volkswagen Corrado G60

01i

Post by 01i » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:17 pm

VSE wrote:
01i wrote:Would it be possible to add an optional password/recognition code for each group, that can be managed from the edit group page by a group leader?

This could then combine with a hidden profile field visible only to the user and administrators, where they can enter a list of codes that they might have been issued (either when registering, or via the ucp post-registration), and these codes automatically add them to the groups each code is associated with?
What you are basically asking for is something like an invite system. This extension won't be doing anything like that. However, it will be extendable meaning an extension that does provide an invite style system (or something like what you are asking for) would be able to include auto grouping features when used in conjunction with this extension.
I had been thinking about writing a recognition code extension for my boards, when I saw this. As it's not 'urgent', do you think it would make sense for me to hold off until this extension is completed in order to use the auto-grouping features from this extension?

VSE

Post by VSE » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:04 pm

01i wrote:I had been thinking about writing a recognition code extension for my boards, when I saw this. As it's not 'urgent', do you think it would make sense for me to hold off until this extension is completed in order to use the auto-grouping features from this extension?
I don't think so. The auto grouping thing can be tacked on to any extension at any time, unless of course you're making an extension that is going to built around this type of feature. When this extension is finally avilable, you can look at integrating it to your ext.
Dictated but not read.

01i

Post by 01i » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:31 pm

VSE wrote:
01i wrote:I had been thinking about writing a recognition code extension for my boards, when I saw this. As it's not 'urgent', do you think it would make sense for me to hold off until this extension is completed in order to use the auto-grouping features from this extension?
I don't think so. The auto grouping thing can be tacked on to any extension at any time, unless of course you're making an extension that is going to built around this type of feature. When this extension is finally avilable, you can look at integrating it to your ext.
The extension I require would automatically add users to groups depending on the recognition codes that they put into a hidden profile field, and that's pretty much it. I'd have to write a script that fires on registration and profile update to parse the codes, but otherwise "Auto-grouping" is pretty much the primary functionality required.

RedactUK

Post by RedactUK » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:16 pm

One feature I coded for our existing forums is a 'linked group' option in the group admin, where you could specify a group that a user should automatically be put into if they were put into this group and automatically removed from if they were removed from this group (provided they were not in any other groups also linking to that group). A bit complicated I know, but it allows us to create a hierachy of groups e.g. a master group of moderators automatically populated by moderators in other child groups.

I'm guessing this kind of option is out of the scope of what you have planned for this mod?

VSE

Post by VSE » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:21 pm

RedactUK wrote:I'm guessing this kind of option is out of the scope of what you have planned for this mod?
Yeah.
Dictated but not read.

RedactUK

Post by RedactUK » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:29 pm

Ok no problem :)

Can you tell me when your mod will trigger? i.e. when are all tests evaluated

Geronimoz

Post by Geronimoz » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:55 am

Hi VSE,

I'm testing it on our future forum and it seems to be very stable, but as I'm not a "real" dev' ^^ maybe I don't see what is missing or isn't enough stable to give you insurance of a rc1 or beta.

So, I ever tried it with few test accounts and then deactivated (for testing) + cleaned files, and works perfectly without any bad things. Then reactivated with same rules or other rules, and the results were perfects, accounts with good conditions are automaticaly added in good groups.

Thank you so much for this ext' which I do not understand why it has never been added as a default function in phpbb :cry:

See you later for next release or update ;)
Geronimo
"Nothing is not inside nothing"
SCS MODS FR

Komanche

Post by Komanche » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:04 pm

Is it possible to add optiion when the period will end, it should e-mail (or PM) the member the period is ending... :?:

ForoXL

Post by ForoXL » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:11 pm

fucking machine! :lol: :shock:
http://www.ForoXL.com - Foro dedicado a temas generales

VSE

Post by VSE » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:26 am

Komanche wrote:Is it possible to add optiion when the period will end, it should e-mail (or PM) the member the period is ending... :?:
There's an option that will notify the user when they are removed.
Dictated but not read.

Allen142
Name: Allen Nguyen

Post by Allen142 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:38 am

@VSE, when do you finish developing this official extension and change the extension's status from DEV to BETA or CDB? This automatic groups extension works with users reaching the minimum posts in promoting to a new group including a new rank status.
No sign of a forum I owned.

Thank you,
Allen

jobbesat

Post by jobbesat » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:47 pm

I want it now!!!
Just kidding, but I'd love to have it asap :)

Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Raul Arroyo

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:15 pm

Now is [DEV] version...

After programming, testing, etc. will launch the first BETA version. After more tests, etc. will launch the first RC version, that would be the order about. Following this will be sent to the CDB.

Wait please, patience.
All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies :warning:

If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate with Image
:flag_es: phpBB Spain - Online Since 2003 :heart:

Return to “Extensions in Development”