[CDB] mChat

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
HPK

Re: [RC] mChat

Post by HPK » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:58 pm

Hello dmzx.

mChat not working in Metro Theme -> http://phpbb3.pixelgoose.com/index.php?style=2

After turning on the extension, the chat is not displayed and spoils style functionality (as if it did not work js).

Talonos

Post by Talonos » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:26 pm

HPK wrote:Hello dmzx.

mChat not working in Metro Theme -> http://phpbb3.pixelgoose.com/index.php?style=2

After turning on the extension, the chat is not displayed and spoils style functionality (as if it did not work js).
proberly an issue with your theme. could be a missing event.
Creating a world of warcraft website? check the sites out below for board3 compatable mods
Talonos: Pretereo Guild on stormrage EU

dmzx

Post by dmzx » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:08 pm

First Post updated
Contact me on dmzx-web.net
 Need a Host or buy me a beer Donate and try binance.com

kasimi
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by kasimi » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:33 pm

PRORS wrote:some bad double-triple posting and out of sync messages
This was due to some over-complicated way to detect deleted messages. It has been replaced with a much simpler approach. No more out-of-sync messages.
aduh wrote:1. How can I change space size marked by green arrow to get exact space size us one marked by red arrow?
2. How to remove font bold style from mChat title?
It should blend in with your style perfectly now.
BirdTheWord wrote:Is there a way to remove the navbar link to the mChat?
In addition to an ACP option to remove the navbar link, it should display just fine with your style now.
boogi wrote:There is a little bug with mentioning user on chat.
Thanks for hunting down the error!
boogi wrote:In my modification when you click on "@" sign OR user login, then you mention this user. If you click on avatar, then you go to profile page.
With that solution users who have avatars disabled have no way to go to the author's profile. In RC2, the avatar is hidden if the screen is smaller than 700px wide, maybe this helps? So far I couldn't think of a better solution that suits all scenarios.
boogi wrote:There is some problem with session
Indeed there was, it's fixed now.
alex75 wrote:I not see the delete button
Have you correctly set the permissions?
alex75 wrote:if I click on the "view more smilies" I get error
Please test again with RC2. If you still have the problem, send me a PM with a link to your board so that I can have a look.
HPK wrote:mChat not working in Metro Theme
You can try RC2 but I have a feeling it still won't work. :P I'd really like to adjust mChat for this but there's nothing I can do about it as it's a paid style and I don't intend to spend any money on this.

Also note that the minimum requirement for mChat 1.0.0-RC2 is phpBB 3.1.7-PL1.

Thanks to everyone for testing and reporting issues here. Please continue to do so.
Last edited by kasimi on Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lopoto

Post by lopoto » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:39 pm

THX for you job.

ps. am back to RC1 :?

BriniaSona

Post by BriniaSona » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:55 pm

Does this chatbox refresh with each new message or only every 5 seconds?

Is it a live chatbox. So when someone posts everyone sees it at the same time and the exact time it was posted
Last edited by BriniaSona on Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

evilpeppard

Post by evilpeppard » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:56 pm

Successfully updated to mChat 1.0.0-RC2 from 1.0.0-RC1. I currently am running phpBB 3.1.8.

In order to successfully update, I had to disable the 1.0.0-RC1 extension, then delete the data. From there, I had to completely delete the mchat folder on my server, then copy over the new mchat folder for 1.0.0.-RC2. Following these steps, everything is working fine.

At first I followed the above steps, but did not delete the mchat folder on my server for the 1.0.0-RC1 version. When I copied over the 1.0.0-RC2 folder, then enabled the extension and tried testing, I could not post anything in my chatbox. I could not hit 'enter' or the 'send' button. It was only after I deleted the previous mchat folder, then copied over the new mchat folder from 1.0.0-RC2 did everything work correctly.

Hope this helps others.

Thank you for the continued update of this extension!
"My actions are not revenge...they are punishment..."

kasimi
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by kasimi » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:33 pm

lopoto wrote:ps. am back to RC1 :?
Did you have any issues with RC2?
BriniaSona wrote:Does this chatbox refresh with each new message or only every 5 seconds?
If a user doesn't send messages (read-only) mChat refreshes as often as configured in the ACP. If a user sends a message, messages that might have been posted earlier (i.e. up to 5 seconds ago if the refresh interval is set to 5 seconds) will also be displayed. For all users the messages always appear in the order in which the server received them.
BriniaSona wrote:So when someone posts everyone sees it at the same time and the exact time it was posted
If you set the refresh interval to 5 seconds and a user sends a message, another user whose latest check for messages was 1 second ago will see that message when he refreshes the next time, which is in 4 seconds, unless he sends a message himself before that, as explained above.
evilpeppard wrote:Hope this helps others.
Thanks!

leschek

Post by leschek » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:48 pm

I'm just trying to update my translation of mChat and here is some feedback and I also have some questions:

in ACP is written: This message can be translated: edit the MCHAT_RULES_MESSAGE language key in /ext/dmzx/mchat/language/XX/common.php and one very similar explanation. There should be mchat.php instead of common.php.

In UCP is missing explanation for input text area. ('MCHAT_CHAT_AREA_EXPLAIN')

Can you tell me, please, what is difference between mChat messages purged and mChat messages pruned? (I'm not sure how to translate it)

Can you help me, please, to understand this sentence: Displays the full date for messages older than the current session length but limited to 60 minutes. I understand it in this way: It displays the full date for messages from previous sessions or older than 60 minutes. Is it correct?

BriniaSona

Post by BriniaSona » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:15 pm

Oh sorry. What I meant is. It the chatbox live. Like irc or Skype, where as soon as a user posts in the chatbox it appears. There's no delay or refreshing. Are messages are instant.

kasimi
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by kasimi » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:31 pm

HPK wrote:mChat not working in Metro Theme
I've had a look at the Metro Blue style, thanks HPK for providing it. The latest RC2 works fine for me with one exception: mChat on the index page doesn't display when it is located at the bottom, below the forums. The style is missing the event index_body_forumlist_body_after, available since phpBB 3.1.1. People actually pay for this? :roll:

Anyway, here are a few adjustments for mChat 1.0.0-RC2 to fully integrate visually. They are going to be included in RC3.
  1. Open ext/dmzx/mchat/styles/all/template/event/index_body_block_online_append.html
    Replace everything with the following:

Code: Select all

<!-- IF MCHAT_INDEX_STATS -->
            </p>
        </div>
        <div class="stat-block online-list mchat-whois-chatting">
            <h3><a href="<!-- IF S_MCHAT_CUSTOM_PAGE and not S_MCHAT_ON_INDEX -->{U_MCHAT}<!-- ENDIF -->#mChat">{L_MCHAT_WHO_IS_CHATTING}</a></h3>
            <p>{MCHAT_USERS_COUNT} {MCHAT_ONLINE_EXPLAIN}<br />{MCHAT_USERS_LIST}
    <!-- ENDIF --> 
  2. Download this file http://www13.zippyshare.com/v/XJ95SJLZ/file.html and extract the metro_blue folder into ext/dmzx/mchat/styles.
  3. Clear cache.

kasimi
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by kasimi » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:52 pm

leschek wrote:some feedback
Thanks! The MCHAT_CHAT_AREA_EXPLAIN can be deleted from the language file.
leschek wrote:Can you tell me, please, what is difference between mChat messages purged and mChat messages pruned? (I'm not sure how to translate it)
  • Pruning ("tidying") can be set up to happen automatically whenever a user visits the custom or archive page. Old messages are deleted until only the specified number of messages remain. For example, the chat has 5 messages, pruning down to 3 messages deletes the first 2 messages.
  • Purging ("emptying") can only be done by the administrator in the ACP. It will immediately remove all messages.
leschek wrote:It displays the full date for messages from previous sessions or older than 60 minutes.
Not quite. The relative time is displayed only for messages that are not older than the current session length. If the session length is set to 30 minutes, relative time will switch from "28 minutes ago" to "29 minutes ago" to "full date". However, it will always switch from "59 minutes ago" to "full date", even if the session length is 120 minutes. This is what "limited to 60 minutes" means.
  • If you are continuously chatting for 2 hours with a session length of 60 minutes, messages older than 1 hour will display the full time, even though your session hasn't ended/changed.
  • If you write a message, log out and log in again, relative time is still displayed. The user session is irrelevant for the relative time, the only thing taken into consideration is the message time itself.
I hope that helps, feel free to to ask again.

kasimi
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by kasimi » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:56 pm

BriniaSona wrote:Oh sorry. What I meant is. It the chatbox live. Like irc or Skype, where as soon as a user posts in the chatbox it appears. There's no delay or refreshing. Are messages are instant.
I'm not sure I understand. There is delay, as already explained:
kasimi wrote:If you set the refresh interval to 5 seconds and a user sends a message, another user whose latest check for messages was 1 second ago will see that message when he refreshes the next time, which is in 4 seconds
Maybe you are asking about whether you need to refresh the page to see new messages? If that's the case, no you don't. :)

leschek

Post by leschek » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:57 pm

kasimi wrote:I hope that helps, feel free to to ask again.
Thank you for explanation.

Mannix_

Post by Mannix_ » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:12 pm

I just updated my mchat version to 1.0.0-RC2 and my chat doesn't work I mean i can't input any messages and it does not refresh at all. Anyone know what is causing that? This problem exist since version 0-1-7 for me but when I use version 0-3-4 for example everything works fine.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-My Styles-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
HexagonHexagonRebornCleanSilverProject Durango
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Want me to port a style to 3.2.x etc. contact me here or on twitter.

Return to “Extensions in Development”