[CDB] mChat

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
kasimi
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Re: [RC] mChat

Post by kasimi » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:59 pm

sakm wrote:I can confirm the images where posted with the [img] tag
I did some tests with image dimensions. When posting an image larger than specified in ACP > Posting > Post Settings, the message says [img]http://image.jpg[/ img] instead of showing the actual image, so perfectly acceptable. If your mChat behaves differently let me know and I'll have another look.
ALX™ wrote:Greek language
Thank you!
hejowicz wrote:I allready set RU - mchat permission all to YES
and they not work
I just tested this locally and it works fine. Please post a screenshot of your RU group's mChat permissions and a screenshot of a registered user's permission trace of the Can edit own messages permission.
Also note that editing can be limited by time, have a look at the setting Time limit for editing and deleting messages on mChat's global settings page in the ACP and make sure it's set to a sensible value.
Buu wrote:hello, i have a problem, for phone users that use the chat, the autorefresh doesn`t work, the need to refresh the page ...
I can confirm the issue on mobile when using the Aero style. I will look into it soon.
Buu wrote:Also (this is a sugestion) can you make something, when you whant to tipe something, the keyboard appear and the chat zoom in ... that is a bit unconfortable for users ...
Are you talking about mobile users? When you want to type something you tap the input box and your keyboard should appear automatically. This is a browser feature and works for me in all the tests I've done so far.
Jon_Hart wrote:it would then be put inside it's own scrollable section like any long quote.
I like the idea. What maximum number of pixels would you suggest before a message itself should become scrollable? It should only take a couple CSS rules, and even if they don't find their way into the mChat package users can always add them themselves. :)

sakm
Name: Stu

Post by sakm » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:55 pm

kasimi wrote:
sakm wrote:I can confirm the images where posted with the [img] tag
I did some tests with image dimensions. When posting an image larger than specified in ACP > Posting > Post Settings, the message says [img]http://image.jpg[/ img] instead of showing the actual image, so perfectly acceptable. If your mChat behaves differently let me know and I'll have another look.

Ah

it seems I may have messed up a bit here! the image in question was 15000 x 15000 :shock:

upon checking my settings I set mine to 0 x 0 which disables image checking!

I control image size by MB and not pixels I forgot I had changed it a while ago

kasimi
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by kasimi » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:08 pm

sakm wrote:upon checking my settings I set mine to 0 x 0 which disables image checking!
Glad it's figured out now. :)
Buu wrote:hello, i have a problem, for phone users that use the chat, the autorefresh doesn`t work, the need to refresh the page ...
I have to correct myself, it does work fine with the Aero theme. The issue I had earlier was the "preview style" feature that adds &style=123 to the URL. When doing this it doesn't work with any style because for some reason the session ID isn't sent back to the server which is why mChat displays a Permission denied error. After setting the Aero style in the UCP as my default style mChat works on my phone without problems. I suspect another extension on your board is interfering with mChat but it's hard to tell.

Jon_Hart

Post by Jon_Hart » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:17 am

kasimi wrote: I like the idea. What maximum number of pixels would you suggest before a message itself should become scrollable? It should only take a couple CSS rules, and even if they don't find their way into the mChat package users can always add them themselves. :)
Youtube videos max out at 360px when embedding with s9e/mediaembed, so maybe anything much larger than that? 400px would probably be a safe size to try.

Edit: I didn't even think about how simple it would be with a little css. max-height: 380px; overflow-y:auto; on the mchat-text class seems to do exactly what I was suggesting.

hejowicz

Post by hejowicz » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:39 pm

kasimi wrote:
hejowicz wrote:I allready set RU - mchat permission all to YES
and they not work
I just tested this locally and it works fine. Please post a screenshot of your RU group's mChat permissions and a screenshot of a registered user's permission trace of the Can edit own messages permission.
Also note that editing can be limited by time, have a look at the setting Time limit for editing and deleting messages on mChat's global settings page in the ACP and make sure it's set to a sensible value.
Here is screenshot
http://imgur.com/a/lYSy8

I don't see anywhere Can edit own messages permission
There is no such permission in groups permission or forums.

kasimi
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by kasimi » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:46 pm

This permission was added in 2.0.0-RC6 so you must be running an earlier version. Update to the latest version 2.0.0-RC7 and your problems should be solved.

Bruce Banner

Post by Bruce Banner » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:17 pm

kasimi wrote:
Bruce Banner wrote:Hi. Is there any way to stop mchat from auto-scrolling when new messages are entered?
This is possible in 2.0.0-RC6 (and was improved in RC7): scroll a few pixels away from the top or bottom, depending on where your new messages appear. When new messages are added it will stay at that position. In other words, auto-scrolling only happens if you have scrolled to the very top or bottom.
Great, thanks!

Meykota

Post by Meykota » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:13 pm

Hey guys :)

I updated my forum today and wanted to update some extensions, because some weren't on the latest version. Well, and mchat was one of them. I know, I should have updated this extension earlier, but hopefully you can help me anyways :/

I was using mchat 0.1.4 and wanted to delete the working data. Because I wanted to delete the whole extension and install the latest version new. When I tried to delete the working data, it don't work, because the system told me, that there is one module missing, this one is called ucp_mchat_config. Do you have a clue, what I can do, to deinstall the whole extension?

I updated the forum today to the latest version (3.1.10).

Btw. if I just try to update the version of mChat from 0.1.4 to 2.0.0-RC7, the system also does not do this and tells me that there is one module already existing. Unfortunately, the system does not say which module is already there. It is a little bit confusing, I'm sorry.

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:04 am

@Meykota - those errors are, I believe, due to a bug in 3.1.10 that occurs when deleting data from some extensions
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

Meykota

Post by Meykota » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:40 am

The thing is that mChat settings in both ACP and UCP have indeed gone missing during our update from 3.1.6 to 3.1.10. When I now just activate again the old mchat version, the chat seems to be working, but no one can access it as there are no permissions for any user any longer, but I cannot set them anywhere.

It's really gotten me there, as currently I don't know what to add and where to make it work again :(

ALX™

Post by ALX™ » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:28 pm

How can I delete all messages from mchat with one click? :?

sorry... it' ok. I found the button in new realese. :oops:
Last edited by ALX™ on Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forgive me for my bad english :oops:

dmzx

Post by dmzx » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:32 pm

ALX™ wrote:How can I delete all messages from mchat with one click? :?

Founders can do this in ACP look under Pruning settings (adjustable for founders only)
Contact me on dmzx-web.net
 Need a Host or buy me a beer Donate and try binance.com

ALX™

Post by ALX™ » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:52 pm

dmzx wrote:
ALX™ wrote:How can I delete all messages from mchat with one click? :?

Founders can do this in ACP look under Pruning settings (adjustable for founders only)
Thanks... I made it.

But, I have a problem. Don't work anything from bbcodes (smilies it works fine)
I run the latest release 2.0.0-RC7 :?

I have the we_clearblue style in 3.1.10 phpbb
Forgive me for my bad english :oops:

mrgtb

Post by mrgtb » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:19 pm

Any chance the theme "bootlike for phpBB 3.1.10" can be supported?

It's a popular theme here that's been released but see MCHAT doesn't support this style theme.

Also notice you support a lot of styles by Arty with it, but he hasn't updated any of his styles from 3.1.9 to 3.1.10 since and he's actually pulling out creating and supporting styles now for phpBB.

DougE

Post by DougE » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:13 pm

I just migrated from 3.0.12 to 3.1.10. I didn't completely uninstall the old mods first since it didn't say to do so, but I have run modission_reset_3110.php.

When I try to enable mchat, I get the following message:
Something went wrong during the request and an exception was thrown. The changes made before the error occurred were reversed to the best of our abilities, but you should check the board for errors.
A required module does not exist: ACP_CAT_MCHAT
Return to the extension list
If I try again to enable it, I get this message:
Information
The installation as been aborted.
There are remnant modules from the mChat MOD for phpBB 3.0.x in the database. The mChat extension does not work correctly with these modules present.
You need to entirely uninstall the mChat MOD before being able to install the mChat extension. Specifically, the modules with the following IDs need to be deleted from the phpbb_modules table: 240
I go into System/module management/ACP/Extensions and the module ACP_CAT_MCHAT is now in there and the error is telling me I need to delete it. If I do that and try again, I start all over with the module does not exist message. I've been through all of my modules and there are no remnants from the old mods in there anywhere.

If I look at my database in phpmyadmin, there is a phpbb_mods table there and I'm wondering if that is causing the problem when I try to enable the mchat extension? I have mchat running on a 3.1.10 test board so I know it works with 3.1.10. I've been running 3.1 on a test board since it was first released, so I'm fairly familiar with it. I just hadn't converted my live board until yesterday.

Here is a screenshot from phpmyadmin. there is something for mchat inside phpbb_mods

Return to “Extensions in Development”