[CDB] mChat

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
dmzx

Re: [DEV] mChat

Post by dmzx »

mrgtb wrote:
dmzx wrote:
mrgtb wrote:Sorry, you mean templates/events

Actually looking now, no it seems about 3 html files didn't get uploaded
Upload them and check again
Yeah, it's working OK now after uploading them missing templates and purging cache. Not sure why they didn't get uploaded in first place?

;)
Contact me on dmzx-web.net
 Need a Host or buy me a beer Donate and try binance.com
osirisios

Post by osirisios »

dmzx wrote:
mrgtb wrote:
dmzx wrote:
mrgtb wrote:Sorry, you mean templates/events

Actually looking now, no it seems about 3 html files didn't get uploaded
Upload them and check again
Yeah, it's working OK now after uploading them missing templates and purging cache. Not sure why they didn't get uploaded in first place?

;)
DMZX

Seems like my issues were exactly the same - some files weren't uploaded via FTP with the rest of the extension files... Tracked down which ones and uploaded seperately and it's working....
minusbrain

Post by minusbrain »

Hi,

I have installed the software myself and it's configured to be shown in the index in the bottom. Nothing is being displayed, the servercache has been cleared but with now positive outcome.

My Phpbb Version 3.1.3
mrgtb

Post by mrgtb »

minusbrain wrote:Hi,

I have installed the software myself and it's configured to be shown in the index in the bottom. Nothing is being displayed, the servercache has been cleared but with now positive outcome.

My Phpbb Version 3.1.3
Check the folder called: mchat/styles/prosilver/template/event

And make sure all the template files got uploaded to that event folder, there should be 5 HTML templates listed in it but me and another person found when uploading the mod that they didn't all get uploaded for some odd reason first time around

Sounds like you've had same problem also, all the templates didn't get uploaded
minusbrain

Post by minusbrain »

Its works :D but -

The index says "Autoupdate every 0 seconds" and the ACP = 10. My site is collapsing.
martin123456
I've Been Banned!

Post by martin123456 »

minusbrain wrote:Its works :D but -

The index says "Autoupdate every 0 seconds" and the ACP = 10. My site is collapsing.
upload the files again.

Code: Select all

<!-- IF S_CODE_UNTIDY and S_MESS_ON_INDEX Good If_Not_TIDY_Then_SUBMIT -->
mrgtb

Post by mrgtb »

martin123456 wrote:
minusbrain wrote:Its works :D but -

upload the files again.
What I would have said. Check every folder for mod on server against same mod folder on computer via FTP to see if they match up... or if some files are missing. I don't what it is? But there seems to be some problems uploading all the files correctly for this mod, some just don't want to be uploaded.

LOL, I've never had problems before uploading files to server, not even all forum files in one go. But this mod, jeez.
dmzx

Post by dmzx »

first post updated
mrgtb

Post by mrgtb »

Does the pruning feature work in this yet? How many chats are kept in database if you set a limit for the mod in admin cp. if it doesn't yet then I'll not bother setting it like I have right now
dmzx

Post by dmzx »

mrgtb wrote:Does the pruning feature work in this yet? How many chats are kept in database if you set a limit for the mod in admin cp. if it doesn't yet then I'll not bother setting it like I have right now
Should be working if not let me know
mrgtb

Post by mrgtb »

I know it is still in dev, not sure what is and isn't working in it yet? But are you aware the user profile setting to not display chatbox on forum index has no affect working if set to no.

A suggestion as well. I would make the smiley pop-up box 750x350 in width the match forum for smiley pop-up box. Having it set to 300x350 width doesn't look good if using a customer background header image like on my forum, that smaller width of 300 forces things to look quite different. So would stick with same as forum used for size of smiley pop-up box
srad80

Post by srad80 »

Hello I have a problem with the procedure of the installation I have nothing in Acp ( customization)

Installation:
1. Download the latest release.
2. Unzip the downloaded release, and change the name of the folder to `mchat`.
3. In the `ext` directory of your phpBB board, create a new directory named `dmzx` (if it does not already exist).
4. Copy the `mchat` folder to `/ext/dmzx/` if done correctly, you'll have the main extension class at (your forum root)/ext/dmzx/mchat/composer.json
5. Navigate in the ACP to `Customise -> Manage extensions`
6. Look for `mChat Extension` under the Disabled Extensions list, and click its `Enable` link.

I changed the downloaded file Mchat
But this is what I do not understand: 3. `` post directory of your phpBB board (that is what the job directory)
Thank you for the reply ...
dmzx

Post by dmzx »

srad80 wrote:Hello I have a problem with the procedure of the installation I have nothing in Acp ( customization)

Installation:
1. Download the latest release.
2. Unzip the downloaded release, and change the name of the folder to `mchat`.
3. In the `ext` directory of your phpBB board, create a new directory named `dmzx` (if it does not already exist).
4. Copy the `mchat` folder to `/ext/dmzx/` if done correctly, you'll have the main extension class at (your forum root)/ext/dmzx/mchat/composer.json
5. Navigate in the ACP to `Customise -> Manage extensions`
6. Look for `mChat Extension` under the Disabled Extensions list, and click its `Enable` link.

I changed the downloaded file Mchat
But this is what I do not understand: 3. `` post directory of your phpBB board (that is what the job directory)
Thank you for the reply ...
Place the mchat folder in the ext directory.
(your forum root)/ext/dmzx/mchat/
srad80

Post by srad80 »

Thank you but when I place the folder in dmzx EXT then I'll see in the ACP I do not see in the ACP :cry:
thank you
dmzx

Post by dmzx »

srad80 wrote:Thank you but when I place the folder in dmzx EXT then I'll see in the ACP I do not see in the ACP :cry:
thank you

read https://www.phpbb.com/extensions/installing/

Return to “Extensions in Development”