[CDB] mChat

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
BioLogIn

Re: [RC] mChat

Post by BioLogIn » Tue May 10, 2016 7:13 am

GoBieN
Please chill. I was just providing the information to devs and to other people who might have faced the same problem. After that it is up to devs to decide on the priority of fixes.

As for the extension history and participation in the development - thanks, I'm well aware of it, and I helped with modding the original mod a little bit.

kasimi
Thanks, that's really nice to hear. Please keep up the good work and good luck with validation =)

GoBieN

Post by GoBieN » Wed May 11, 2016 5:48 pm

There are not many extensions that can import data from previous mods. I know of one, the Gallery mod.
If you have a backup, you could of course put those tables back at a later stage. Now back to mChat ;)

kasimi
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by kasimi » Wed May 11, 2016 9:13 pm

I haven't actually tested migrating from the mChat MOD to the extension. There will definitely be more issues than just the modules.
GoBieN wrote: you could of course put those tables back at a later stage.
If you are talking about inserting mChat's mchat_messages table from the MOD into the extension, this will not work. There have been changes made to that table's structure that you'd have to apply manually to get it working.

GoBieN

Post by GoBieN » Wed May 11, 2016 10:11 pm

No I was just talking in general for my board cleanup instructions. If later an extension comes around that can import data from an old mod you could put those back from backup. It had nothing to do with mChat. Sorry for the offtopic.

Rhino.Freak

Post by Rhino.Freak » Thu May 12, 2016 5:52 am

kasimi wrote:I haven't actually tested migrating from the mChat MOD to the extension. There will definitely be more issues than just the modules.
If you do try it in free time please post instructions on how to take care of the issues. I don't mind deleting the chat logs, they contain pretty casual conversations but I'd love if it can retain. Thanks!

RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 » Thu May 12, 2016 10:21 am

If the tables contain the same column names then within the migration file that adds the tables check for the table names first and ignore adding new tables. If the names changed and if the tables exist, update the column names within the migration file. If completely new install, install the tables.
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

lemACD

Post by lemACD » Mon May 16, 2016 5:25 pm

kasimi wrote:
lemACD wrote:This time mChat continued to work without problem.
What is it exactly that needs fixing? :lol: Oh I remember. A few ideas:
  • Disable mChat, delete all data and check the ACP module management. Manually delete any leftovers that smell like mChat.
  • Have you updated your board from a previous install or is it a fresh install? Maybe you forgot to update the vendor folder?
  • Try updating all core files using a fresh download of your phpBB version.
  • Send me the file cache/container_0374ec857381230fa83049643ce3cdee.php
lemACD wrote:Incidentally, what are the consequences of clearing the cache or deleting files as you suggest? For instance, if someone is in the middle of posting something, will they lose it?
Basically the cache folder is for improving performance. You don't lose any data by delete the folder contents. Just remember to leave the index.html and .htaccess files in there.
I've finally managed to fix it (hooray!)
I disabled mchat, deleted every row from every table that mentioned mchat and then re-enabled.
Don't know which one fixed it but it was clearly some old setting or something causing trouble.
Thanks for your help and thanks for a great extension.

pitur

Post by pitur » Fri May 20, 2016 7:12 pm

Hi kasimi,

So I've been testing mchat for a bit now and I really love it - thank you ever so much for doing such a fine job!

There are a few things that keep coming up during testing, and I wonder if they would interest you as potential features for future versions:

- Attachments. It would be great if the attachment system could work for the chat as well. So someone could upload a picture to place inline, or a small file to share in the chat.

- Splitting off a section of the chat to make it into a forum topic. Often the chat is used to quickly flesh out some ideas between people but then grow into a full blown discussion. How nice it would be to be able to split a section off and put it in one of the persistent forums to continue there.

Would any of these be doable?

Thanks again!

pitur

Burnside

Post by Burnside » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:31 am

Hi, do you have a release or does it support 3.1.3 ?

I need a chat for 3.1.3, do you plan a version for that or where can I find one ?

dmzx

Post by dmzx » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:36 am

Burnside wrote:Hi, do you have a release or does it support 3.1.3 ?

I need a chat for 3.1.3, do you plan a version for that or where can I find one ?
This will only work with "phpbb/phpbb": ">=3.1.7-PL1,<3.3.0@dev"

For older versions check This
Contact me on dmzx-web.net
 Need a Host or buy me a beer Donate and try binance.com

srad80

Post by srad80 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:32 pm

Hello can not keep "in memory" color of text selected in the shoot ?
Thank you

chfs

Post by chfs » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:52 am

Will still RC6, RC7... or CDB?
I'm sorry for my english. :?

dmzx

Post by dmzx » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:23 am

chfs wrote:Will still RC6, RC7... or CDB?
For now RC5, need to check what comes out of validation.
Contact me on dmzx-web.net
 Need a Host or buy me a beer Donate and try binance.com

Rhino.Freak

Post by Rhino.Freak » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:13 am

There is an error in Microsoft Edge browser and Internet Download Manager software. It tries to download the sound files the moment I enter the page.

Doesn't happen on any other browser .. Strange.

spaceace

Post by spaceace » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:21 pm

Rhino.Freak wrote:There is an error in Microsoft Edge browser and Internet Download Manager software. It tries to download the sound files the moment I enter the page.

Doesn't happen on any other browser .. Strange.
i have seen the same thing with IDM(Internet Download Manager) and all that needs to be done is to add an exception in IDM. it happens with any extension that uses mp3 files and is common with IDM with all my testing

Return to “Extensions in Development”