[CDB] mChat

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
boogi

Re: [RC] mChat

Post by boogi » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:35 pm

Another idea: links posted in mChat opens in new window/tab (target _blank). Or user can choose what he likes.
There is extension for PhpBB forum that does that: https://github.com/RMcGirr83/phpBB-3.1-elonw - but works only with forum, not with mChat. Maybe mChat can integrate with it to have consistent link behaviour across all forum parts?

kasimi
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by kasimi » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:17 pm

boogi wrote:Maybe mChat can integrate with it to have consistent link behaviour across all forum parts?
That's a nice idea. The extension you mention looks to be the perfect solution for this indeed. This code would need to be changed to use $(document).on(); so that it also works with links in dynamically loaded content such as mChat messages. I'm sure Rich will take a look at it if you bring it to his attention.

Thanks again for your input. :)

Agurri

Post by Agurri » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:27 pm

kasimi wrote:It looks like you have configured some kind of catch-all route that displays a blog when browsing to a non-existing path, for example http://pholi.olilaf.com/forums/thisdoesnotexist. When mChat contacts your server it always gets back this blog content, so it's obvious why you get errors. You need to add an exception to whatever routing system you're using so that mChat and pretty much every other extension that uses custom routes can work correctly.
I can see why it wouldn't work. But the thing is I had it working before with MOD and phpbb 3.0.

One thing I saw was if I click on the header mChat of the chat window, I should be going to http://pholi.olilaf.com/forums/mchat which is a forum page exclusively for mchat (much like http://www.dmzx-web.net/mchat)

But, it doesn't seem to be there.

kasimi
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by kasimi » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:44 pm

Your server responds to http://pholi.olilaf.com/forums/mchat with 403 Forbidden and renders the blog, so it appears you have configured your error page to be that blog. It isn't mChat's fault, it's a misconfigured server.

Do you use other extensions that add routes to phpBB? Do they work? I would be surprised if they do.

trilobyte550m

Post by trilobyte550m » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:50 pm

I've discovered what appears to be either a conflict with mChat and the Advanced BBCode Editor, or a general issue with the way mChat is handling toolbar placement.

After installing RC2, the ABBC toolbar is centered on the mChat screen, and is also being centered in the regular post editor window (see the screenshot below).

At first I thought this was an issue with a custom style that was in development, so I switched back to the stock prosilver style and found that the problem persisted. I then checked in with the Advanced BBCode Editor author, and he took a look at the site and confirmed that this was being caused by something in the mchat.css file.

Tinkering around, I found that the issue seems to lie with mchat.css and line 238. If I replace the word 'auto' with the number 0, the toolbar formats correctly on the post editor window... but then is also left-justified in chat. Is there a way to have the toolbar centered in mchat only?

kasimi
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by kasimi » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:53 pm

Yes, this is a bug in RC2. Please have a look at this post: viewtopic.php?p=14377091#p14377091

drunzy

Post by drunzy » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:23 pm

hello

i just installed mchat in to my forum but when i want to use it
i get the following error

No route found for "POST /mchat": Method Not Allowed (Allow: GET, HEAD)

how can i solve this problem

greetz Drunzy

drunzy

Post by drunzy » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:14 pm

kasimi i cant send you a pm
i have enough messages but i won"t work

send me a pm if you have seen this

greetz
Last edited by drunzy on Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kasimi
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by kasimi » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:20 pm

I had a look.

The JavaScript file can't be loaded:

Code: Select all

/phpBB3/ext/dmzx/mchat/styles/all/template/javascript/mchat.js
Requesting this file returns 403 Forbidden. Make sure to configure your web server to grant access to that file.

drunzy

Post by drunzy » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:25 pm

how can i do that?

sorry for the questions but i am in the beginner fase :lol: :lol:

greezt

kasimi
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by kasimi » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:28 pm

The other 3 JS files in that folder are uploaded correctly and accessible. Make sure you uploaded all extension files correctly.

drunzy

Post by drunzy » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:39 pm

i downloaded the file unzipped it and uploaded it in to my server
so how can this be happening then
or do i need to upload it again?

kasimi
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by kasimi » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:44 pm

The mchat.css stylesheet is also missing on your server. Yes, upload everything again and watch out for any errors.

By the way, your server has directory listing enabled which you might want to turn off. I'm sure Google can help you with that. ;)

drunzy

Post by drunzy » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:53 pm

uploaded it again with no errors and still not working :( :(

kasimi
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by kasimi » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:02 pm

Check if this file is in the folder you're uploading: ext/dmzx/mchat/styles/all/template/javascript/mchat.js. If it isn't there download the extension again. If it is, try to manually upload it.

Return to “Extensions in Development”