[CDB] mChat

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Theriddler1
Name: Theriddler❶

Re: [RC] mChat

Post by Theriddler1 »

kasimi wrote:
Theriddler1 wrote:registered members on the site would be welcomed in the chat
Theriddler1 wrote:beside the mchat icon (in navlinks) a real live user online counter
These two features are already implemented in the upcoming version.
Theriddler1 wrote:congrats to Birthdays members
This is best left to an addon extension. There will be numerous events available to automate adding all kinds of messages.
this will be great thank you.

curious about those events and all kind of things we can do with it.

thanks for your hard work.
Theriddler - Moderator @ phpBB.nl | phpBBservice.nl Team-member
ImageSupport Tools | Image My Extensions | buy me a beer Image

lupus77

Post by lupus77 »

Would be great if this could be supported, too: viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2272431

Maybe as an option in the ACP.

BioLogIn

Post by BioLogIn »

Am I the only one who is having a funny problem of having MCHAT_LOCATION and MCHAT_MESSAGE_TOP config values reversed? I mean, if a user or admin sets mchat display on main page to the top, it will show at the bottom, and vise versa; same with the message order...

eunaumtenhoid

Post by eunaumtenhoid »

First Time q will install and appears this eroo how to solve it

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

All parts of a PRIMARY KEY must be NOT NULL; if you need NULL in a key, use UNIQUE instead [1171]

SQL

CREATE TABLE phpbb_mchat_deleted_messages ( message_id mediumint(8) UNSIGNED NULL, PRIMARY KEY (message_id) ) CHARACTER SET `utf8` COLLATE `utf8_bin`;
My translations of the extensions for Brazilian Portuguese
https://github.com/phpBBTraducoes

kasimi
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by kasimi »

lupus77 wrote:Would be great if this could be supported, too: viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2272431
mChat already works fine with the s9e/mediaembed extension, except when you ask mChat to make the first letter in your messages uppercase. I'll try to get this fixed, meanwhile you can edit the message and change Http:// to http://.
BioLogIn wrote:Am I the only one who is having a funny problem of having MCHAT_LOCATION and MCHAT_MESSAGE_TOP config values reversed?
I haven't heard any reports about those options not working correctly. What version of mChat and what style are you using?
eunaumtenhoid wrote:First Time q will install and appears this eroo how to solve it
Follow the instructions in this post to fix your problem: viewtopic.php?p=14467096#p14467096

BioLogIn

Post by BioLogIn »

kasimi wrote:
BioLogIn wrote:Am I the only one who is having a funny problem of having MCHAT_LOCATION and MCHAT_MESSAGE_TOP config values reversed?
I haven't heard any reports about those options not working correctly. What version of mChat and what style are you using?
Hey.

I'm using 2.0.0-RC5 with a prosilver-inherited style.

I should clarify that for some reason for some users these config values works as intended, and for some users (including my admin account) they are reversed O_o

If this is not a known bug, I guess I'll have to investigate my board/db further...

eunaumtenhoid

Post by eunaumtenhoid »

eunaumtenhoid wrote:First Time q will install and appears this eroo how to solve it
Follow the instructions in this post to fix your problem: viewtopic.php?p=14467096#p14467096[/quote]

VERY TKS IT WORKS

BioLogIn

Post by BioLogIn »

kasimi wrote:
I'm sorry, I am an idiot =) I did the Russian localization for mchat, and I switched the text lines for 'MCHAT_BOTTOM' and 'MCHAT_TOP' =) So embarrassing.

Also, I've send this localization to dmzx a while ago - this needs to be fixed before it drives more people mad. Let me now if I should just reupload the updated version for you.

kasimi
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by kasimi »

Those things happen, don't sweat it. :)

mChat will be submitted to the CDB without any additional languages. Feel free to post your translation here in this topic and/or in mChat's support area once it's validated. Thanks!

eunaumtenhoid

Post by eunaumtenhoid »

I am testing this ext it is more amazing still friends thanks. But it is possible to add a user bot to New settings and id forum posts I want to add to the resource ?

would be amazing

kasimi
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by kasimi »

I'm not sure what exactly it is you want but a bot will not be added to mChat, it will be possible though for other developers to write an addon extensions that can have all kinds of features.

eunaumtenhoid

Post by eunaumtenhoid »

kasimi wrote:I'm not sure what exactly it is you want but a bot will not be added to mChat, it will be possible though for other developers to write an addon extensions that can have all kinds of features.
on new setting (new topic on chat) add id forum for show new topic this forum and a bot user
to post notifications in chat in place of User

Darloup
Name: Henry

Post by Darloup »

Hello,
kasimi wrote:I'm not sure what exactly it is you want but a bot will not be added to mChat
In fact, a bot is already included in mChat! The one who writes who posted what and where!

3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

Darloup wrote:Hello,
kasimi wrote:I'm not sure what exactly it is you want but a bot will not be added to mChat
In fact, a bot is already included in mChat! The one who writes who posted what and where!
That's the logic there coded, a bot is a different stuff. ;)

Shall I assume (reading your statement) that also phpBB it's shipped with a BOT or more then?

The Extensions robot it is a BOT, for example. A "fake user", so to speak, that does some automated tasks.
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
:studio_microphone: Premium extensions @ The Studio

bitsss

Post by bitsss »

Is it possible to "invite" users, which are indeed online (at the board), but not online in the chat?

I would like to instruct users in the forum "hey, i am in the chat at the moment. please visit also the chat right now, please"

Return to “Extensions in Development”