heinrich_k wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:44 pm
So, how does the version you submitted work?
You create a new forum and give all those you want to read only their own topics this new role, while mods get standard access to reply to all topics ?
This permission doesn't care who it is. It can even be an admin with founder status. If he doesn't have the permission, he cannot see what he's set as not supposed to.
In the extension in the extensions DB,
- The new permission will appear somewhere (I cannot control where)
- A new role is created but I cannot control what it contains, so it has whatever phpBB decides it should contain.
In the extension as I wanted,
- The new permission will appear under "Can read forum"
- The new role is created, which copies the "Standard access" role, and then sets this permission to "no"
- Mirrors the value of this permission based on groups's permissions' "Can read forum" permission