[RC] Social Media Buttons with privacy

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Webwatcher_eu

Re: [BETA] Social Media Buttons with privacy

Post by Webwatcher_eu » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:53 am

You need to change the folder rights with your FTP Program from e.g. 644 to e.g. 777
clickr right on the folder most FTP progamms will have a menu where you can change the rights off the folder

but you can try it also without change the rights a lot off webspace provider works with a setup where you did not need to change the rights - only in case you get a warning in ACP you need to change the rights

John connor
Name: Aaron

Post by John connor » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:18 am

Okay, now I understand. I do know how to change the rights in Filezilla.

Just another quick question: Is the cache folder in the ext of this extension or somewhere else.

Sshadow
Name: Chris C.

Post by Sshadow » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:34 am

It's /ext/tas2580/socialbuttons/cache

John connor

Post by John connor » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:47 am

Okay, thanks!

John connor

Post by John connor » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:23 am

Well, this sucks. I use a scrip in my forum called ZBblock After installing and trying out the social media buttons, I went to Facebook and clicked the link that tracked back to my forum and ZBblock gave me a 403 block due to the Facebook referrer. I have already attempted to create an user account on the ZBblock forum and I can not get past the captcha. Either I can't read it or it simply won't work. I have E-mailed the Admin of ZBblock and all my E-mails are never answered. So at this point in time until I can fix ZBblock from blocking the referrer to these social media sites I'm a little screwed. If someone could create an account at ZBblock forums and find out how to whitelist the social media sites that would be cool. But you would have to install ZBblock and see the 403 block. This is what the block killed.log shows for Facebook.

Code: Select all

#: 107 @: Fri, 02 Jan 2015 22:54:59 -0600 Running: 0.4.10a3 / 76

Host: Hidden by me

IP: Hidden by me

Score: 1

Violation count: 

Why blocked: Referer spammer (BADREF-049). 

Query: f=25&t=100&sid=9defaeee47e962f061820450cfb45797

Referer: http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3a%2f%2fsystechforum.net%2fviewtopic.php%3ff%3d25%26t%3d100%26sid%3d9defaeee47e962f061820450cfb45797&h=iaqg3h6spaqekt5u37xniepx9ofipozpymjkaxz_pu22hkg&enc=azpftc9vecik8t5ao2iuy01heixsiagqatwxnbqhj9xasfvzxl7fakojzlnivja4oxi9tbefzbooub86no5s7o_4h6r2gojbban0vmhmnpfdmtlfjnkxrexwyvonzq49_e3iiyiwftvv2hznnawad5y5uziy2ngocmo8op0ufie3bq&s=1

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:25.1) Gecko/20141110 Firefox/31.9 PaleMoon/25.1.0

Reconstructed URL: http:// systechforum.net /viewtopic.php?f=25&t=100&sid=9defaeee47e962f061820450cfb45797
I don't even know how to whitelist an IP address in ZBblock and I think I need to since I see my host trying to do something on my Wordpress blog and they were blocked. So this could cause problems. I really don't want to get rid of ZBblock as it's a really great hacker prevention scrip for PHP websites.

John connor

Post by John connor » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:21 am

Okay, I just tried registering for an account at the ZBblock forums with plain old Internet Explorer and was finally able to get an account. After about a week of trying. He (Zap) must have some major ant-smapbot crap running on the site because even when I knew the captcha was right it still wouldn't approve my account. The only thing I can think of is that I'm using an addon in Pale Moon (my main browser) that forges an ID3 tag. So that could be triggering what ever crap he has on his forum.

So now that I created an account on the ZBblock forums I shall ask how to white list the social media sites used by this extension.

MacBookPro
Name: Stu

Post by MacBookPro » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:04 am

Thanks for the work, I have updated so will let you know how we get on.
Regards

Stu..

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:06 am

John connor wrote:Well, this sucks
Don't knock an extension just because it does not work with some other add-on that you have installed.

Each extension is only required to work with a vanilla version of the latest release of phpBB 3.1
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

MacBookPro

Post by MacBookPro » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:15 am

david63 wrote:
Don't knock an extension just because it does not work with some other add-on that you have installed.

Each extension is only required to work with a vanilla version of the latest release of phpBB 3.1
I thought exactly the same at first however when I read the reply a few times I think and hope the poster meant the situation sucks (as in not being able to contact the writer of another app he uses) rather than the great extension we have here.
Regards

Stu..

John connor

Post by John connor » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:50 am

MacBookPro wrote:
david63 wrote:

I thought exactly the same at first however when I read the reply a few times I think and hope the poster meant the situation sucks (as in not being able to contact the writer of another app he uses) rather than the great extension we have here.

Exactly. I'm not knocking this extension by any means. I used it prior to installing ZBblock and it worked fine. I just can't get an answer to how to whitelist the social media in ZBblock so that users that click the link in say Facebook can get access to my site. Currently they can't. I have posted a message on the ZBblock forums on this situation and my post has not been approved yet. Yet I seen the admin online. I may have to try again. I'll wait till tomorrow and post again if necessary.

tas2580

Post by tas2580 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:34 am

@Sshadow:
You can modify "margin-left:380px;" in styles/all/template/event/viewtopic_buttons_top_after.html to set the position of the buttons.

@John connor:
Why you use a script that blocks thinks and you don't know what is blocked?

John connor

Post by John connor » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:02 am

Hi Tas. I use a script that prevents SPAM, BOTS, and hackers called ZBblock. It is a very good script. It also blocks Tor. Check it out.

So I solved my problem. I asked on the ZBblock forum on how I can prevent the blocks and this is what you do in case someone else runs ZBblock on their site. Although the new signatures when they come out soon will prevent this, but in the mean time this is what you do.

In your directory where ZBblock is installed go to the vault folder and find Signatures.inc Now using Notepad ++ find badref-049.

Comment that line out using two // in front of it. Save and upload to the vault. That's it!

Now Social Media Buttons work!

Tas, I clicked Facebook button and Twitter button, but the numbers stats don't show a 1. I have that option turned on in the Extension settings.

tas2580

Post by tas2580 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:07 pm

John connor wrote:It also blocks Tor. Check it out.
Why I should block Tor? I like Tor, its a nice think for people without free internet.
John connor wrote:Tas, I clicked Facebook button and Twitter button, but the numbers stats don't show a 1. I have that option turned on in the Extension settings.
This is because the caching, purge the cache or wait some time an the counter should go up.

tas2580

Post by tas2580 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:11 pm

Next small update, I have optimized the code and removed the SID from the URL to share.

MacBookPro

Post by MacBookPro » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:24 pm

Thanks for the update.
Regards

Stu..

Return to “Extensions in Development”