Extension Description: Replaces local URLs (links to forums, topics, posts or member profiles within your board) with a customizable text.
Extension Version: 1.1.0-beta1
Requirements: phpBB 3.1.2 (or newer)
- If a user of your board posts a link to a forum, it normally appears as a link like http://yourboard/viewforum.php?f=5.
With this extension, the link to the forum can rather be displayed as Forum Name.
- Links to topics can be displayed as Topic Title instead of http://yourboard/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2.
- You can also include the name of the forum containing that topic to the link, e.g. Topic Title (Forum Name).
- Similar text replacements are available for links to posts and to member profile pages.
- Local links within Custom profile fields can be replaced as well.
- Supports Pages extension
- Works with External Links extension
The text that replaces the local URL links can be customized. The following replacements are available:
- For forum or category links: forum/category name
- For topic links: topic title, forum name of containing forum
- For post links: poster user name, poster user colour, post subject, topic title, forum name, topic title (only if post subject is empty)
- For member profile links: user name, user colour
- For links to pages of the Pages extension: page title
- Option to enable or disable (default) replacement of local links within Custom profile fields
Users will only see content from forums they are authorized to read. E.g. if someone posts a link to a topic that resides in a protected forum, only members with access to this forum will see the title of this topic. Unauthorized members will see the default viewtopic.php?t=xx link.
Development Repository: https://github.com/Mar-tin-G/LocalUrlToText
Extension Download: Download at the development repository linked above via the "Download ZIP" button.
Create the following folder structure in your board, and extract the files and folders from the downloaded ZIP file there:
Activate the extension in the Admin Control Panel (ACP) on the Customise > Manage Extensions page.
Set up the text replacements in the ACP on the Extensions > Local URL To Text > Settings page.
Caution: This extension is still in beta status. Please do not use this extension on production boards without testing.