[CDB] mChat

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Darloup
Name: Henry

Re: [RC] mChat

Post by Darloup » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:26 am

Hello,

Well, the way I and many other people define a bot (maybe wrongly) in a chat program are the anonymous messages which appear onscreen whenever an action is performed.

So, in my mind, the message "Magiccamember has posted a topic/suject/answer in (name of forum)" is being sent by a bot. But call it a bot or whatever!

In other chat programs, the messages also could have included the date every 24 hours, which birthdays were celebrated on that day, which member(s) happened to log on, which new member(s) happened to have registered in the forum, etc.

Best regards,

Henry

shocka1

Post by shocka1 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:22 pm

The issue is most likely caused by my style (Canvas - Modern PHPBB3.1 Theme by slickthemes), as it does not occur within the default style (prosilver). But basically, the @ [respond to user] button does nothing when clicked.

Is there any way I can disable the "Respond to user" button?

Also, the smilies do not work when clicked, so I had to disable them. Apparently my theme isn't compatible with many ext, including 'New Topic'.

kasimi
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by kasimi » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:00 pm

Darloup wrote:So, in my mind, the message "Magiccamember has posted a topic/suject/answer in (name of forum)" is being sent by a bot. But call it a bot or whatever!
mChat will only ship with some essential "bot" messages. Just like the mChat Bot addon MOD for the mChat MOD for phpBB 3.0, there's no reason not to write an mChat Bot addon extension. There already is an extension request which anyone who wants it to get more attention can bump: viewtopic.php?f=496&t=2384566
shocka1 wrote:Is there any way I can disable the "Respond to user" button?
Only by editing code:
  • Open /ext/dmzx/mchat/styles/prosilver/template/mchat_messages_icons.html
  • Inline find DEFINE $MCHAT_ALLOW_MENTION = MCHAT_ALLOW_USE
  • Replace with DEFINE $MCHAT_ALLOW_MENTION = FALSE and MCHAT_ALLOW_USE
I can't reprocude the issue though, it's working on my dev board, and so are smilies. Send me a PM with a link to your mChat installation if you want me to have a look.
Last edited by kasimi on Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kasimi
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by kasimi » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:48 pm

shocka1 wrote:The issue is most likely caused by my style (Canvas - Modern PHPBB3.1 Theme by slickthemes)
I had a look at your board and then remembered that I had already posted instructions on how to get it working quite a long time ago. Here you go: viewtopic.php?p=14412441#p14412441

In my local environment I'm working with the latest version where these edits are already incorporated, which means you won't have to do these edits again when you update mChat in the future.

shocka1

Post by shocka1 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:57 pm

kasimi wrote:I had a look at your board and then remembered that I had already posted instructions on how to get it working quite a long time ago. Here you go: viewtopic.php?p=14412441#p14412441
This worked!!! Thank you a lot Kasimi :D

spello

Post by spello » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:15 pm

Hi, to make mChat compatible with Posting Buttons extension (toggle color picker) you need to open javascript/mchat.js and
replace:

Code: Select all

$('#bbpalette,#abbc3_bbpalette').prop('onclick', null).attr('data-mchat-toggle', 'colour');
with:

$('#bbpalette,#abbc3_bbpalette,#color_wheel').prop('onclick', null).attr('data-mchat-toggle', 'colour');
Could you fix it in next mChat release?

kasimi
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by kasimi » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:56 pm

spello wrote:Could you fix it in next mChat release?
Yes, thanks for reporting.

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Re: [ABD] mChat

Post by DavidIQ » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:04 pm

This topic has been marked as [ABD] - Abandoned as the extension author has not been active recently in the topic (last post was 3 months ago) and thus does not seem to be interested in active development, even though there is activity in other topics and extensions. If the extension author wishes to continue development, please PM anyone on the Extensions Team to request this topic be unlocked.

Notice!
We do not recommend that a user of the phpBB software install this extension, or any other extension that is marked as “abandoned” or “in development”, on a live forum. Doing so may cause your forum to not perform in the manner it should.

Thank you,
The phpBB Extensions Team

Topic has been moved back and OP author changed so development and updates can continue.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

Nully

Re: [ABD] mChat

Post by Nully » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:23 pm

DavidIQ wrote: Topic has been moved back and OP author changed so development and updates can continue.
Thanks. I was so afraid!
I'm glad it will continue. :D

mrgtb

Post by mrgtb » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:33 pm

I didn't know development had stopped on this. There is a bug in this yet still regarding if you check (tick) the 'Hide my online status this session' box when logging into forum. It still shows you as online named in mchat. It's the only thing I've found not working right though, just that one thing.

But it works fine hiding you in mchat if you set yourself to invisible mode via User CP settings instead. I was hoping to see a fix for that, maybe even posted for this RC5 version I'm using.

eunaumtenhoid

Post by eunaumtenhoid » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:14 pm

module link is text only and not id? switching to id

ucp.php?i=-dmzx-mchat-ucp-ucp_mchat_module
e g chance to:

/ucp.php?i=number
is possible?
My translations of the extensions for Brazilian Portuguese
https://github.com/phpBBTraducoes

spello

Post by spello » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:38 pm

Hi, UCP_PROFILE_MCHAT is used as title in UCP, but is not included in language file.

kasimi
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by kasimi » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:49 pm

eunaumtenhoid wrote:module link
No, this is the way phpBB works.
spello wrote:Hi, UCP_PROFILE_MCHAT is used as title in UCP, but is not included in language file.
Thanks for reporting! RC6 is around the corner! :)

chfs

Post by chfs » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:58 am

Thank you for the new version RC6

You did a great job! 8-)

*link removed*
Last edited by DavidIQ on Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed link
I'm sorry for my english. :?

kasimi
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by kasimi » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:33 am

RC6 has not been released officially. You linked to a dev version that still contains some bugs. Please wait until there's an official package, I will announce it here.

Return to “Extensions in Development”