[CDB] Ajax Chat

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
peteetongman

Re: [ALPHA] Ajax Chat

Post by peteetongman »

mr.ruf wrote:well i use cbb chat in my forum , work perfect !
I notice that cBB Chat has a feature whereby a chatter can become 'hidden'. If they become hidden on chat does that mean they are hidden on the forum as well ?
OmkePom
Name: IJsbrand Nijboer

Post by OmkePom »

I have 1 isue,

when install Extension: in UCP there is a Module. Its auto on. Maybe u can make it auto off, i dont like the users to put the Chat off/on. I dont want them to have any controle in any way they can now?
I also want that when Module is off, they see the chat even when they had the change to put it off before i set Module off!

:ugeek:
You got Brains like a Peanut, OMG i insulted a Peanut!
dsaf

Post by dsaf »

Phpbb ACP shows new version as: 0.1.0-BETA

No download? Installed latest from github still APLHA2 ?
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

OmkePom wrote:I have 1 isue,

when install Extension: in UCP there is a Module. Its auto on. Maybe u can make it auto off, i dont like the users to put the Chat off/on. I dont want them to have any controle in any way they can now?
I also want that when Module is off, they see the chat even when they had the change to put it off before i set Module off!

:ugeek:
you can always disable the UCP module in the module management in the ACP ;)

you will have to set each user to display on or off what you want from the database. i have this extension set up with the end user in mind. a user can make changes that unless you go into the database or can log into their account, it's how they set it ;)
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

dsaf wrote:Phpbb ACP shows new version as: 0.1.0-BETA

No download? Installed latest from github still APLHA2 ?
sorry about that. was about to release the BETA and then found an issue that held it up :(

fixed the version check ;)
OmkePom
Name: IJsbrand Nijboer

Post by OmkePom »

spaceace wrote: you can always disable the UCP module in the module management in the ACP ;)
Yes i did that allready!

THX, it just a isue i wanna tell.
But how can i reset it in de DataBase when they changed it in the UCP?
You got Brains like a Peanut, OMG i insulted a Peanut!
Komanche

Post by Komanche »

spaceace wrote:
Komanche wrote:Hi Spaceace,
there is something wrong, when I enable chat, forum stopps working, I can see nothing... Prosilver style. It shows Error 500, internal...
if you are getting a blank white forum after install, that issue has mostly been the minimum requirement of php 5.4 has not been met. as for the error 500, i would need to know where you get that error if the php version is not an issue.
oh, really, thanks for reply, I will update PHP
Sniper_E
Name: Ed Humphrey

Post by Sniper_E »

OmkePom wrote:
spaceace wrote: you can always disable the UCP module in the module management in the ACP ;)
Yes i did that allready!

THX, it just a isue i wanna tell.
But how can i reset it in de DataBase when they changed it in the UCP?
You could disable the extension then delete data and enable the extension again.
Imediately go to ACP and disable the ucp module for chat.
No is NEVER an Option and NEVER is the only Option when it comes to Giving Up!
:!: Sniper_E Styles | phpbbmodders :!:
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

i'm noticing more people are taking the link out of the bottom of the chat... those of you that are doing this, and you know who you are, no support will be given even to the simplest question. i'm doing this for free and all that i'm getting in return are people insulting me by removing the link and still asking for help. it's sad... really sad :roll:
Majkell

Post by Majkell »

spaceace wrote:i'm noticing more people are taking the link out of the bottom of the chat... those of you that are doing this, and you know who you are, no support will be given even to the simplest question. i'm doing this for free and all that i'm getting in return are people insulting me by removing the link and still asking for help. it's sad... really sad :roll:
Really ?
I don't understand that, You working hard on it and they remove this link, its so rude :|
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

Majkell wrote:Really ?
I don't understand that, You working hard on it and they remove this link, its so rude :|
yes. they are doing it. seems they give me a link to a test site that they set up so i see the link in chat but their actual problem is on their live site and the link is removed. when i find the link removed, i will post here with their username stating they no longer get support ;)

when Handyman was working on the 3.0 mod, he had this issue a lot as well. people stoop pretty low :lol:
Jailer

Post by Jailer »

Yeah if you're going to get something for free at least give credit where it's due. :roll:

Keep up the good work, it looks great. Can't wait to get it working on my soon to be live board. Don't worry, I'll keep your link in it. ;)
Geronimoz

Post by Geronimoz »

Jailer wrote:Yeah if you're going to get something for free at least give credit where it's due. :roll:
+1000
People wants all free and doesn't want anymore to just respect at least the people whose are giving them its free things... this world is going so bad... :evil:

Sorry for this answer which isn't very important to help in dev of this ext, but I totaly agree with you and other thinking same. So I just wanted to say it.
I'm waiting too to see this Chat' finally completed and released. And of course, if members on our forum like it, the credit line/link will stay in place it is originaly placed.

I look for future updates and release, keep the good work,
kinds

Geronimo(z)
scsmods.fr
"Nothing is not inside nothing"
SCS MODS FR
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

the only thing holding up the next release is the image issue on the index page. if anyone has any ideas or can help, here's what the issue is viewtopic.php?f=461&t=2302496

who knows... maybe it's something simple that we are just overlooking :roll:
Jailer

Post by Jailer »

So if I were to install my board directly into the web root of my server the shoutbox would function correctly? It's currently installed in the phpBB3 directory that is in my web root.
Last edited by Jailer on Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Extensions in Development”