Author: brunoais (github link)
Generates a new permission which allows the user to see and interact with topics that he didn't start.
Please do create issue topics on github for all issues you find so that I don't lose track of them in this topic.
Known blocker issues:
Please do not send me any pull requests until I reach any alpha version
PHP version: 5.4
phpBB version: 3.1.3 (planned) 3.1.4 (planned) 3.1.5 (planned) (why)
1st testing dev: https://github.com/brunoais/readOthersT ... /0.0.2-dev
2nd testing dev: https://github.com/brunoais/readOthersT ... /0.0.5-dev
3rd testing dev: https://github.com/brunoais/readOthersT ... /0.1.1-dev
1st testing alpha: https://github.com/brunoais/readOthersT ... ree/0.5.0a
1st testing beta: https://github.com/brunoais/readOthersT ... ree/0.9.2b
1st release: https://github.com/brunoais/readOthersTopics/tree/1.0.1
1st approved release: https://github.com/brunoais/readOthersT ... ag/v.1.0.5
Releases link: https://github.com/brunoais/readOthersTopics/releases
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... erstopics/
- Copy the entire contents of the repository to
- Navigate in the ACP to Customise -> Extension Management -> Extensions.
- Click Enable.
Current status: RELEASED \o/!!!
Work order list (subject to change):
- Locate event places
- Make sure events follow the rules and are acceptable.
- Send PR for new event placements (0 to propose, 5 to merge).
- Confirm all events are in place
- Create a first dev version and release/announce it.
- Finish final touches related to security and making it as tightly secure as or more secure than phpBB.
- Release alpha version.
- Release beta version.
- Release stable version.
The original idea and discussion: [RFC] New Forum permission for viewing other users' topics
The event placement and a bit of my plan: [PHP] Events for f_brunoais_can_read_others_topics
Why this last one is taking so long to be proposed: https://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopi ... 81&t=46503
Abd alternative by kinerity: [ABD] Topics only visible to original poster