[CDB] [forum permission] Allow viewing topics started by others

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
brunoais

Re: [RC] [forum permission] Allow viewing topics started by others

Post by brunoais »

That doesn't make sense to me. I don't have any code to do that, related to uninstalling.
Maybe you deleted that role by mistake sometime in the past and the way the extension system works relies on you still having it.
Try solving it by creating that role by yourself and try again.
rahlzel

Post by rahlzel »

brunoais wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:17 am That doesn't make sense to me. I don't have any code to do that, related to uninstalling.
Maybe you deleted that role by mistake sometime in the past and the way the extension system works relies on you still having it.
Try solving it by creating that role by yourself and try again.
That worked, thanks.
heinrich_k

Post by heinrich_k »

I send you a github pull request for German Language pack files.

After waiting for several years I had to install the feature, even if not finished as of yet. So far it works.

Finally I have one central sub-forum where all the users can start topics with their private messages that only the admins can read. And the whole PM mess is hopefully over.
brunoais

Post by brunoais »

Thank you for your help. Do check this comment too please.
https://github.com/brunoais/readOthersT ... -143620861
heinrich_k

Post by heinrich_k »

Made the corrections.
I closed and reopend the Pull request, because couldn't figure out, if my corrections were in the request or not.
Helios7

Post by Helios7 »

Hi, first thanks so much for an excellent extension that enables a private discussions option.

I'm currently testing this extension, it works perfectly well but after installing this extension the "Search user’s posts" on users profile page reports "No suitable matches were found.". Do i have to tweak any settings or is this a regular restriction that applies as default and cant be reset?

Extension Version: 1.0.5
PHP Version 7.0.33
Board version: 3.2.5

Best regards,
Helios
brunoais

Post by brunoais »

For your case, either the users do not have access to those topics or the filtering was excessively eager and also filtered out results that should have been valid.
I don't really know what the problem was, with that much information.
Helios7

Post by Helios7 »

brunoais wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:58 pm For your case, either the users do not have access to those topics or the filtering was excessively eager and also filtered out results that should have been valid.
I don't really know what the problem was, with that much information.
Hi, thanks for your reply.

Users do have access to those topics and are able to view all the regular forums and read posts with both extension enabled and disabled, but are unable to search when the extension is enabled but able to search when extension is disabled.

Looks like either i need to uninstall and reinstall extension or tweak some settings that stops forum wide search.

Will keep testing and shall update if im able to resolve this issue. Meanwhile do forward me your suggestions or questions if any.

Thanks.
TWEagle

Post by TWEagle »

how is it with this extension?
nou nou

Post by nou nou »

Hello there!

I've been away a while but now I'm back :)

I too have search issues in combination with this extension. I have tried to reproduce that on a simple test board but my attempts failed. Just recently I made the jump to phpBB 3.3.2 and the issue persists.

I have encountered two php warnings when using this extension, I don't know if these help:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/brunoais/readOthersTopics/event/main_listener.php on line 289: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/brunoais/readOthersTopics/event/main_listener.php on line 297: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
This turns up when I use Recent Topics on Index and don't limit the amount of pages to list (basically doing a search that includes all of the forum).
brunoais

Post by brunoais »

Please report that issue on github (link below).
Otherwise, I will lose track of it.

That seems to be a good investigation
I think here should be the best place: https://github.com/brunoais/readOthersTopics/issues/20
Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Kailey Snay

Post by Kailey »

nou nou wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:38 am I have encountered two php warnings when using this extension, I don't know if these help:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/brunoais/readOthersTopics/event/main_listener.php on line 289: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/brunoais/readOthersTopics/event/main_listener.php on line 297: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Haven't looked too much into it, but for the foreach, could probably wrap that in an if() statement.

if (count($forum_ids))
{
	foreach ($forum_ids AS $forum_id)
	{
		if ($this->auth->acl_get('f_read_others_topics_brunoais', $forum_id))
		{
			$full_access_forum_IDs[] = $forum_id;
		}
	}
}
Also, every instance of sizeof I'm pretty sure should be changed to count.
Kailey Snay - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Community rules

If you have any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to send me a PM.
My little corner of the world, where I sometimes post things documented from my job.
brunoais

Post by brunoais »

Thanks for the suggestion. It could. However, I want to make sure on which strategy to go with and make sure if that is the best solution option to take.
knorkas

Post by knorkas »

Was wondering, is it possible to put off notifications for the forum using this extension?
So when a user only sees his own posts and none from others, he can still see notifications that others posted something.
noti.png
Any idea how to switch this off so that no user can see any "preview" from posts created in that forum?
brunoais

Post by brunoais »

knorkas wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:32 pm Was wondering, is it possible to put off notifications for the forum using this extension?
So when a user only sees his own posts and none from others, he can still see notifications that others posted something.

noti.png

Any idea how to switch this off so that no user can see any "preview" from posts created in that forum?
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... pic/239751

Return to “Extensions in Development”