[ABD] Prime Ban to Group

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Wolfsblvt

[ABD] Prime Ban to Group

Post by Wolfsblvt »

Extension Name: Prime Ban to Group
Author: Wolfsblvt
(Original Mod by primehalo, thanks for letting me port this mod)

Extension Description: Automatically moves users into a special group when they are banned or suspended. This allows you to visually indicate their status through the use of group attributes, such as a custom rank image. Users will be removed from the group when they are manually unbanned or when their temporary ban has ended. Users who are already banned or suspended when this extension is installed can be moved to the group if you resync the groups.
Extension Version: 1.0.2

Requirements:
  • PHP: >= 5.4.0
Features:
Current Features
  • Adds banned, suspended and inactive users to a special group
  • Uses a special rank image for these groups (can be changed of course)
  • Configurable cron task wich checks if a user is no more banned
Planned Features
  • Nothing
Screenshots:

Extension Download: wolfsblvt.primebantogroup.zip

GitHub Repository: http://github.com/Wolfsblvt/primebantogroup/
(Just for viewing purposes, do not install this extension from GitHub!)

More Information:
This was an extension Request made here.
I ported the code from primehale and changed a bit, added an acp config and moved the remove from the group from user login to an own cron task.

Bug reports for this extension in this thread please, or on GitHub.
(Oh, and my english is not the best. If you have suggestions for translations or want to add another translation language, just use this thread too)
Last edited by Wolfsblvt on Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
If you have a specific extension request and you are willing to pay for, you can write me a PM.
My extensions (Trending: @Mention SystemAdvanced PollsUser Online Time)

»Du kamst zu uns. Deine Stimme kam. Du zeigtest uns die Sterne. Sie funkelten. Wir konnten sehen.«
Wolfsblvt

Re: [DEV] Prime Ban to Group

Post by Wolfsblvt »

Changelog:
Actual Version

-- Version 1.0.2 --------------
• Fix: Added translation for displayed ranks
• Included spanish translation

###########################################################################
Past Versions

-- Version 1.0.1 --------------
• Fix: add/remove user to inactive group if enabled
• Fix: Inactive group, preventing dozens of messegas in ACP

-- Version 1.0.0 --------------
• First implementation for 3.1
• Added groups and ranks
• Created ACP options
Last edited by Wolfsblvt on Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
If you have a specific extension request and you are willing to pay for, you can write me a PM.

»Du kamst zu uns. Deine Stimme kam. Du zeigtest uns die Sterne. Sie funkelten. Wir konnten sehen.«
Max23

Post by Max23 »

Works like a charm, thank you!!

After installation there are two "Banned Users" and "Suspended Users"-Groups, but I think this is due to incomplete removal of the old MOD for phpBB3.0
Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt »

Max23 wrote:After installation there are two "Banned Users" and "Suspended Users"-Groups, but I think this is due to incomplete removal of the old MOD for phpBB3.0
No, this is planned. primehalo has designed the suspended group and I've taken over that choice. If you want the same image for this group you just have to change the special rank for this group in ACP.

I've Been Banned!

Re: [BETA] Prime Ban to Group

Post by 2600 »

Okay, I have it installed, but i don't know how to ban or suspend anyone. I don't see an option next to their post. How do you do this?
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
The nature of my chosen username
:ugeek:
Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt »

John connor wrote:Okay, I have it installed, but i don't know how to ban or suspend anyone. I don't see an option next to their post. How do you do this?
If you have the permission to ban someone, you have to go to his profile (Click on username).
There should be a ban link right next to the username on the profile. "Banned" means permanent ban, "Suspended" would be if you choose a time less than permanent.

Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt »

I need some people with very big (testing) databases, especially many users, and many banned/suspended.
To test the resync process.

I don't know if it runs well on big forums, I have just around 1000 members.

Max23

Post by Max23 »

I have around 10k users and I resynched - after a few seconds it told me everything went fine. But I don't know if actually something happened.
Wolfsblvt wrote:
Max23 wrote:After installation there are two "Banned Users" and "Suspended Users"-Groups, but I think this is due to incomplete removal of the old MOD for phpBB3.0
No, this is planned. primehalo has designed the suspended group and I've taken over that choice. If you want the same image for this group you just have to change the special rank for this group in ACP.
No, I mean there a two "Banned Users" Groups and two "Suspended Users"-Groups. In total five groups (+ 1 Inactive Users).
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

Wolfsblvt wrote:
John connor wrote:Okay, I have it installed, but i don't know how to ban or suspend anyone. I don't see an option next to their post. How do you do this?
If you have the permission to ban someone, you have to go to his profile (Click on username).
There should be a ban link right next to the username on the profile. "Banned" means permanent ban, "Suspended" would be if you choose a time less than permanent.

Nice! It works great thanks!

Now all we need is a warning auto set thing where so many warnings automatically add them to the group of suspended or banned.
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

Max23 wrote:I have around 10k users and I resynched - after a few seconds it told me everything went fine. But I don't know if actually something happened.
Wolfsblvt wrote:
No, I mean there a two "Banned Users" Groups and two "Suspended Users"-Groups. In total five groups (+ 1 Inactive Users).

I don't have that problem. Just three groups were added; banned, suspended and inactive. I first installed phpbb 3.1.1 and then I upgraded to 3.1.2.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer »

Read and comprehend, people, read and comprehend. Max23, disable the extension temporarily. Then go get the old mod from here: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... n_to_group Inside the contrib folder is "db_uninstall.php" Run that. Then re-enable the extension.

Also instead you could go to phpmyadmin, then select you forum db, and run this in the SQL TAB(MAKE A BACKUP FIRST)[if you don't understand this, then this option isn't for you] Remember to change "phpbb_" to whatever your db prefix is, also disable the extension first:
DELETE FROM phpbb_groups WHERE group_name = 'BANNED_USERS';
DELETE FROM phpbb_groups WHERE group_name = 'SUSPENDED_USERS';
William Jacoby - Community Team
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .
Max23

Post by Max23 »

Well, I deleted the groups via phpMyAdmin and activated the extension again. Now both "banned users" and "suspended users" groups vanished and nothing happens when a user is banned.

Can I create those groups manually? I basically lost the whole extension-functions now...
bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer »

Try disabling the extension, then delete data, and re-enable it.
William Jacoby - Community Team
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .
Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Raul Arroyo

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] »

"PR" Spanish translation ready. ;)
All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies | Styles Queue Stats :warning:

If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate.
:flag_es: phpBB Spain - Online Since 2003 :heart:

Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt »

Max23 wrote:I have around 10k users and I resynched - after a few seconds it told me everything went fine. But I don't know if actually something happened
You should take a look at the "manage groups" section at ACP, if you see members in the groups, the resync worked :P
John connor wrote:Now all we need is a warning auto set thing where so many warnings automatically add them to the group of suspended or banned.
I could do that of course, but there is another extension out there that does the exact same thing. Adding user to groups based on warning level and other things. If I remember right it should be the official groups extension, isn't it?
So I don't know if it would be a good idea to add this feature here.
Raul [ThE KuKa] wrote:"PR" Spanish translation ready. ;)
Thank you! I'll merge that when I'm at home. Can't do that atm.

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”