[CDB] mChat

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
kasimi
Former Team Member

Re: [RC] mChat

Post by kasimi »

Yes, have a look at my mChat add-on extensions in the signature. ;)
Darloup
Name: Henry

Post by Darloup »

As usual, many thanks for a wonderful release!

A tiny request ! Would it be possible to customize in the ACP the size of the font displayed? It's a wee bit too large for me.

Interestingly enough, the font size used to notify the messages is larger than the one used to display "No one is chatting" at the bottom of the chat...

Regards,

Henry
mrgtb

Post by mrgtb »

Odd behaviour happening now with standard text input area. If you write something long in it that forced the text box area to expand in width (or quote something with a reply that's pretty long). After you submit the shout the text area stays expanded and only reduces back to normal smaller width after you click in it.

Also, if you enable user new user moderation (set a post count) for all new users to be moderated on posts before moved out Newly Registered group - and you pull new topics to shoutbox. The hidden moderated posts still get pulled in shoutbox
Last edited by mrgtb on Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kasimi
Former Team Member

Post by kasimi »

Darloup wrote:Would it be possible to customize in the ACP the size of the font displayed? It's a wee bit too large for me.
This could be added but there won't be any features until 2.0.0 is released in the CDB, otherwise there will never be a release. Maybe someone wants to write an addon extension for that? :) I do remember though that someone asked the same thing and I posted instructions on how to adjust the CSS. Check a few pages back.
mrgtb wrote:the text area stays expanded
I can reproduce this issue when clicking on the submit button. It works fine when using enter to send the message. I will investigate.
mrgtb

Post by mrgtb »

I edited my post and added this extra also.

Also, if you enable new user "moderation" (set a post count) for all new users to be moderated on posts before moved out Newly Registered group - and you pull new topics in shoutbox. The hidden moderated posts still get pulled in shoutbox.

Just had a user join my forum who posted a message stuck in moderation queuing and he he posted another two afterwards still stuck in moderation because I'd now moderated the first one yet. And he posted he could see his messages posted in shoutbox, no idea if other members could have seen it also?
kasimi
Former Team Member

Post by kasimi »

mrgtb wrote:The hidden moderated posts still get pulled in shoutbox.
He isn't supposed to see his own unapproved posts. Only users with post approval permission in the respective forum should see those posts: https://github.com/kasimi/mChat/blob/ma ... 1138-L1141 Another issue to investigate.
trilo
Name: Trilo Byte

Post by trilo »

I've updated to RC7, no issues to report. I also added the chat icons add-on, really nice work there - thanks!
mrgtb

Post by mrgtb »

kasimi wrote:
mrgtb wrote:The hidden moderated posts still get pulled in shoutbox.
He isn't supposed to see his own unapproved posts. Only users with post approval permission in the respective forum should see those posts: https://github.com/kasimi/mChat/blob/ma ... 1138-L1141 Another issue to investigate.
It works just fine, they lied and was a troll playing games. I tested it myself now creating a new account and making a post that needed moderating and you can't see it in shoutbox, neither can other members also. What they saw was "login" displayed in shoutbox for them that was turned on.

it works perfectly fine, no problem with it.
Darloup
Name: Henry

Post by Darloup »

Hola,
kasimi wrote:
Darloup wrote:Would it be possible to customize in the ACP the size of the font displayed? It's a wee bit too large for me.
This could be added but there won't be any features until 2.0.0 is released in the CDB, otherwise there will never be a release. Maybe someone wants to write an addon extension for that? :) I do remember though that someone asked the same thing and I posted instructions on how to adjust the CSS. Check a few pages back.
Yes,I was the one who mentioned it! ;)

I hope that this feature will soon be added, preferably in the UCP. After all, some users may wish for a LARGER font, other may wish for a SMALLER font... There are so many things that can already be customized in the UCP (date format, capitalized first letter of every message, etc.) that I genuinely believe that the font size should also be one of those things).

Regards,

Henry
mrgtb

Post by mrgtb »

If you want to make the font-size smaller and use the proSilver theme. It is controlled in the mchat.css file.

Change:

Code: Select all

.mchat-text {
	clear: both;
	overflow: hidden;
	padding: 2px 5px;
	font-size: 1.2em;
}
Change to this:
.mchat-text {
clear: both;
overflow: hidden;
padding: 2px 5px;
font-size: 1.1em;
}
Tarantino

Post by Tarantino »

Idea: add new option similar to Display user logins but to Display only the 1st user login. So after registration and when doing the very 1st login to the board it will receive appear a message welcoming the user.

Best regards
mrgtb

Post by mrgtb »

I can reproduce this issue when clicking on the submit button. It works fine when using enter to send the message. I will investigate.
Did you come up with any fix for this problem since.
sinalco

mchat für das Portal?

Post by sinalco »

finde keine Erweiterung mehr für mchat Portal. Hatte bislang oder habe noch von Talonos bis jetzt!
Ich kann nicht installieren den mchat RC7 . Bekomme Fehlermeldung. Habe RC5!
http://duwirstvermisst.de

Find no extension for Mchat Portal. Had so far or still from Talonos until now!
I can not install the Mchat RC7. Get error message. Have RC5!

Last edited by sinalco on Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Re: mchat für das Portal?

Post by bonelifer »

sinalco wrote:finde keine Erweiterung mehr für mchat Portal. Hatte bislang oder habe noch von Talonos bis jetzt!
Ich kann nicht installieren den mchat RC7 . Bekomme Fehlermeldung. Habe RC5!
Please only post in English on this board per board rules: https://www.phpbb.com/rules/#english-language
William Jacoby - Community Team
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .
kasimi
Former Team Member

Post by kasimi »

trilo wrote:I've updated to RC7, no issues to report. I also added the chat icons add-on, really nice work there - thanks!
Thanks for the feedback!
Darloup wrote:Yes,I was the one who mentioned it! ;)
Oops. ;)

There's an add-on extension available now that allows users to adjust the font size. See my signature.

Return to “Extensions in Development”