[CDB] mChat

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
cpg-at-work

Re: [DEV] mChat

Post by cpg-at-work »

Hallo,

is there a chance to show the online-chatters on a side outside the chat-side?
In my old version (ajax chat) I had {PHPBB_ROOT_PATH}{CHATTERS} in who_is_online.html
(some changes in the function.php)

Best regards
cpg
sebg61

Post by sebg61 »

Hello,

I found a solution for the smilies are displayed in the MiniChat after sending a message : place the contents of phpbb directly after the domain name (or localhost). Do no place phpbb after intermediate folder.

ex:

my.domaine.com/(phpbb) => OK
my.domaine.com/forum/(phpbb) => KO

Great extension, thanks to Dmzx ! ;)

bye
Geronimoz

Post by Geronimoz »

Hi there.

Before question, just congrats for this mChat which is just the best Chat' ever...

So, I have some short issues with mChat.
I'm not sure if these issues have ever been specified but too many pages to read and, unfortunatly I miss time to read all...
The adress of our forum : www.scsmods.fr
phpbb version : 3.1.4
Style : Pbtech

First, I'm using the pbtech style made by Paybas and it seems that for the first issue it's a little bad interaction between mChat and pbtech.
This first issue is simple. Without the mChat, we have the ability to reduce the Categories (by clicking on the title of them) we're not interested about, but with mChat activated, this function is unable to work...

Second issue is strange. If I decide to place the last message in top of the chat', then there is no sound notification and no tab notification too.
If I place the last message in bottom of the chat', sound and tab notification works perfectly.

The third issue is due about the style, and I think you can't make anything about it, but maybe you should have an Idea.
We are using the Recent subjects ext' which places all recents subjects on right of the forum instead of before the forum.
So then, the mChat is very reduced in size.

I thank you for the good work you do, hoping my question are not too boring ^^

Have a nice day,
Cordialy
Geronimo(z)
"Nothing is not inside nothing"
SCS MODS FR
dmzx

Post by dmzx »

Geronimoz wrote:Hi there.

Before question, just congrats for this mChat which is just the best Chat' ever...

So, I have some short issues with mChat.
I'm not sure if these issues have ever been specified but too many pages to read and, unfortunatly I miss time to read all...
The adress of our forum : http://www.scsmods.fr
phpbb version : 3.1.4
Style : Pbtech

First, I'm using the pbtech style made by Paybas and it seems that for the first issue it's a little bad interaction between mChat and pbtech.
This first issue is simple. Without the mChat, we have the ability to reduce the Categories (by clicking on the title of them) we're not interested about, but with mChat activated, this function is unable to work...

Second issue is strange. If I decide to place the last message in top of the chat', then there is no sound notification and no tab notification too.
If I place the last message in bottom of the chat', sound and tab notification works perfectly.

The third issue is due about the style, and I think you can't make anything about it, but maybe you should have an Idea.
We are using the Recent subjects ext' which places all recents subjects on right of the forum instead of before the forum.
So then, the mChat is very reduced in size.

I thank you for the good work you do, hoping my question are not too boring ^^

Have a nice day,
Cordialy
Geronimo(z)
Send you a PM ;)
Contact me on dmzx-web.net
Buy me a beer Donate and try binance.com or try CentOS Web Panel
Geronimoz

Post by Geronimoz »

Hi,

Thanks a lot for you PM dmzx !
The third issue is solved but not the first and second... I'm not sure how to proceed for the first issue, because our forum have lot of categories (as we are talking about games of one dev' studio)... If someone has any idea ?

Thanks.
"Nothing is not inside nothing"
SCS MODS FR
dmzx

Post by dmzx »

Geronimoz wrote:Hi,

Thanks a lot for you PM dmzx !
The third issue is solved but not the first and second... I'm not sure how to proceed for the first issue, because our forum have lot of categories (as we are talking about games of one dev' studio)... If someone has any idea ?

Thanks.

PM me test account.
Contact me on dmzx-web.net
Buy me a beer Donate and try binance.com or try CentOS Web Panel
hejowicz

Post by hejowicz »

hejowicz wrote:
dmzx wrote:
hejowicz wrote:Hi

There is problem with refreshing user avatars and images on index page.
To get avatars to work i nedd refresh hole page (f5)
There is no problem with mchat on custom page.

I'm using subsilver2, and i have this mods so for:
Auto Database Backup 1.1.0
Board3 Portal 2.1.0-rc2
Board Announcements 1.0.2
External Links Open in New Window 1.0.0
mChat Extension 0.0.14
Tapatalk Plugin for phpBB 3.1 1.2.3
User Online Time 1.1.1

Can i send you login details via pm ?
First download the latest version and install it.
Ok, i updated to the latest version.
Same problem.
I coudn't find dedicated subsilver2 files, so i copy,and rename prosilver files to subsilver2.
Hi, did you check this problem ?
I sendt you pm, but you didn't reply.

Thanks
Meykota

Post by Meykota »

Hey,

I tried to activate mchat on my forum, but it didn't work very well. I'm using board3 as start page, but when I visit the forum (while mchat is active), I see just the "color change table" and the descriptions of our categories. I guess, there is a wrong date which my style doesn't know. I'm using Simplicity made by artodia. After activating mchat it shows very shortly the forum and the mchat, but than it changes to this: (I made a photo)

GregariousJB

Post by GregariousJB »

Meykota wrote:I see just the "color change table"
This exact same thing happens to me on my development site, but my production site is fine. Very strange.
tahoebuff
Name: Michael

Post by tahoebuff »

I had this happen to me in an Artodia style on my test forum. It was a jquery conflict. I removed the <!-- INCLUDEJS jquery-1.8.3.min.js --> from the mchat_body.html that was contained in the artodia styles folder I added in the mchat extension. Not sure it will work for you...either way you most likely have it called to many times.
Meykota

Post by Meykota »

Wow, this worked! Thanks a lot :)
martin123456
I've Been Banned!

Post by martin123456 »

cpg-at-work wrote:Hallo,

is there a chance to show the online-chatters on a side outside the chat-side?
In my old version (ajax chat) I had {PHPBB_ROOT_PATH}{CHATTERS} in who_is_online.html
(some changes in the function.php)

Best regards
cpg
Take a look at this chat layout i might bring it up to date it sort of has what you want.
http://www.martins-place.dyndns.info/keep/index.php

Code: Select all

<!-- IF S_CODE_UNTIDY and S_MESS_ON_INDEX Good If_Not_TIDY_Then_SUBMIT -->
cpg-at-work

Post by cpg-at-work »

Hallo and thank your for your reply :)

On my main-side it is ok now; but I try to show the chatters also in who_is_online in my portal.
I do my best, but no success today.
I think I have to include the mchat_body.html there, but I din't get the right path. There are some changes from 3.0x - 3.1x

Best regards
cpg
Anonymous_et_EE

Post by Anonymous_et_EE »

Estonian translation is in progress... First version for et translation can be see here:

Github: https://github.com/phpBBeesti/mChat
WWW: http://www.phpbbeesti.com/foorum/viewto ... f=31&t=271

Another post will be added, if i will release translation.
GoBieN

Post by GoBieN »

Just installed after waiting and following this topic for months. Works fine, except when new message appears via AJAX avatar picture, smilies and profile link is broken because it goes to ./../download/file.php wich doesn't work on forums in a subfolder. When you refresh the page the avatar, smilies and links are correct. So only in the AJAX part there is a problem with building the path.

I circumvented by adding redirects on my webserver for /download/file.php to /forum/download/file.php and also for the smilies.

Return to “Extensions in Development”